No announcement yet.

Pretense (315)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also loved Zippy.. Always liked that actor!

Comment

Not bad. A bit of a police procedural feel to it, though.
      sigpic

Comment

The Tollans appear very arrogant and the Nox very superior and smart - Zippy is an arrogant *******.
        CARPE DIEM
        ANJA

Comment

Zippy was fun.
          Too bad they didn't use him more.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Yes, he was, but in an annoying way (for me) - but fun.
            CARPE DIEM
            ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              Zippy was fun.
              Too bad they didn't use him more.
              He had 3 whole episodes.. This, Last stand and Summit.. I agree the actor deserved more..

Comment

So, this is the one where Skaa'ra is freed from Klorel, and goes back to Abydos a free man. Also, the one where we meet the Tollan again, who haven't lost their cocky attitude towards thinking they are invincible and cannot be harmed or destroyed by the Goa'uld, and there's Lya of the Nox, looking every so fairy like.

We begin with a brilliant showcasing of superious technology blowing 2 motherships out of the sky, and Skaa'ra/Klorel crashlanding on Tollana. Next thing we know, there's Schroedinger walking through the iris -- and by the gods, was that cat overweight -- followed by Narim who informs them of the Tria(l)d.

They pack it up, and off to Tollana, where Colonel O'Neill is convinced they're going to win this case -- it'll be a walk in the park (an accident waiting to happen), until Lord Zipacna (still a favorite of mine) shows up and well... there goes our walk in the park. Goa'uld, you just can't trust them to keep their end of the bargain when it comes to being the losing side. Although, not even on the winning side they would keep their end, probably.

Pretty need how that longrange communicator is stuck to the underside of the table.

There are two stories playing out, on the one hand we have the triad about who gets to have Skaa'ra's body, and on the other we have the Goa'uld plotting against Tollana. They weave into one another quite nicely, and while I have to say it's certainly not one of my favorite episodes, I still consider it pretty good.

The only grievance perhaps that I have with this episode, is that Skaa'ra is his old self too quickly, like he wasn't host to a Goa'uld the past 3 years of his life. There should at least be more a trauma remaining. I mean, remember Kendra. She seemed to be representing the freedom from her Goa'uld much differently than Skaa'ra here.

Oh well...

How would you rate SG-1's "Pretense?"

Excellent
                Good
                Fair
                Poor
                Terrible

Comment

It's that time of the week, where I post the 3-episode quiz and the jigsaw puzzles:

The Devil You Know, Foothold & Pretense

Pretense

And yes, the last one of this week's jigsaw puzzles wasn't any bother. It even got worse --> 11:34.

Comment

I actually watched this one weeks ago and forgot. I'm going to blame FH because of magnets. This one is actually a favorite of mine mostly because I like the Tollan. Jack annoys me when he calls them arrogant. In their position, we would not share military technology which the ion cannons definitely are. I also admit I've always liked alien trial episodes. I like seeing how the Tollan legal society functions. This episode has it all for me even if the Goa'uld attacking is a little forced. Bye forever Lyla.

It didn't seem fair to do the quizes since I did the mega version. Also my computer is non-functional at the moment. My times would double if I tried the puzzles on my phone
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      It didn't seem fair to do the quizes since I did the mega version. Also my computer is non-functional at the moment. My times would double if I tried the puzzles on my phone
                      Indeed, you did. And no, I wouldn't reccommend the puzzles on your phone.

Comment

I tried it once a long time ago. The time was pretty bad. Worse than Who knows?
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

10 minutes and 03 seconds
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Mmm... in the grand scheme of jigsaw things -- I'm only a minute slower.

Comment

18:19.
                              You two must really love me 'cos I always make you look so smart.

Never mind, come the revolution brothers...........
                              http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

I'm just grateful, I'm not the only jigsaw snail.

Comment

Working...
                                X