• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to RDM, the reason for Starbuck's scar will be revealed
    sometime during the upcoming third season of BSG on "New Caprica."
    Rumor has it, that it may have something to do with "Mr. Airlock"
    himself: Leoben; he was the Cylon, President Roslin ordered blown
    out the airlock. Nothing has been confirmed yet, it is still speculation.

Comment

It was good to see the reaction of the whole crew when Adama returned to duty. I was also pretty sure that the Doc was a Cylon from early on. But I didnt think the Cylons would try and impregnate every women they found though. They do take their religion and the whole procreation thing seriously...

I liked the scene where Adama was discussing loving Sharon with the Cheif. One cant ignore the past love, its just a different kind.

It will be interesting to find out why Starbuck is so special too.
      Finding the arrow at the end was way too easy too imo.
      Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

this is the most morbid ep of the series so far

Comment

the human female baby machine farm thing, was very disturbing!!

Comment

"There are many copies. You'll see her again." - William Adama, in what is without a doubt the best scene in "The Farm"

Indeed, that scene was quite good, and brought back memories of Adama's dressing down of Tyrol in "Litmus". In fact, the whole Adama subplot in this episode was well done.

Less well done was the rest of the episode. First of all, the Cylons think they can't reproduce because they don't love each other? What a ridiculous plot point, and what's worse is that it continues to affect the story in later episodes (the writers didn't pull a "Threshold" and retcon the plot development into oblivion as they should have done).

Also, the entire process of the resistance learning to trust the Cylon Sharon is skipped for the sake of plot movement. Her entire excursion to steal a Heavy Raider is glossed over. Anders and Starbuck are almost forced together without it feeling very natural; again, this feels like plot contrivance. Was it really that much of a surprise that Simon was a Cylon? Why didn't the resistance (or at least some of them) hitch a ride on the Heavy Raider?

Not utterly bad, but the worst yet of the series.

2/10
            sigpic
            Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

i never told you my call sign 'stab'
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                i never told you my call sign 'stab'
                And don't forget the primal "JUST DIE!!!" part.
                sigpic
                Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Not one of my favourite episodes, but it has some *brilliant* scenes in it.

Edward James Olmos. His performance was fantastic. "I feel strange. Like, closer to the ground." <-- such a telling and important line. EJO does an amazing job of portraying a far more human Adama. One who is nearly on the verge of tears before Tyrol and one who loses his temper in the CIC. And, Oh my word. Adama's scene in the morgue at the end. Gut-wrenching performance.

The Roslin storyline - Fascinating to watch a thoroughly political animal (i.e. Roslin) begin her transformation into a religious figure. The "religion card," she calls it. Religion as tool in political gambit. And the way MM portrayed Roslin's complete discomfort at giving the men on the Astral Queen her blessing... very well done.

Unfortunately, it was the storyline that was the namesake of this episode that lost me. The premise was interesting, but it just wasn't pulled off convincingly, to me. It just didn't capture my attention. Though, I should say, I did enjoy the very last scene - I think it was the music that really sold, for me.

(EDIT: Oh, and one last thing... call me a sap, but I love this line: "When you think you love somebody, you love them. That's what love is: thoughts.")
                  "We still commit murder because of greed and spite and jealousy, and we still visit all of our sins upon our children. We refuse to accept the responsibility for anything we've done. [...] Its not enough to survive... One has to be worthy of survival."
                  ~William Adama

All this has happened before. All this is happening again.

Comment

love that Laura is strong again.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X