Resistance (204)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SemperFidelis
    Baltar is growing more and more evil, in my opinion. Many people have questioned whether Sharon was telling the truth when she stated there are only 8 cylons in the fleet. I have a different feeling about the whole sequence. I believe Baltar wasn't really interested in how many cylons there are. His cylon detector works, so he can find out how many cylons there are by doing some work. I think he was trying to find out if cylon Sharon really loved Tyrol so that she would give an answer to his question. If cylon Sharon really loves Tyrol then Baltar will believe that Six really loves him and wasn't just using him to destroy humanity. Baltar seems to liking the idea of having a family with Six, even though she is a cylon. He is becoming the Baltar of the original series bit by bit.
    I like your take on Baltar, especially the bit I highlighted. That adds more depth to baltar. Evil characters need humanising features like that to give them depth.

Billy's epiphany was too little too late, but I hope that it's something that leads to more. He's sweet, but I think there's some bite in him somewhere and i'd like to see what it takes to bring that out.

Apollo broke parole! That's more shocking to me than his original betrayal or than the action that he took once he broke parole. He gave his oath!

Madeleine

Comment

Meeting up with a resistant movement was cool. That scene where the crowd goes wild, and the marines fire was quite realistic imo. Baltar testing Sharon was quite interesting. Did he want to know if she did care, or did he really want the info? And what will he do with it now he's got both answers?

I dont really like all the deception, and helping Roslin escape. I dont like how she is putting all these religous ideas above the safety of the only large force of surviving humans.

It was good to see Adama rise again. You get the feeling that he will fix things asap. Tigh now also has a greater understanding, and loyalty to him aswell. I saw Sharon getting shot quite early though. Surprised she died so easy...
      Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Awesome episode! I was so shocked to see Kayle shoot Boomer. But Then I wasn't surprised since she does have a thing for the Chief.
        I'm so glad my station seems to be airing the shows week after week with no breaks. I notice season 2 has 20 episodes so I still have a long way to go. I'm hoping the station can go right into season 3!

And I can't wait to find out what the heck the baby thing is all about (Baltar). Talk about weird!
        Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

hello sam

Comment

For the first time in this rewatch, I can't tell who an episode is about, or focusing on. Is "Resistance" about...

- Tigh, and his command deficiencies, amplified by Ellen?
            - Boomer, who died in the arms of the man she loves?
            - Tyrol, who underwent a small emotional journey?
            - Baltar, who is spurred to action by Head Six?
            - Cally, who takes matters into her own hands and pulls a Jack Ruby?
            - Roslin, who has finally escaped from captivity to lead a seditious force?

... and I haven't even mentioned the Caprica plot, so the bottom line is that a lot is going on this episode, and it's all the better for it. By the way, if anyone can decide between the above characters for who this ep focuses on, feel free to respond.

This is the best episode of the season thus far. A strong character piece that is chock-full of good personal scenes; I think that's why I found this episode better than "Scattered" or "Valley of Darkness": I found the character moments more compelling. Those two episodes had the action aspect, and this one I felt had better character material.

Later episodes that combine intense action with great characterization like "Exodus Part 2" and "The Hub" are the next step up in this progression of science fiction drama.

8/10
            sigpic
            Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

As has been said before, there is just so much going in this ep... so much *awesome*, that is!! I really don't even know where to start. This is definitely the best ep of the first half of the season. It weaves together solid character development with intense action and nerve-wracking suspense.

The first time I saw this ep, I cannot tell you how happy I was to hear Adama's voice!! The scene between Tigh and Adama is amazing. Poignant. "Then we'll pick 'em up together."

Finally, I really liked the creative book-ends on this episode. Different, but very cool.
              "We still commit murder because of greed and spite and jealousy, and we still visit all of our sins upon our children. We refuse to accept the responsibility for anything we've done. [...] Its not enough to survive... One has to be worthy of survival."
              ~William Adama

All this has happened before. All this is happening again.

Comment

I was pleasantly surprised when Baltar shot the LT.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X