No announcement yet.

The Intruder (202)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved Hermiod, and Mckay as always, the F-302 fighting was amazing, the flashbacks of the team on Earth, fabulous, especially when Dr. Weir told General Landry, and Colonel Caldwell, that she had the support of the President, and their allies, and that they should promote Sheppard. Here we come to Sheppard, has any other person noticed that he has come up with more ideas, than in the entire first season, he is out-thinking Mckay, the guy is smart, but he isn't that intelligent, and why isn't the Asgard the one with the ideas, he should have thought of these things a hundred times, before they even constructed the idea, that's odd to me.

I too thought that they should have destroyed the F-302, after Sheppard was beamed aboard, because don't the F-302's have hyperdrive technology as well?

Comment

I found the scene with McKay looking at his friend plead for help as he dies to be very emotional, and even somewhat disturbing. I liked it. It takes great writing and actors to pull of something like that. It seems that in many episodes (The Defiant One, The Siege Part I, The Intruder) McKay helplessly witnesses good men die. David Hewlett's reactions are wonderful.

Hermiod is awesome. "Crap indeed." He and Hewlett steal the show.

It may be copying BSG, Entity, Tangent, and all that, but I loved it. Awesome episode.
      Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
      Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
      Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
      Stargate Destiny, Fan
      Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

i found atlantis a lot more fun and a lot more enjoyable that sg1

great tension, loved liz standing up for shep, loved how it wasn't the quick and easy answer

HERMIE ROCKS!!

a smart ass asgard. wonder if they dropped jack's brain into his or something

but where was novak

i miss her

my one quibble....i wish they'd get the time line figured out. it's confusing to watch two shows in the same universe that air back to back being so different in time
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

And while I know the "quiet moment" between Shep and Weir was supposed to be just a quiet moment, I know Joe and his shippy tendencies too well to have that scene sit comfortably with me. VERY convenient that Simon is no longer an obstacle.

Actually Joe has OUTRIGHT stated his character WILL NOT be shipped with anyone anytime soon if ever. And it's also been Said Weir will be too busy for romance. Too focused on Atlantis. I believe that to be true. I don't believe we'll see any REAL Canon shipping this season for Shep or anyone. Joe likes to tease.

Loved the ep.

LOVED

Sheppard and Weir having coffee. Shep couldn't sleep. He was so damn proud of making Lt. Col. I loved Weir calling him on bringing it up all the time and Shep's "You have to understand. Alot of people thought I'd never make it past Capt." And Weir's "I guess the people who matter knew better" Or how ever she put it. And the way she looked at him and John's look back I waited for him to go "You had something to do with it..didn't you?

Her flashback to her dealing with Landry and Caldwell was fabulous. GO TORRI GO WEIR. I loved it. She blew away their objections about Shep. And Caldwell is a sly *******. He knew that Shep deserves his post but he wanted it if that was all he could get. She blew him away. YES. And he no like it. Heee

Shep seeing Hermiod. "Is he supposed to be naked?" Bwah. Too funny.

Rodney needing to get used to Lt. Col. Shep. Yep..me too.
          The only blech moment. The RODNEY/LINDSTROM thing. It sounded stupid after like five times of RODNEY! LINDSTROM! I get that they were freaking but yell something out. I blame that on the writers.

I felt bad for Elizabeth with Simon and confused. In LETTERS she told him to move on, now she's mad he doesn't want to join up?

Caldwell and Shep. Notice how Caldwell kept looking at Shep. Rodney woudl be talking, Caldwell would glance over at Shep. Heee. Interesting. Definite dynamic going on there, will be cool to see how it plays out.

Hermiod snarks at Rodney. I LOVE HERMIOD!

I LOVE JOHN. He comes up with a great idea again. And then he's flying the F302. And he's stuck. His OOOKAY line. His flashback to meeting with Ford's cousin. Her asking if Ford's trust was misplaced? GOD! The look on John's face. Joe rocks. And his not hearing ELizabeth. And really..facing DEATH again. How much can he take? And he was in CIVVIES! And I love that Caldwell is AGAIN seeing the SGA team working together to save each other.

And John's line about shutting down and rebooting "I'm just saying if we're taking a page from teh John Sheppard book of computer repair..we're desperate" BWAH! I loved that. And Joe delivered the line so well.

Weir with Simon just feels off though. She told him to move on now she comes home and acts like hew as going to just come back with her? Weird. I felt sorry for her though. Simon is UGLY tough. ICK!

MCSHEP! It was lovely. LOVELY! I loved it. Muchly. Joe and DH are just so cool together. Rodney hunching down to be transported. Bwah. And Shep in and out of the 302 and sliding down the ladder. SQUEEE
          And he remembered the left 302. I forgot about it. And what a cool shot, it following them. So more SQUEEEEEEEEEEe
          Cause Rodney and Shep are gonna save the day together. SQUEEEE

The flying sequence was fantastic. iT's the one Martin Gero was gushing about. It rocked. The McShep was funny. I loved even Hermiod acknowledging what a good pilot Shep is. Heeee
          And Shep's "Want to try the stick?" And "No" Funny. And his "SORRY" to Weir at scaring her was like a reversal of SIEGE 3. I loved this ep. So much McShep.

