• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretense (315)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON THREE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 315

The Tollan put Skaara and Klorel on trial to determine who will control the host body.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 06 February 2021, 10:12 PM.

Well, this is an interesting episode, if not a little annoying.

I 've got a real problem with the Tollan. They seem too stuck up even for a people who's last planet was destoryed because they shared technology. I'd think that they'd be able to see that there wouldn't be much harm in sharing some medical knowledge or some other type of benign social technology. After all, a lot inventions and technological innovations are derrived from existing technology that seemingly has no connection.

That's not really my problem with this episode, though. Skaara is my problem. I just don't like the way the actor portrays this character. He seems very whiney...

Comment

Damn straight. I mean, what's he got to complain about?

So his sister was kidnapped, possessed and forcibly married to an alien warlord; his mind was raped and his will stolen by an inhuman force, driving him to try and destroy everyone he knew and cared for; his body had been used to commit numberless atrocities and his mind subjected to the memories of millennia of slaughter. Who hasn't had days like that?
      Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
      - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

I just meant that the actor played him as something of a wuss.

Everything about the character is much more robust in Full Circle.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer359
          Everything about the character is much more robust in Full Circle.
          Well, that's therapy for you. I mean, come on; what do you expect him to do? Laugh it off.

Comment

A good episode, but it got a bit dull after about the first half hour. Good to see that Korell/Skarra was involved though
            __

__

Comment

I liked this episode, of course the Tollan were a bit annoying. What is it with those people anyways?! But, it was nice to see them finally get that snake out of Skarra.
              "Out of the way it's a busy day, I've got things on my mind." --Pink Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                Well, that's therapy for you. I mean, come on; what do you expect him to do? Laugh it off.
                Of course not. But even his voice is different. It's just a much better characterization.

Skarra had a certain composure every other time we'd seen him. He had it in combat with O'neill on Abydos and while a prisoner of Apophis on Chulak. In this episode, however, the character comes off as whiney where before he came off as somewhat steadfast in the face of mortal danger.

Maybe its just an acting fluke; maybe it can be attributed to the device the character wore in the episode; but I just don't like the way Skarra was played in "Pretebse."

Comment

But how would you feel? Yes, we know he can stand up to mortal danger, but this isn't danger. He's seen himself do horrible, terrible things; blast Daniel, maybe order the death of whole races. Physical courage is one thing, but it's another kettle of fish to expect him to be unaffected by being the unwilling destroyer of a thousand lives.

Comment

I was a bit confused about Koreel and Zipicarna.
                    Korel line about i'll make you pay for waht you did to my father.And the fact Zippy "was" Apophisis servant.

Do Zippy and Kotrell now Apophisis has taken control of Sokar's forces?

Was Zippy sent by Apophisis to get his son back? Or was he there at that the order of the system lords? Or was he doing on his own? To get an ally and an aide to greater power?
                    sigpic
                    Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
                      I was a bit confused about Koreel and Zipicarna.
                      Korel line about i'll make you pay for waht you did to my father.And the fact Zippy "was" Apophisis servant.

Do Zippy and Kotrell now Apophisis has taken control of Sokar's forces?

Was Zippy sent by Apophisis to get his son back? Or was he there at that the order of the system lords? Or was he doing on his own? To get an ally and an aide to greater power?
                      I was wondering the samething, maybe he just happen to be in the area...
                      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Zipacna was serving Klorel at the time, and presumably Apophis had not yet made his return known. The fact that he is still alive seems to be news to everyone in Maternal Instinct.

Comment

Good to see that Apophis returned though
                          __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                            Good to see that Apophis returned though
                            Yah me too
                            Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Ok, littlemigueljr, you keep replying to too many threads and I can't keep up with them all! lol
                              __

__

Comment

Working...
                              X