Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Intruder (202)

This episode had twists and turns in it. Weir lost her love, unfortunately and Sheppard/McKay now have to get along with an Asgard with a 'tude. I love it! Every loss has its benefits though.

Okay so it's "Entity" with a twist. I still loved the episode. McKay was so funny before they beamed him into the hanger bay. I liked the way they did the flash back to Earth scenes. All in all a good episode - look forward to watching it again later.

Chief Master Sergeant

Definetely a solid episode. I loved the flashbacks and the character development, particularly with Weir. I love how Weir stood up and said 'You don't want to fight me on this one' and basically said 'I get my way. Try to stop me'.

As for the virus and that plot. Maybe the impact of that is lessened because it's a scifi cliche that just happens to coincide with exactly what's happening in Battlestar Galactica at the moment. But it sure as hell beats 'Entity'. I liked the process of trying to destroy it and the process of trying to fight it and being frustrated. Not a great episode, but a solid one.

I loved the Asgard swearing too. And I'm glad that annoying hiccup woman wasn't there.

OMG that was kool. John sot the F-302 and i thought something was going to happen when they were getting close to the sun. It was funny when McKay was talking and John shut him up. That wa a great episode and the ending was great.WE get to see Teyla in a nice top and she seemed more happy than normal.I thought she was on the Dadalus but she was on altnaits and when John talked to Ford's cousin and she said that Ford said that John was a great man and other stuff. The look on Johns face was so pricless he really wants to save Ford but theres no sign of him and John was great in the F-302. Overalll the episode was a great one so far canit wait till Runner comes out.

It was kind of rude, if somewhat understandable, the way Shep and McKay were whispering about Hermiod while standing only a few feet away and staring. As if it isn't bad enough he's spending weeks on a small ship with a bunch of backwards apes. It was pretty funny though.
    We've always taken it for granted that the Asgard are just the Asgard and not in need of clothes but it's nice someone noticed he was butt nekked.
    It does beg the question though... how does one evolve beyond clothes? or were they always just lacking in modesty?

First Lieutenant not so ancient's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: The Intruder (202)

Rock me, Amadeus! Excellent episode.

V. quick thoughts:

1) Caldwell = Teh Hawt. But I think he should trim his eyebrows. I say this as a person who's had a crush on Mitch Pileggi for 8 years.
    2) David Hewlett gets to do the best acting on the show. And you know what? He's very good at it.
    3) Simon's a physician? I'm surprised. But not at how things turned out.
    4) We are veering perilously close to McShep being canon.
    5) I like the interactions we had with Hermiod. I missed Novak.
    6) The show had a good look to it and good pace, especially with transitions to flashbacks.
    8) Two months? Wow. Wonder what they shopped for on Earth?
    9) "Moisturizer!"
    10) Teyla and Zelenka in charge when the big 3 were gone? Excellent. Just right.

Is it next Friday yet?

Defaintely liked it. There were a few minor plot holes at times, but overall it was incredibly awesome, especially the Ford backstory (even if we still don't know why he lived with his grandparents). Two thumbs up!

Lieutenant Colonel Major Fischer's Avatar

In general I liked the episode, the plot twists I expected didn't happen which is always refreshing. I liked the bit of tension between Weir and Caldwell and was rather glad to discover that apparently Weir's job was never in question. I think the Weir/Caldwell/Sheppard dynamic is going to be very interesting. It was nice to see Torri getting to be in the bulk of an action episode (aside from cliffhangers) and not be the damsel in distress.

The only thing I think that didn't work was the cafeteria conversation. It seemed really forced. Aaron Sorkin, when talking about writing cliffhangers between seasons and than speeding up time, that it never works. Next week's episode always feels like next week, not matter what you tell the audience.

What an intensely disappointing ep. Good for snark, but not much else. Shades of Entity and Tangent with a bit of BSG thrown in.

The Asgard beaming technology is becoming an intense cop-out. As for why Shep was standing when he arrived... I think this isn't the first time something like this has happened, but it still doesn't make a lot of sense.