And I loved Rodney with Beckett and peeling nose. And Shep's asking about FORD and his "Ladies" And the end with Weir was perfect and ZLINKY was there. SQUEEEE
          I LOVE THIS SHOW

As a Shep/Joe fan it's great that he's finally getting some great lines and the chance to show off how great an actor he is. Yay.

So far season 2 rocks. I've enjoyed both eps as a whole, which oft times I didn't in season one. And I get a great Shep/Joe fix.

Comment

Hermiod played free and loose with his "Indeeds." I'd be inclined to think he spent too much time with Teal'c rather than Jack.

I like Hermy. Loved McKay (natch). The bit with Shep being all weirded out by "the alien" was kinda funny, especially since it's hardly the first alien he's seen.

And yes, the timeline is a huge issue. And it will continue as long as both shows are on the air.

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
              hermiod is the funniest asgard ever!!!!!

i know he did the backward speaking thing bout3-5 times. with the last one i seen was after they tried to shutdown the system the second time.

dude who did the mp3 thing,

please do it again
              the dude who did that was "okrichie". to see the original thread just go to the similar threads and his/hers(idk) is at the top
              anyone up for some Armageddon?

Comment

whatever please do it for us again! i can imagine he's telling them all off in the long rant lol

Comment

Well there's no dignified substitute for indeed.

But actually, Hermiod is the first alien looking alien who is an ally with whom Shephard has interacted.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I haven't seen the episode yet. I'm from england *sneaky eyes* :/
                    Hermiod Translations found HERE

Comment

I will gladly create the post as soon as I can tomorrow, but that's as soon as I can make it, sorry . So someone may beat me to it, though I would like to be the one to do it

Maybe sooner rather than later.. all depends..
                      Last edited by okrichie; 22 July 2005, 08:00 PM.
                      Hermiod Translations found HERE

Comment

Brilliant episode on most counts in my opinion. Yes, it was a rehash but Atlantis is bound to have some -- most shows are bound to have them, eventually. It's only so absolutely, blatantly obvious because it's the sister show of a long-running powerhouse -- so I was actually rather relieved when the writers up and had Rodney get an epiphany based on an episode with similar circumstances, 'Entity'. Instead've trying to dodge and jolt around, trying to make us think the concept was a new one.

All in all, great, I'd say. In fact, I'd say more if I weren't making quick runs, then heading to sleep for the night. Yes, though, I sign with the 'Hermiod Rocks' group, so to speak. Wonderful, awesome. Even Thor... I'm sorry, but... I... no, I won't say it. Not yet. Not yet! Egads!

At any rate, can't wait till next week. Ronan Dex, Ford making an appearance and whatnot. I'll likely post in this thread a better explanation of my feelings for this episode between now and then, though.
                        If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode, found myself laughing my butt off a few times. I can say that I was entertained by it, which is what I expect from a tv show I watch.
                          Hermiod is actually the first Asgard I really like because he seems to have a bit of personality, swearing under his breath, shows some emotion. Gotta love that crap line, I was cracking up.

Minor Spoiler for SG-1 below

The time line between shows I think is about 3 weeks apart or so. I think they said 18 days from Atlantis to Earth or maybe they had been in hyperspace for 18 days and they were two days from Atlantis. So lets say 20 days one way. Lets assume that they left Atlantis 4 days after the end of Siege 3, enough time to repair the Daedalus. They were a month on Earth and then 20 days back to Atlantis. So thats a total of 85 days, using a 31 day month. Now Avalon part 1, several months had passed since the end of season 8 and the Daedalus left during Avalon part 1, so at the most, SGA and SG1 are about 20 days apart. Thats assuming a couple of weeks didn't pass during Avalon part 2. Or I could be way off and I just wasted a perfectly good paragraph!!!

Comment

It was a good episode. Hermie and the clips tranformed it from an ok episode into a good one that I would not mind watching again.

Yes, Weir set Simon free in Letters from Pegasus, but his being in the pool to go to Atlantis did make it look like he was interested. He should have said that he was with someone new the first time she tried to get him to sign on. We all knew this had to happen, but I was still sorry to see Weir hurt.

Admittedly, I found Sheppard's "Oh my; it's an alien" behavior a bit annoying, but overall, I enjoyed his and McKay's antics.

I'm looking forward to next week.
                            "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Did anyone else notice that the actor who was Narim on SG-1 was also Dr. Weir's husband?

It was a good episode. I loved McKay's reaction when they were inside one of the F-302's. He sounded like he's a little claustrophobic. Also the comment about him having fair skin was funny. I think that Carson was getting annoyed at McKay towards the end with all his complaining about his skin condition. (Who could blame him?)

Oh, and Novak was in the episode. She was in the Engine Room (I think) before they did the first shut down of the all the systems on the ship.

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

I actually liked SG1 episode more this week. Hm.... bad sign!

It wasnt a bad episode though, decent, but not as good as last week! Next week looks kick arse though!
                                "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Working...
                                X