No announcement yet.

Home, Part 1 (206)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If one of the 'Human Cylons' knows how to access the tomb with the location of Earth isn't it at all possible they have rigged anything that they will eventually find. Or at worst they Cylons are always on there way to Earth....
    Support Stargate and Stargate Atlantis to be made avalaible via i-tunes, write your support on this thread and vote in the poll to get Sony to put the show on i-tunes.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=23944

Comment

Reasonable ep. The new CAG did stuff up a lot. That ambush on Kobol was to be expected too. I love the scene where Dee speaks up to Adama and tells him to bring the fleet/family back together again, and then when Adama speaks to everyone on the bridge, and they are all happy. Good stuff
      Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

First, I have to give three cheers for the Wander, My Friends/Good Lighter music!

Now that that's out of the way... highlights include the intense confrontation on the Astral Queen ("let's do what the nice lady says." "she's the President of the Colonies, you moron"), the Adama/Dualla scene and the "cost in blood" coming back to claim Elosha (how unironic).

Speaking of Roslin and her merry band of cohorts, I'm going back to "Resistance" and Billy's inexplicable decision not to follow her. Of course, the behind the scenes reason was that Paul Campbell was filming something else, but I think an unforeseen obstacle blocking Billy's path to the Raptor in "Resistance" until it was too late would have worked better than the rather half-baked explanation he gave.
        Spoiler:
        Also, I can't help but think that Billy should have died on Kobol along with Elosha as opposed to his upcoming fate in "Sacrifice". It would be more emotionally powerful for Roslin to have insisted on finding the Tomb of Athena only to lose her two most trusted allies.

The rest of the ep was ho-hum. The idiot CAG subplot was an exceedingly heavy-handed attempt to show that Apollo and Starbuck are needed on Galactica, and there was too much screen time spent on it.

This was your typical BSG episode, and as such earns...

5/10
        sigpic
        Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
          First, I have to give three cheers for the Wander, My Friends/Good Lighter music!

Now that that's out of the way... highlights include the intense confrontation on the Astral Queen ("let's do what the nice lady says." "she's the President of the Colonies, you moron"), the Adama/Dualla scene and the "cost in blood" coming back to claim Elosha (how unironic).
          <snip>
          ^^You forgot the part where Adama's all bad*** about cracking walnuts with his bare hand.

I agree with what a lot of people have said here already - the accident with the new CAG was incredibly amateurish and then, when the mishaps piled up it seemed very heavy-handed. How did this guy get so high up the ranks? How was he even in contention? Is it possible that Adama was deliberately hasty in his decision and perhaps (subconsciously?) sabotaging the choice. That is, maybe it was meant to be understood this way: Adama doesn't want anyone to replace Lee and Starbuck. Maybe it was meant to be a reflection on Adama's character/state of mind at the time rather than an implicit reflection on Lee and Starbuck.

I adore the scene between Adama and Dee. That feeling, from last ep, about feeling "closer to the ground" was precisely what Dee was talking about here - Adama feels helpless. EJO delivered that opening bit of dialogue so coolly; but it was a coolness of barely contained tumult. And his anguished glare when Dee mentions "parents separated from their children"... haunting.

Finally... The final scene!!! Yay for the "Wander, My Friends" theme again. That scene always gives me goosebumps.
          "We still commit murder because of greed and spite and jealousy, and we still visit all of our sins upon our children. We refuse to accept the responsibility for anything we've done. [...] Its not enough to survive... One has to be worthy of survival."
          ~William Adama

All this has happened before. All this is happening again.

Comment

That music kicks in at all the right moments. I'm glad they save it for special occasions like this.

Comment

Working...
            X