Foothold (314)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anja View Post
    Nice ep, creepy aliens and a good O'Neill picking that device from the Alien-Janet!
    Much action, could have been a two - parter.
    It should have been. Especially would have loved to see us going AFTER them to stop a 2nd attempt.

Comment

Great episode with some of the ugliest aliens. Jack punching the alien Dr. Fraiser.....yea, it was weird for me too...lol.
      sigpic

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."
      ~ Supreme Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious

Comment

It's the Pi episode of Stargate SG-1 -- 314 ... 3,14 ... Pi .... get it?

Properly entertained by this episode. An alien invasion with proper aliens, as in they don't look human, but proper weird-looking aliens who mumble and grumble for speech. The way they decide on a new homeworld needs some work, but ah well... better luck next time.

Maybourne being an idiot every day of the week, except when he credits Carter for the happy ending. I do wonder who threatened him with what for him to actually say that. I mean, he didn't believe her word over that of General Hammond (he took that one at face value, didn't he) when she told him there was a foothold situation.

It was nice to see Major Davis again. He's always a joy to watch. And he and O'Neill dealing with Fraiser's evil twin. LOL!

Pretty straightforward episode with some fun stuff, and some evildoing by the evil twins of the captured personnel. Yup, properly entertained by this one.

How would you rate SG-1's "Foothold?"

Excellent
        Good
        Fair
        Poor
        Terrible
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

If you are going to go weeks ahead, the least you could do is make more puzzles
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            If you are going to go weeks ahead, the least you could do is make more puzzles
            I'm about to.

I'm having too much free time at the moment, the quiet before the storm as it were, and not in the mood to do much else. Which is a shame cause I should have done some prop-building today. Was planning on building a handy display stand for the fantasy axe I bought from PH.

Comment

Another one of the dropped story's which makes me kind of sad. We never learn where these aliens come from or why they decided to invade. Their is so much potential. On the episode alone, it feels like the standard aliens invade so we have to stop them. The fun twist is choosing Maybourne of all people to help and the mimic devices. I'd have to be the custodian who cleans up the mess. It's a fair
              Jelgate is right

Comment

It's that time of the week, where I post the 3-episode quiz and the jigsaw puzzles:

The Devil You Know, Foothold & Pretense

Foothold

8 glorious minutes and 20 freakin' seconds until I finished it -- it's like I'm loosing jigsaw skills instead of gaining them.

Comment

15. 52, so do not feel bad, there is always somebody worse than you
                  http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                    15. 52, so do not feel bad, there is always somebody worse than you
                    Ah well... practice, practice, practice... and more practice, for both of us.

Comment

Their was almost an apocalaypse but I saved us FH with 7 minutes and 50 seconds
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

That was close though...

Comment

You have been pushing me a lot lately. I also notice your puzzles have gotten bigger with harder background
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            You have been pushing me a lot lately. I also notice your puzzles have gotten bigger with harder background
                            I'll keep that in mind, for the ones yet to come.

Comment

10:27

I really liked this episode! Maybourne helped save the day, even though he didn't listen to Sam in the beginning. I always like when Sam gets all "sciencey" and stuff-- awesome job figuring out the frequency.

Major Davis and O'Neill meeting each other for the first time, and working as a team to overcome the aliens was fantastic!

Poor Junior being poked and prodded.

These aliens were so very alien, too bad they were never seen again.

Comment

3x14 Foothold
                                Teal’c has shot a guard who was a mimicri alien. So why has the original SGC guard not weaken up?
                                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                                X