No announcement yet.

Urgo (316)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you..... the penny finally dropped.

Comment

Hm...despite not agreeing with you on other stuff (like "Rambo"-Langford in the "Stargate - Origins" topic), I agree with the suggestion (Swan Lake is beautiful, even if you aren't a fan of ballet, which I am normally not!)

As for the Episode: Just reached it in my re-watch (I jump episodes I remember too well, like "Pretense" or "Seth" and episodes I don't like much like "Learning Curve" (remember enough about it to not need to watch it)) and I've asked myself if the "Urgo-Device" couldn't have been used as a sophisticated SPY-DEVICE (!) because that's essentially what it has been doing before malfunctioning after all...

I'd love to see that thing implanted into some Lucian Alliance members or even Wraith (Have a cloaked Tel'tak or Alkesh in orbit for the thing to report to periodically!)

greetings LAX
      ps: Not to mention that linking teams like that could have them communication wordlessly (ESP-Like!)...that would be a major tactical advantage!
      Last edited by Laxian of Earth; 30 January 2018, 07:43 AM.

Comment

I don't recall whether I liked this episode a lot more on any of my previous watches, but I didn't laugh as much as I thought I would. Yes, Urgo is a funny character and Dom DeLuise was a marvelous choice to play him, but I wasn't as taken with it this time round like I thought I would be, knowing it's a funny episode.

I don't know why really.

Anyway, SG-1 gets lured to a beautiful place (like Tahiti is a beautiful place -- if you've never seen Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. you'll be lost on the meaning, I'm sorry for that) and without their knowledge get implanted with a device which is supposed to register experiences and learn about the people and the planet its on, but instead the AI manifests itself and starts interacting with the team on different levels -- which leads to a handful of peculiar situations such as Teal'c drinking straight from the coffee can, all desserts getting appropriately tasted, SG-1 singing row row row your boat, and of course them talking to something no one else can see.

General Hammond and Doctor Fraiser are by far the most hilarious in this when they try to determine whether SG-1 hasn't really lost their marbles this time.

In the end, though, everybody wins. SG-1 can get back to their usual business. Urgo gets to stay alive, and Torgar gets to experience new things -- at least, that's what we're all hoping for cause man... he's boring.

How would you rate SG-1's "Urgo?"

Excellent
        Good
        Fair
        Poor
        Terrible
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I'm very fond of this episode (which I'm pretty sure means Jelgate hates it), but I've never considered it laugh-out-loud funny.

To me, one of the most humorous parts is Jack saying he can't/doesn't sing when RDA, in his youth, sang in a band (and played Adam on Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, a musical series).

Seaboe
          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
            I'm very fond of this episode (which I'm pretty sure means Jelgate hates it), but I've never considered it laugh-out-loud funny.
            I don't know, maybe I found it more humorous when I was younger.

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
            To me, one of the most humorous parts is Jack saying he can't/doesn't sing when RDA, in his youth, sang in a band (and played Adam on Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, a musical series).
            LOL!! I didn't know but now it is indeed a lot more funny.

Comment

Well, Friday has come and therefor time to get on with business... dropping the 3-episode quiz and the jigsaw puzzle (my times are snailmail slow).

The Quiz: Urgo, A Hundred Days & Shades Of Grey
              The Jigsaw: Urgo

My time: 09:57

Comment

This is probably my most hated episode. I detest him with every fiber of my being. He is not funny or interesting to me. Just plain annoying who does nothing by jeopardizes SG1. I'm calling Beyond Terrible. That's right FH. I created a ranking for this episode
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Hey, I'm not stopping you...

Comment

Another close one FH. I don't know if you are getting better or I am getting rusty
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      Another close one FH. I don't know if you are getting better or I am getting rusty
                      Let's put it this way, I might be getting less rustier.

Comment

I saw all the greys on the puzzle, and decided to pass this one up. Besides, I have time to watch another episode.

I loved watching this episode! And I did laugh out loud. It was fun seeing SG1 reacting to Urgo, and singing Row, Row, Row Your Boat. Also loved seeing Dom De'Luis as Urgo.
                        Last edited by BethHG; 25 June 2018, 12:30 PM.

Comment

3x16 Urgo
                          1.The footage from the MALP doesn’t show that hidden chamber what Carter discovered later.
                          http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/3x16/04.jpg
                          http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/3x16/05.jpg

2.The arriving scene was reused from 2x21 1969.
                          http://csillagkapu.hu/kep.php?kep=ht...ba/3x16/02.jpg
                          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

19:04 for the puzzle. I was half listening to my husband and had to make the proper responses to what he was saying.

Comment

Originally posted by BethHG View Post
                              19:04 for the puzzle. I was half listening to my husband and had to make the proper responses to what he was saying.
                              Multitasking -- even women are horrible at it. Or at least, some of us are.

Comment

Originally posted by falcon horus View Post
                                multitasking -- even women are horrible at it. Or at least, some of us are.
                                . It can be difficult.

Comment

Working...
                                X