A belated explanation of something we were questioning in the last ep and if I wasn't distracted by screaming n00bs running down a dark hall on BSG, maybe I could remember it. Something about Ford, I think.

And while I know the "quiet moment" between Shep and Weir was supposed to be just a quiet moment, I know Joe and his shippy tendencies too well to have that scene sit comfortably with me. VERY convenient that Simon is no longer an obstacle.

Quote Originally Posted by kharn the betrayer
    OMG Hermie RULES!

I never in the world thought an Asgard could be this funny.

I mean his reaction to Mckay after he finds out it was a wraith virus had me on the floor.

Hermie:Crap indeed

me: pfffft XD XD XD

Also his little Evil glare as Sheppard was funny aswell
    Hermiod was freaking awesome!!! I love how he talks under his breath. LOL...

and when Shep was saying...."Does he have to be naked??" LMFAO!!!!

I loved Hermiod, and Mckay as always, the F-302 fighting was amazing, the flashbacks of the team on Earth, fabulous, especially when Dr. Weir told General Landry, and Colonel Caldwell, that she had the support of the President, and their allies, and that they should promote Sheppard. Here we come to Sheppard, has any other person noticed that he has come up with more ideas, than in the entire first season, he is out-thinking Mckay, the guy is smart, but he isn't that intelligent, and why isn't the Asgard the one with the ideas, he should have thought of these things a hundred times, before they even constructed the idea, that's odd to me.

I too thought that they should have destroyed the F-302, after Sheppard was beamed aboard, because don't the F-302's have hyperdrive technology as well?

Stargate: Horizon Staff Writer SierraGulf1's Avatar

I found the scene with McKay looking at his friend plead for help as he dies to be very emotional, and even somewhat disturbing. I liked it. It takes great writing and actors to pull of something like that. It seems that in many episodes (The Defiant One, The Siege Part I, The Intruder) McKay helplessly witnesses good men die. David Hewlett's reactions are wonderful.

Hermiod is awesome. "Crap indeed." He and Hewlett steal the show.

It may be copying BSG, Entity, Tangent, and all that, but I loved it. Awesome episode.

You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

i found atlantis a lot more fun and a lot more enjoyable that sg1

great tension, loved liz standing up for shep, loved how it wasn't the quick and easy answer

HERMIE ROCKS!!

a smart ass asgard. wonder if they dropped jack's brain into his or something

but where was novak

i miss her

my one quibble....i wish they'd get the time line figured out. it's confusing to watch two shows in the same universe that air back to back being so different in time

And while I know the "quiet moment" between Shep and Weir was supposed to be just a quiet moment, I know Joe and his shippy tendencies too well to have that scene sit comfortably with me. VERY convenient that Simon is no longer an obstacle.

Actually Joe has OUTRIGHT stated his character WILL NOT be shipped with anyone anytime soon if ever. And it's also been Said Weir will be too busy for romance. Too focused on Atlantis. I believe that to be true. I don't believe we'll see any REAL Canon shipping this season for Shep or anyone. Joe likes to tease.

Loved the ep.

LOVED

Sheppard and Weir having coffee. Shep couldn't sleep. He was so damn proud of making Lt. Col. I loved Weir calling him on bringing it up all the time and Shep's "You have to understand. Alot of people thought I'd never make it past Capt." And Weir's "I guess the people who matter knew better" Or how ever she put it. And the way she looked at him and John's look back I waited for him to go "You had something to do with it..didn't you?

Her flashback to her dealing with Landry and Caldwell was fabulous. GO TORRI GO WEIR. I loved it. She blew away their objections about Shep. And Caldwell is a sly *******. He knew that Shep deserves his post but he wanted it if that was all he could get. She blew him away. YES. And he no like it. Heee

Shep seeing Hermiod. "Is he supposed to be naked?" Bwah. Too funny.

