Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Urgo (316)

Default Re: Urgo (316)

Row row row your boat gently down the stream, merely merely merely merely life is but a dream.
    Row row row your boat gently down the stream, merely merely merely merely life is but a dream.

Il have to get a clip of that, hummm

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

I didn't like this episode. The first time I saw it, I thought it had potential, but it went nowhere. I gave it another shot, but didn't find anything good about it except that Daniel has Sha're's picture on his desk.

Another episode with a Deluise in it? Wow, I'm shocked.

Second Lieutenant GuardianKentel's Avatar
    Never Never Land, With Mary Poppins and all the other good guys!

OMG I love the Episode... Its my fav... I laugh so hard everytime I see it!

Probie

One of my favorite episodes. It was amazing. I can watch this episode over and over and still laugh at the same lines. "Me or death, death or me".
    Dom DeLuise was brilliant, and overall it was just great. There are so many momemts that make you just want to break out laughing.

Jemts

This one has grown on me. Urgo is so annoying--but the team's reactions are great!

I find that episodes like this pop up from time to time - there are montage eps for the sole purpose of recapping (seemingly), and then these little one-off popcorn episodes. I like it as such.

"He didn't mean to."
    "... it was not his intention."

What a fab episode this is. My kids are making me say this is their favourite one. Quite bizarrely, I think they would quite like an Urgo of their own
    Yes very funny......

I thought this ep was hilarious. Urgo kept making crack up throught the whole ep.

I love this episode it rules everyone for pure comic value . Ecpecially with Urgo when He says' I want to see the world and eat pie.' or 'I can be Dull What a nice shade of grey , lets watch golf on television.' 1000000/10
    Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

I recently watched Dom DeLuise's appearance in the Muppet Show...it was way back in 1977...and it was as hilarious as his Urgo character.

It included a song he performed with 'alien' puppets, quickly changing into a mad version of whack-a-mole and Dom stuffing an apple into Miss Piggy's mouth - "it looks more natural".

Just wanted to share this. I enjoy Dom DeLuise every time I see him.
    "Me me me me me me me."

Equally great the Wizard of Oz reference he delivers: "I'm melting, I'm melting. Oh, what a world."

I thought this episode was halarious--and I have to say, the row, row, row your boat thing was just too funny. The way all the characters reacted to Urgo was great--especially when we found out Sam liked Urgo because he reminded her of her uncle. hehehe Wish I had an uncle like that...but just not in my head.

Well this episode was just on Sky today and I just thought I would come back and say that I forget how much I like this episode. I know he is found annoying by many people and by goodness he is. But its the team's reactions to him that make this ep so funny. Poor Teal'c gets quite picked on, the bit where he gulps down the scalding coffee is spot on. When Sam is nearing a solution to getting rid of Urgo and he is distracting her is great - when he makes her spill the coffee on herself I really have found that no matter how many times I have seen this episode I still laugh as loudly - and I have to say so did the kids.

I tend to think 'Oh, that one' when it comes to Urgo, but every single time it's on I can't help but laugh.

Especially at 'Urgo, that was rude!'.

Urgo is great especially when he's sitting there singing me me me me me me (and so on) and the bit when Urgo makes that funny noise (mmmmmrrrrr) and she spills her cup of hot coffee over herself.

Your all great for liking Urgo!!!

This episode was great, especialy the row row your boat and Urgo making the team look crazy. Urgo was great. My sister didn't like him so much but I bet she could learn from having Urgo in her head
    Yo no sé.

Chief Master Sergeant fan of jack's Avatar

I love this episode...dom deluise was excellant in this.
    i want to know how everyone managed to keep a straight face while he was messing around coz i was in stitches!!
    SAM & JACK 4EVER!!

This is another cracking episode and one that definitely resides in the 'Chaka's Mum's Faves' collection.

I'm not in the least surprised that Urgo drives some people up the wall - it appears to be his raison d'etre really!

*sits at briefing table*

"Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me.
    Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me, Me.
    Etc. etc."

And that moment when he decides that they're going to play hide and seek - covers eyes and counts in a long monotone drone:

"OOOONNNNEEE, TWWWWWOOOO, TTHHHREEEEE...."

Who wouldn't want to smack him in the gob for that? I know I would.

Great fun from start to finish - loved Pete's small cameo as well!

I really didn't like this ep all that much *dodges flying objects* . Urgo was just TOO annoying for me. I know that was the point, and I did find SG1's reactions amusing, but Urgo's annoyingness overwhelmed everything for me. I have a very short fuse when it comes to annoying characters.

I did find the idea of the brain implant/shared hallucination and this way of exploring the world very interesting, however. It's a shame that we didn't get to share some tech with the creator dude (what a surprise, eh?).

As for comedic moments, I thought Sam, Teal'c, and Hammond were all particularily funny in this episode, so their lines were the highlights for me.

Hey, I'm not gonna throw nutt'n' at yer. Urgo is (insert appropriate expletive here) annoying. He's like someone's little kid brother who just won't stop clamouring for attention when you go round to their house for tea.

In my case, Urgo was amusing (just about) - whereas other annoying characters (not on Stargate - other programmes) make me switch off even as the opening titles roll.

But, as you said, despite having to put up with his sheer irritating-ness, Urgo's a great foil for the other characters and they get the opportunity to come up with some classic moments - such as the already quoted 'Urgo, that was rude!'. Janet Frasier having to address empty air - and then be redirected to the right bit of empty air was also a nice touch.

As for the misery he was inflicting on SG1. That irritation was so beautifully demonstrated by Jack in the Briefing Room when he yelled at Urgo to shut up and stop singing 'Me, Me, Me, Me...'.

What a pity he was forced to address that to empty air - no wonder Hammond's jaw was on the floor.

I think it was great. they needed a little humor. so many bad things happened to them that i think they needed a little break from the drama. i love how sam is talking to urgo but it looks like she's talking to the air.

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast