This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catch phrases

I know it's only been three episodes, but it seems to me that "That's what I'm talkin' about!" is going to be for Mitchell what "For cryin' out loud" was for Jack. It could be better, but I think I like it. I have a feeling we're going to be hearing many that's what I'm talkin' abouts in the next few years.

But I do look forward to hearing Mitchell let slip a For cryin' out loud, so we can see the looks on the faces of Sam, Teal'c and Daniel.

I dont see Mitchell doing the for cryin out loud thing, thats not a southern expression usually more northern. I can see Sam slipping one in here and there to give the Shippers a bone. It is after all a bit better then Holy Hanna.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I'm not sure the "That's what I'm talking about!" line will hold up for a few years. It's a line that shows that he's excited to be with SG-1 and that something new happened that validated his excitement and why he wants to be with this particular team. I think that once he does get this team together for real [instead of just SG-me] and he gets a few missions under his belt, that kind of wide-eyed-wonder statement will fade away.

Comment

Mitchell's "for cryin' out loud" seems to be "oh, come on." He says it when the ceiling starts coming down in "Avalon I" and again after he beats the knight and collapses in "Avalon II." I like that one better than "that's what I'm talkin' about!" The latter sounds too scripted, whereas the former is something I think a lot of us would say if we were faced with these same situations. In my case, anyway, it's just something that slips out a lot when I'm exasperated.

One thing I'm NOT looking forward to Mitchell spouting off more often is the phrase "I reckon." Oh, how I absolutely HATE that phrase.
        Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
        Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
        Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
        Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

Mictchell & FCOL - Sounds awesome to me
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

Knowing Ben Browder, Mitchell won't have a catchphrase, he'll have a whole encyclopedia of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
              Knowing Ben Browder, Mitchell won't have a catchphrase, he'll have a whole encyclopedia of them.
              Totally with you on that one. It's one of the many things I like about BB.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
                HaHa! Excellent point!!!

Comment

Working...
                X