This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cross-overs and movie opinons

could the third season of atlantis and the tenth season of sg-1 have more cross-overs. and could the movie be a combinding of both sg-1 and atlantis?

There may be crossovers in the current series

I doubt there will be another movie as it wouldnt have a broad appeal so Sony wont want to do it

It wont have a broad appeal because Stargate is very complex and they wont be able to explain everything to newcomers in a movie
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

I love crossover episodes! lol.. I just think these two shows can and do go together so well.. they just blend and it doesn't feel odd or out of place.

And a movie would be cool but it would have to be really really good and still stay true to the shows (and keep the casts!). I don't really see a movie happening, but you never know..

Atlantis Base offers greetings from the Pegasus Galaxy
      "Just when you think you're not in Kansas anymore, it turns out you are."

http://babyseals.care2.com/
      www.stopthesealhunt.com

Comment

I was actually hoping for a two part crossover event in the near future. i mean like having the first half on SG-1 and the second half on SGA. I think that would be awesome!

Perfecto!

Comment

Sounds pretty awesome to me maybe the atlantis team find info on the Ori in the ancient database
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

oooh... cool ideas

Atlantis Base offers greetings from the Pegasus Galaxy
            "Just when you think you're not in Kansas anymore, it turns out you are."

http://babyseals.care2.com/
            www.stopthesealhunt.com

Comment

Imagine how difficult it was for the writers to do Avalon and Origin because of all the demands to explain the absence of old characters and introduce so many new characters.

To do a movie, you'd need a Fellowship of the Ring-style loooong introduction.

Explain that Teal'C, Teyla, Hermiod, and Ronon all aliens from different planets, the Atlantis expedition, the SGC...maybe even the Goa'uld, Ancients, Wraith, and Asgard.

Then you'd have to give all those characters something to do.

Then get it to appeal to a general audience, while not alienating the core fanbase.

And then edit it to fit it all within two-and-a-half hours.

And make it not suck.

Television cross-overs are definitely the best way to go. There should a few minor cameos a year, topped off by one major cross-over a year.

Comment

i think that crossovers should be kept for special occasions, i don't think that we should have a member of SG1 just show up on Atlantis or have a member of Atlantis appear on SG1. if crossovers become a common occurance, then there isn't really anything to look forward to so i think that crossovers would be something which we will probably get a lot off during the later part of the seasons.

DASP brought up a lot of good points, and i think the biggest one would be giving all those characters something to do. its easy enough to have both Mitchell and Shepherd's teams into a long drawn out fight, but other than that there isn't really much you could do with all of them because you'd end up neglecting other characters which could upset the fans.

at least with a tv series, you can neglect a character for a few episodes, give them a few lines here and there and have them appear in the background, and although its not something you want your fave character to go through, the PTBs can easily turn around and give them an episode with them as the centre of attention, but as a movie, you can't really make up for that.

i'd rather stick with tv crossovers, at least that way you can come up with more bizarre crossovers that wouldn't make much sense in a movie, like the Teal'c and the aliens characters on Atlantis getting together, or a dimensional mirror in Pegasus leads to a mix of the SG1 and the Atlantis team coming to our dimension, or evil versions (which would be to star trek but you get the idea)
                Last edited by SaberBlade; 01 August 2005, 08:28 AM. Reason: forgot the word atantis

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by acended phoenix
                  could the third season of atlantis and the tenth season of sg-1 have more cross-overs. and could the movie be a combinding of both sg-1 and atlantis?
                  erm.........i have a feeling that SGA season is shorter than an AG season.................if so then they should have it as:
                  1 SG season = 2SGA

ah buts its just me, i just hope that there will be still crossovers

Heru'ur is a God, he will rise and take revenge

Comment

I´d love to see them do a serious cross-over were some off SG-1 come over to Atlantis.

Cross-overs are fun and when it´s a cross-over between two great shows like this that have a thight connection to begin with it should be simple and easy to do it. They propably will save doing this until they feel that Atlantis is fully established and so it won´t be until the next seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd
                      I´d love to see them do a serious cross-over were some off SG-1 come over to Atlantis.
                      they should make a big 3 parter episode!

Heru'ur is a God, he will rise and take revenge

Comment

Originally posted by Heru'urs_first_prime
                        they should make a big 3 parter episode!
                        Even just having one character cross-over into the other series would be interesting...and incidentially I define that as a major cross-over.

In my book, one major character crossing-over = MAJOR CROSS-OVER.

But, hey...that's just me.

Sam and Walter in Letters from Pegaseus...cameo appearance.

Novak in The Siege III...minor cross-over.

Jack and Daniel seeing the Atlantis expedition off in The Rising I...major cross-over.

Atlantis Season 2
                        Spoiler:

It's rumored that Sam will appear in Grace Under Pressure.

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s2/2x9.shtml

Comment

Yes she will
                          love Torri

Comment

Why not a Crossover Between Stargate SG-1 and Stargate the Movie. Why not for the 200th episode, mmm.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                              Why not a Crossover Between Stargate SG-1 and Stargate the Movie. Why not for the 200th episode, mmm.
                              Too many inconsistencies.

That would work about as well as a cross-over with Stargate the Animated Series.

Comment

Working...
                              X