Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we are having a bit of a misunderstanding.

Owen Macri

Comment

i get confused i was thinking about a real hand scanner

Comment

Oh ok.

Owen Macri

Comment

How in the holy hell did this convo go from Ear pieces that the Atlantis team uses to friggen Tablet PCs?

All I want to know is who makes them.

And for the record those Tablet PC's run UNIX/Linux.

Comment

It wasn't me

Comment

Lol, several companies make them, the version that they use on Atlantis looks to be the Hewlett-Packard version, if you look at the pictures, it looks almost exact, it is removable from the base, the base looks the same. It is called a Compaq Tablet PC. IBM makes one too. it is the Thinkpad X40, instead of completley removing from its keyboard, it apears as a normal laptop, and the screen rotates 180 degrees and then closes with the screen facing away from the keyboard so it is just a screen. I would say the Thinkpad is better, but it is also more expensive. As you can see, I really like the Tablet PCs and I really want one so if anyone has money they want to give away, please e-mail me, p.m. instant message me whatever you would like! lol.

Owen Macri

Comment

You know what, this is testing my patience. I couldn't give to rats asses about the Tablet PC's. All I want to know is where do I get one of those ear pieces.
                And apparently everyone has taken the attitude of being ignorant and just completely going on a tangent about something that this thread has nothing about. Talk about rude.

Comment

Someones angry, do you plan to erase us from history?

they look like bluetooth head sets you can wrap them around your ear you keep your phone in your pocket as for where to get them do you have anything like argos in the states

Comment

Originally posted by Loaf
                    Someones angry, do you plan to erase us from history?

they look like bluetooth head sets you can wrap them around your ear you keep your phone in your pocket as for where to get them do you have anything like argos in the states
                    Well, look at it from my perspective, I asked a question about a communication accessory and it completly goes off in another direction with out even a hint of who makes it or if it is the radio.
                    And it isn't anger, it is frusteration and annoyance.

Perhaps I may be wrong in doing it, but it was just frusteration and seriously off topic.

Comment

Not to mention that Owen has started his own topic about Tablet PC.

Comment

Oh I appoligize, I was under the impression that you had already the question answered. Really, I appoligize. As for the radios, yes, they are very cool. If I could get one I would, I think they should be easy to get, they look like they are Bluetooth. But they may just be some other kind of wireless. (Infrared, etc.)

Owen Macri

Comment

Are we still going to be erased from history

Comment

1. Earpieces probably don't work. They're just there lol. Like how can they just switch to talking to another person by pressing their ear and how can Wier just talk to all of Atlantis by just touching her ear?

2. The life scanners are probably Palm Pilots

3. The laptops are probably not all Tablet PC's because i've seen them just fold up and I don't see them the rotating thingie. Also I'm not sure how they can have detachable screens unless they are like they touchable screens where you don't really need a keyboard.
                            Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

This is the closest thing I can find to them on Amazon for sale. Sorry the pics a bit blurry but it's not mine.

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P...2.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The Page:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...804190-1128622

Comment

I am sure they are just standard headsets, possibly Bluetooth, maybe with a few upgrades. As for pushing the button to talk to certain people, I think they just push the button to activate the microphone, then it broadcasts to everyone but they only see the one person listening, this is how it works in the military, many people all on one frequency, but only those applicable to the situation currently at hand we respond.

Owen Macri

Comment

Working...
                                X