This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A note about Colonel Tigh

I agree that in our context what he and Adama did (and in Tigh's case doing) is reprehensible in our context but what is the right thing to do in that situation?

I mean the fate of Humanity is dependent more on the Military then it is on the Civilian Government.

And History demonstrates that politicians can really foul things up. I mean think about it? Roslin ordered the Galactica's best pilot to go back to Caprica on a virtual suicide mission. And now Starbuck is on the run on Caprica instead of on the Galactica where she's desperately needed.

So I can see how Tigh and Adama would react the way they have.

Personally i don't see any right answer here. Good arguments could be made supporting both sides of this!

Yeah, about Starbuck- Tigh even mentioned her, saying something along the lines of "Roslin caused us to lose a critical military asset." So you can tell that that's one reason he did what he did.

http://bsgmedia.org/

Comment

"Personally i don't see any right answer here. Good arguments could be made supporting both sides of this"

That's what's so great about BSG. Just as in real life, there are very few things that are black or white. Everything is a shade of grey and always debatable. Was Baltar right or wrong, or Crashdown, or Cally. Arguments can be made on both sides of just about everything that has happened. Just as I believe I feel one way about something, I read someone else's opinion that is completely opposite which makes me question my original beliefs, and often ends up changing my mind. This show is pure "head-food" and I can't eat enough of it.

Comment

Originally posted by microzstar
        Yeah, about Starbuck- Tigh even mentioned her, saying something along the lines of "Roslin caused us to lose a critical military asset." So you can tell that that's one reason he did what he did.
        Well its questionable as to whether Tigh was referring to Starbuck or the captured Cylon Raider and transponder. I tend to think he was referring to the latter.

Comment

On the Tigh front, I was watching an episode of First Wave tonight on SCIFI and he was in it. I believe it was called Normal Illinois.

Did he have a major role on this?

This is the first time I've seen the actor in anything besides BSG.

The mayor from Everwood was also in this episode.

Comment

Personally I think Tigh knows deep down that the Galactica can't do without Starbuch. H

He doesn't like her but he's not stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Seven
              On the Tigh front, I was watching an episode of First Wave tonight on SCIFI and he was in it. I believe it was called Normal Illinois.

Did he have a major role on this?

This is the first time I've seen the actor in anything besides BSG.
              I caught him in an episode of Andromeda, playing some old meandering crook who acted like he was (and he might have been) drunk. ["The Leper's Kiss" (episode # 3.7) 11 November 2002] It was rather wierd seeing him play a whacked out character like that. He was being really silly and it was rather off-setting to watch.

http://bsgmedia.org/

Comment

I think that Tigh is a rather interesting character. He wears his weakness on his sleeve, his drinking and his wife. He doesnt pretend to be something he isnt. He knows he is second best to Adama and means to stay that way. Its intersting how he seems to be one of the few people on the series that is that simplistic. I guess I like his straight forward, this is how I am attitude. The decision he made was harsh, sure, but it was exactly the one the Cylons knew he would make. He is a military man, not a diplomat. If Boomer wanted to kill Adama, she would have shot him in the head. It was meant to wound him badly. If it was a flesh wound, it would have been suspicious. To follow this show one should be familiar with Dune, the book not the shows. Feign withen feign withen feign. Its all an elaborate plot that the Cylons have been working up over fifty years. It will take everything the Galactica crew has to survive. I admire the writers for their willingness to take terrorism and simply write a sci fi show about it. Think about the Cylons. They are religous wack jobs with no reguard for their own lives, willing to kill and be killed with no reguard for themselves or others. Sound a little familiar? The difference is, these wack jobs wont break down and cry for mercy when they get caught.
                BSG is really almost a combination of Pearl Harbor and 9-11 rolled into one. I just hope reality can have as much chance at a happy ending.

tabbicat

Comment

Tigh was just manipulated by his wife so he could gain power and since she controls him, well you see where i m going with this, tigh is just a drunken jerk
                  My Blog - - Raise The Fist

Comment

Working...
                  X