This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More than 16 fighters?

The hanger/flight deck scene from "The Intruder" I saw something that may me think that the Dead can have more than 16 fighters.

In this scene, where the outer doors are opening, we can clearly see warning stripes on the floor (yellow and black) forming a large square. This large square is large enough to be an elevator that are found on aircraft carriers today. Also, if ya look closely you can see that the square is slightly lower than the floor as if the elevator didnt quite get flush with the floor. Elevators do that sometimes.

If all this is so then there is a lower deck and if that is the case then that deck can hold additional fighters.

How many more?

What say you?

Also, before I finish, it appears that the Dead can only launch 2 fighters at a time. In the same episode we see how the fighter is launch. The doors are not wide enough to allow 2 fighters to pass throught side by side. Anyone disagree?
    sigpic

Nice. Good job noticing that. I disagree that more than two fighters can be launched at once. The Asgard transporters can beam as many as they want into space, they could do this in a hurry. lol, I know what you actually meant.

Good job, rep for you.

Owen Macri

Comment

perhaps it jsut a lift to another bay, with door as well, and the force field stretches all the way down. same on the other side of the ship.
      i think that there i 24 ships, 6 in each bay/hanger
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

Well I really like the design of the hangar bays. They are cool, and very well worked into the design of the ship.

Owen Macri

Comment

I kinda think that there could be as many as 32 fighters.

Thanks for the rep Owen
          sigpic

Comment

i agree with tarrifist that there could be 32 fighters in the deadalus with no problem
            I LOVE AGE OF EMPIRES!!!

Comment

Well, with the hangers being used for launching fighters, they have to have some place to maintain them and do repairs. I'd bet those elevators are for bringing ships to a maintenance bay.

Also, the individual hanger bays aren't big enough to launch 2 fighters at the same time, but you could launch from both hangers at the same time.
              Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Didn't you guys know, the Asgard took the ship for a week to add on stuff, now that is a long time for the Asgard to add on, what, sensors and transporters, so what they actually did was extend the ship so it was HUGE, it is bigger than a planet, but the extra section is cloaked and out of phase, so we don't know it is there, but it secretley has everything we could ever want!

Lol, no problem, reputation is a good thing, like a compliment, spread it around, by the way you guys are all cool! Spread it around, it will make the forum even better.

Owen Macri

Comment

A full Air Wing would be nice. Not just fighters...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est - "A sword is never a killer, it's a tool in the killer's hands"
                  - Lucius Annaeus Seneca (4BC-65AD)

Why it's a "magazine" and not a "clip".

Comment

Originally posted by Panther
                    A full Air Wing would be nice. Not just fighters...
                    Ya we could have all kinds of classes of ships!

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
                      Didn't you guys know, the Asgard took the ship for a week to add on stuff, now that is a long time for the Asgard to add on, what, sensors and transporters, so what they actually did was extend the ship so it was HUGE, it is bigger than a planet, but the extra section is cloaked and out of phase, so we don't know it is there, but it secretley has everything we could ever want!

Lol, no problem, reputation is a good thing, like a compliment, spread it around, by the way you guys are all cool! Spread it around, it will make the forum even better.

Owen Macri
                      Shhhssh! Dont tell them that.
                      sigpic

Comment

Oh, I'm sorry, you weren't supposed to find out!!!! NOOOOO! Shh, don't tell anyone...

lol.

Owen Macri

Comment

Working...
                        X