• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urgo (316)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON THREE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 316

SG-1 receives alien brain implants that manifest themselves as a bizarre man, who tells them that they would not survive the procedure to remove him.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 06 February 2021, 09:50 PM.

What!?!? No comments on Urgo? I know some of you hate him but others love him.

Personally, I loved this episode. I think Dom DeLuise is hilarious and his performace here was classic. I also really enjoyed the idea of having this alien device implanted in your brain. To some degree I think it would be really cool but I'm sure it would eventually get annoying.

So what do you think?
    "Maktal shree! Loc'tak. Mek'ta satak Oz! Moktal Oz. Moktal Oz, Kree!" - Daniel Jackson

"So, you want to be my Oma?" - Jack O'Neill

Comment

I enjoyed Urgo a lot, but it's not one I can put on over and over again, like say... WoO
      ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
      The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Not a bad show, but not one of my favorites. Never really got into Dom DeLuise as an alien.
        The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

This was a great episode. I loved the bit with Teal'c and the paddles in the Infirmary.....makes me laugh every time. Ooh, and the bit where they're all singing! Hearing Teal'c sing cracks me up!
          "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

Yeah, but what was with RDA's weak rendition of Row, Row, Row Your Boat? Is he tone deaf, or what?
            Fitness Buddies

Comment

Urgo was great. Just the way that it was being acted by Dom. Row, row, row your boat was also very funny
              __

__

Comment

I think the exchange between O'Neill, Teal'c and Jackson when viewing the initial MALP playback was very good. That whole "Appearances may be deceiving." bit..
                The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Did anyone else catch Peter DeLuise in this one?

Well, at least I think it's him. He pops in when Urgo changes into the AF officer to be more appealing Carter.

Comment

This was an ep. I have grown less fond of, as time has passed. I thought it was an absolute scream the first time I watched it, but I'm not so enamoured now. I can't explain why, though.
                    sigpic

Comment

I love this ep. I especially love the scene where Sam is walking down the corridoor followed by Janet and Hammond.

"Urgo that's rude!"

One of the few times we get to see Amanda's comedic talents and its lovely.
                      Oh honey. You say potato, I say vodka!

http://neuralgianostalgia.blogspot.com/

Comment

This episode ranks right up there... or right down there with the two Star Trek TOS episodes with Harry Mudd for me.

I thought it was funny the first time but now it just takes up space on of my DVDs.

It is not one I would like to watch over and over again.

Chas
                        Keeper of the Blue Crystal.

Comment

Urgo is one of my most favorite episodes by far! Besides 1969- but it's so funny! That's were I got my signature from. Well written too! Dom Deliuse was perfect I believe.
                          Jack: (describing Urgo) It's a machine!
                          Urgo: That hurts!

I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe, and I wanna eat pie.
                          Jack: Hey, who doesn't?

Urgo: They're gonna kill you! They're gonna open your heads with giant can openers and then they scoop me out with a big scoopy thing... (starts crying)

Comment

It's was OK, I could see how It was supposed to funny but i don't think it had the comic timing and juts came off as weak attempt at humour.
                            sigpic
                            Banner By JME2

Comment

Ahhh... one of my faves now... that was Peter DeLuise? Oooh makes sense, Dom is a fortunate man to have such talented offspring! Hahaha... he was comedy gold on this, I missed watching him on Candid Camera and there's a good connection too!

I liked the whole theme of Urgo wanting to live vicariously and experience all the senses... that part with all the food was AWESOME
                              Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                              more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Working...
                              X