Ronon's gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lida
    Aw, come on, we all know where Ronon got his gun......from the prop department. Sorry, I had to say it. Mea culpa, mea culpa.......
    Hahhahaa!! Too true... that is one of the coolest props I've seen....well next to the different knives he had..their pretty hot too!
    VB
    Click statement above to read article.

Comment

the rifle that we see in one of ronans flashbacks looks like the genii rifles so that cud mean that Sateda was part of the Genii Confederation and when they got seperated the Satedans developed new tech like ronans gun

Adamus

Comment

or maybe the wraith developed it but it was useless to them because it damaged their food so they gave it to the runners to make the chase more interesting if they could defens themselves

Adamus

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
          What I don't understand is that his people used the guns of the Geni ??? It is explained in the episode Runner. It was in a flashback. And he woar also a strange kind of costume but his hand gun looks totally different than the one he had in the flashback
          maybe ronon's people traded with the genii or raided a genii underground fortress and stole the weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by generaloneill
            maybe ronon's people traded with the genii or raided a genii underground fortress and stole the weapons.
            not very plausible because the genni weapons are projectile, when the wraith first attacked 10,000 years ago lots of the civilizations were very advanced, the athosians had that city, and cool fire thing. dorandans had that awesome cannon, i think he went to a ruin and found it and kept it.
            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

So he found some random, really old gun just sitting somewhere, picked it up and it worked? That makes no sense at all.
              I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

hmmmmmmm he was satedan military...

when i think about it.... he was captured by the wraith so he would have been stripped of his weapons. then they made him a runner. maybe the wraith gave him the weapon so he's more fun game? i still like to think that his gun's satedan but hmmm how the heck did he get his gun? all this time posting in this thread and it never hit me

he only went to a village once
                Spoiler:
                and we'll see that in sateda
                so how else could he have gotten his gun? unless he hid it on him like he did with all the cool knives

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran
                  not very plausible because the genni weapons are projectile, when the wraith first attacked 10,000 years ago lots of the civilizations were very advanced, the athosians had that city, and cool fire thing. dorandans had that awesome cannon, i think he went to a ruin and found it and kept it.
                  the genii often steal from other races when the need arises maybe that's how they came into possession of ronon's gun and one day ronon came across one of their weapons warehouses knocked out all the guards and went through the boxes and found the gun.

Comment

Originally posted by jsw
                    anyone else curious as to how he go it the weapon is pretty advanced. when they show flashbacks of his time on sateda the weapons were on par with the geni. I would love to know where ronan got that gun that kill's wraith so easily
                    I suspect he got it at "S-Mart," yes, that massive box store that once took up lots of space and drove the smaller military supply stores out of business, on Sateda. S-mart, similar to Walmart, sold these weapons by the gross, but alas, when the Wraith came, all the S-marts got obliterated (along with the factories that made them), so, that's it for getting more weapons like Ronon carries.

Comment

well cmon sg1 perserved video camera 5 thousand years in a vacume sealed canopic jar. he could have stumbled on a advanced ruin where it hasnt been touched in a while. or he could have traded with explorers, or could have killed one.
                      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran
                        I agree.

Some people say its impossible for him to just find a really old gun lying around that still works.
                        By that Logic nothing in Atlantis would work -its Millions of years old
                        sigpic

Comment

ca someone help me get some high quality pictures of ronon's gun because i have looked up and down on the internet with no luck. it's getting annoying at this point because a friend of mine who builds things as a hobby said he would build one for me if i could get some pics of it for him. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

There's a small pic on the Gateworld Omnipedia. Just type "Ronon" and "gun" into the searchbar. Don't know if it'll help, but it's pretty clear.

Comment

Here is the best that I can do....most of them come from screen caps of Runner, but the last one is a back view, which came from The Long Goodbye.

Hope that helps. You can see a pretty good outline in the first three, felt the last one to get the back view....I don't have the other side view, couldn't find one.
                              Click statement above to read article.

Comment

this from the Omnipedia. Good view of one side.
                                Oh, believe me its not the first time we tried it
                                I shot him...

in the leg...
                                I'm invulnerable!
                                Spoiler:
                                Life, liberty, and the pursuit of those who threaten.
                                http://www.aviationexplorer.com/airc...ft_carrier.jpgUSN

Comment

Working...
                                X