Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best episode for 7/29/05, SG1 or Atlantis?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best episode for 7/29/05, SG1 or Atlantis?

I am going with "Runner," Atlantis. SG1 "Origin" was a bit too over the top for me.

"Origin" is one of the best Sg-1 episodes IMO! It's brill!

Comment

This is interesting question.
      Origin on its own wasnt that great but as the third part to a 3 parter it was really good.
      Runner introduced a cool new character in a really good way plus gave us more on the Ford storyline which is shaping up really cool but they Mckay characterisation is starting to make me sad and sort of left a bad taste in my mouth for the ep (he was better with Ford but bad at the beginning and bad when running away from Ford).

So I say they were Tied? maybe, maybe I liked runner a little more? Maybe not... Maybe I need to break out my tape and watch them 3-4 more times with fresh eyes and then come back and vote.
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I'd say Origin... but I really enjoyed "Runner" : I like the Ford storyline, and the new character they introduced seems interesting.

My, SG1 S9 and Atlantis S2 do seem promising !!!!

Comment

Definately Origin

SGA was best for episode 1 but SG1 has been better in eps 2 and 3
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

Stargate SG-1's "Origin" I felt was the better episode last night. I really thought it was excellent all around.

Atlantis's "Runner" was good as well, and it was better than last week's episode. Ronan Dex looks like he'll be a good addition to the team.

So far it goes like this:
            First Week: Atlantis > SG-1.
            Second Week: SG-1 > Atlantis.
            Third Week: SG-1 > Atlantis.

Comment

It's a tie for me. I loved "Origin" but "Runner" was really good too.

Comment

Definitely "Origin".

Comment

Origin for me. It delivered in ways that I don't think 'Runner' ever could have.
                  Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

None of the three parts of the "SG1" season premiere have really captured my interest or impressed me. So, even though "Runner" had some flaws ("Siege III" and "Intruder" were both far more consistently entertaining, I think.), I still liked it better than "Origin."
                    "Just smile and wave, boys...Just smile and wave."

Comment

Hmmm--if I have to rate them:

1. Origin (just edged out Avalon, Part 2 for the best)
                      2. Avalon, Part 2
                      3. Siege, Part 3
                      4. Intruder
                      5. Runner
                      6. Avalon, Part 1

Just my small, humble opinion.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

This is a little like comparing apples and oranges, since the shows are so completely different from each other.

I liked the edge of your seat action in Runner, but I felt that dramatically speaking, Origin was a much stronger episode overall. Runner was all about introducing a single new character. Origin was setting up an entirely new species (for lack of a better word for Orii).

Comment

Runner, hands down.

The action in Runner, coupled with the introduction of an interesting new character and the return of Ford made that ep. Great music (esp when the PJ was landing in the beginning) and great camera shots.

Origins was...bland. I know we introduced the new bad guy here, but they didn't do a thing for me. Cam was too much, Vala was okay but I'm not going to miss her when she leaves, Sam was absent, and Jack's scenes were horrid.

Are we not also comparing BSG this time? Because I think the BSG ep, especially the sneaky ending with the pres, beat out both SGs.

Comment

I liked them both.
                            "I was just looking at the sky, Trying to figure out how many stars we'd actually been to."

Comment

Origin much better. It finished the arc and exposes a new threat. Runner was good but Mckay was out of character and definitely over the top. While with Origin Daniel and crew were right on and I found it much more dramatically satisfying

Comment

Working...
                              X