Rodney needing to get used to Lt. Col. Shep. Yep..me too.
    The only blech moment. The RODNEY/LINDSTROM thing. It sounded stupid after like five times of RODNEY! LINDSTROM! I get that they were freaking but yell something out. I blame that on the writers.

I felt bad for Elizabeth with Simon and confused. In LETTERS she told him to move on, now she's mad he doesn't want to join up?

Caldwell and Shep. Notice how Caldwell kept looking at Shep. Rodney woudl be talking, Caldwell would glance over at Shep. Heee. Interesting. Definite dynamic going on there, will be cool to see how it plays out.

Hermiod snarks at Rodney. I LOVE HERMIOD!

I LOVE JOHN. He comes up with a great idea again. And then he's flying the F302. And he's stuck. His OOOKAY line. His flashback to meeting with Ford's cousin. Her asking if Ford's trust was misplaced? GOD! The look on John's face. Joe rocks. And his not hearing ELizabeth. And really..facing DEATH again. How much can he take? And he was in CIVVIES! And I love that Caldwell is AGAIN seeing the SGA team working together to save each other.

And John's line about shutting down and rebooting "I'm just saying if we're taking a page from teh John Sheppard book of computer repair..we're desperate" BWAH! I loved that. And Joe delivered the line so well.

Weir with Simon just feels off though. She told him to move on now she comes home and acts like hew as going to just come back with her? Weird. I felt sorry for her though. Simon is UGLY tough. ICK!

MCSHEP! It was lovely. LOVELY! I loved it. Muchly. Joe and DH are just so cool together. Rodney hunching down to be transported. Bwah. And Shep in and out of the 302 and sliding down the ladder. SQUEEE
    And he remembered the left 302. I forgot about it. And what a cool shot, it following them. So more SQUEEEEEEEEEEe
    Cause Rodney and Shep are gonna save the day together. SQUEEEE

The flying sequence was fantastic. iT's the one Martin Gero was gushing about. It rocked. The McShep was funny. I loved even Hermiod acknowledging what a good pilot Shep is. Heeee
    And Shep's "Want to try the stick?" And "No" Funny. And his "SORRY" to Weir at scaring her was like a reversal of SIEGE 3. I loved this ep. So much McShep.

And I loved Rodney with Beckett and peeling nose. And Shep's asking about FORD and his "Ladies" And the end with Weir was perfect and ZLINKY was there. SQUEEEE
    I LOVE THIS SHOW

As a Shep/Joe fan it's great that he's finally getting some great lines and the chance to show off how great an actor he is. Yay.

So far season 2 rocks. I've enjoyed both eps as a whole, which oft times I didn't in season one. And I get a great Shep/Joe fix.

Hermiod played free and loose with his "Indeeds." I'd be inclined to think he spent too much time with Teal'c rather than Jack.

I like Hermy. Loved McKay (natch). The bit with Shep being all weirded out by "the alien" was kinda funny, especially since it's hardly the first alien he's seen.

And yes, the timeline is a huge issue. And it will continue as long as both shows are on the air.

Default Re: hermiod in 'the intruder'

Quote Originally Posted by NakedJehutyV2
    hermiod is the funniest asgard ever!!!!!

i know he did the backward speaking thing bout3-5 times. with the last one i seen was after they tried to shutdown the system the second time.

dude who did the mp3 thing,

please do it again
    the dude who did that was "okrichie". to see the original thread just go to the similar threads and his/hers(idk) is at the top

whatever please do it for us again! i can imagine he's telling them all off in the long rant lol

Well there's no dignified substitute for indeed.

But actually, Hermiod is the first alien looking alien who is an ally with whom Shephard has interacted.

I haven't seen the episode yet. I'm from england *sneaky eyes* :/

I will gladly create the post as soon as I can tomorrow, but that's as soon as I can make it, sorry . So someone may beat me to it, though I would like to be the one to do it

Maybe sooner rather than later.. all depends..
    Last edited by okrichie; July 22nd, 2005 at 09:00 PM.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast