• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resistance (204)

Visit the Episode GuideGALACTICA SEASON TWO
    RESISTANCE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 204

Apollo orchestrates an escape for Roslin and her supporters, while Tigh's suspicions about Cylon operatives fall on Chief Tyrol. Kara and Helo fall in with a group of humans who have survived on Caprica and started a resistance movement.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 25 April 2011, 05:05 PM.

Sorry Gateworld! But I cannot wait for it to get unlocked. My mind is reeling!

*Tigh is on my last nerve - Tyrol is no Cylon and Tigh should be one for what he is doing!
    *Roslin is still doing a great job as President, with the Lt. on her escape and all that - and so civil towards Zarek (newfound love for him!) The enemy of my enemy is my friend (total Stargate there!)
    *ADAMA IS BACK! YAY!
    *Dee and her little convos with Apollo were cute - and Gaeta at the end denying the off-log calls and stuff! Perfect!
    *Helo and Starbuck and the C-Bucs was cool! So glad we have 53 known surviors on Caprica - I was hoping for a Starbuck/Anders kiss, but none!
    *Okay, so when Roslin said "Something ugly is coming, I can feel it", I was half-expecting Ellen Tigh to walk through the doors. She is so pathetic and making excuses and trying to get her incomptent, drunk-ass husband back to power...she is on my last nerve and I'm sick of her! AND I DID NOT WANT TO SEE TWO WRINKLY OLD BABOONS ALMOST GO AT IT!
    *Baltar surpised me! Didn't know he had it in him to almost kill Chief. Nonetheless, 8 Cylons...scary!

The Farm looks good, but this ranks up as one of my favorite episodes. I was yelling at Ellen Tigh and Colonel Tigh and everything!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Elliot
      AND I DID NOT WANT TO SEE TWO WRINKLY OLD BABOONS ALMOST GO AT IT!
      LOL Lt. Elliot! That shocked me quite significantly as well.

Oh wow... this episode was... absolutely excellent. EXCELLENT. Probably my favoritest this season. The stuff on Kobol... worth waiting for! Kara and Helo, yay! They didn't show as much as I thought they would of Caprica, but maybe next time...? I'm hopeful.

I was so stunned about the ending... BOOOOOMER! *sad* I know there's another copy of her, but they're two completely different people, and before there was one Sharon for Helo, and one Sharon for Tyrol, but now Tyrol doesn't have a Sharon and... that's sad! *cries* Poor Tyrol! I want to hug him.

I think I'm going to stay up for the second showing so I can watch this episode again. *cackles* Yay for that!

http://bsgmedia.org/

Comment

Wow. That was...just wow. Sooooo good.

Way too much to take in on one viewing. Baltar finding out how many Cylons are on the fleet. Apollo's decision to side with Roslin *again*. Billy's decision to not stay with her! Tigh screwing up even more than I thought possible. Ooky Ellen and Tigh groping. Please no more of that. Starbuck and studly Caprica guy. Gaeta is looking more and more like a Cylon, to me anyway. (I hope I'm wrong, I don't want him to be one.) Adama woke up...and asked for Lee! And poor Boomer/Chief.

This episode is a perfect example of why I'm a spoilerphobe.

I'll have to write more when I'm less tired and more coherent.

This show rocks!

Comment

Damn this fracken show for once again leaving me wanting more. So many things going on I'm really glad they got back on Caprica, Starbuck has become my favorite character

LEE IS NOT A CYLON

Comment

man i think this takes top on best ep so far imo

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
            Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
            Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Comment

damn cliffy (is it friday yet)

so much info to take in..

8 cylons in the fleet...

love the stuff on Caprica... gettin' more and more interstin'

glad the old man is back

i see a love triangle fromin' lee/kara/anders.

i could go without tigh and his uh.. umm.. little frakkin' backstabbin wife, makin' out... frakkin freaky

this whole season is turnin' out to be kickin' some major butt.

im havin more and more respect for Cally, i didnt see that comin' shootin boomer like that..

poor tyrol.. he's not a frakkin' cylon. tigh has to come down from his alcohol induced idiotcy and look at what the hell he's doin.

(uh yea still no repect for him... actually he's been a bigger idiot since his wife came back... he's back in the bottle and tryin' to keep it underwraps.. news flash, loose the wife, she's a bad infuence.)
              sigpic

Comment

This so is getting really good, its turing into one of my all time favorite shows. This episode was great as awlways, I'm so glad now that Commander Adama is back - can't wait for next week.

Comment

I absolutely loved the episode on a dramatic level, but...

...in reality, these people wouldn't last two minutes under the circumstances. Only 50,000 people left, running aimlessly through space, under constant threat of attack by a vastly superior force and their only defense is a hopelessly dysfunctional military. Of the most paramount importance to any military, even during peacetime nevermind the situation these people find themselves in, is discipline, discipline, discipline and the unquestioning obeying of orders. It seems everyone on Galactica, from the lowest private to the officers, will disobey an order at the drop of a hat on personal principle.

Then you also have the civilians who are rather foolishly intent on maintaining a normal life resembling what they had prior to the Cylon Armageddon. It seems to me that under such extreme circumstances, every civilian had best show a military-like discipline if they have any wish to survive. All the political machinations are insane. You can worry about democracy and setting up a government once the race's survival is assured. Tigh's declaration of martial law is something that should have happened from the beginning.

Don't get me wrong, I love the series and I loved this episode. But what I outlined above does sort of get on my nerves, and it was more pronounced in this episode. Of course, this is fiction and the writers can sidestep what, in reality, would be suicidal behaviour on the part of the survivors.

Comment

Oh man that episode was intense. And it kicked you know what……

I had spoiled myself about the Caprica situation so I knew they were going to find survivors, and the NBC promo commercial had spoiled me about Tigh treating Tryol like a Cylon, but the rest was just WOW! I didn’t see it coming and am so glad I didn’t.

Lee, what in the bleep have you gone and done! I totally disagree with what he did and what the rest of them did to help the President escape. They have made the situation even worse. Adama was eventually going to wake up and take back command. Now I don’t think he would have immediately let her resume her position of power, but I think he could have been more diplomatic about the situation and possibly withdrawn marshal law and let the Quarum with Baltar serving as interim president take back control of civilian affairs. As much as Baltar being Pres scares me, it’s better than what is about to happen. I really have to admire Billy for growing a pair and telling Roslin what she was doing was wrong and that he couldn’t be a party to it. Go Billy! Then after seeing who Lee was relying on to hide them………..Go Billy! Go! Tom Zarek. That is who we fall back on in this desperate time? The man who possibly orchestrated some of the crap that is going down. I still think he and Ellen have some kind of little pact going on. I think he whispers things in Ellen’s ear and she whispers them in Tigh’s. Marshal law has almost turned out to be the best thing for Zarek because the President has been brought down leaving open the possibility for him to ascend to power once things calm down. I think he is secretly glad marshal law was declared, and think he had a hand in it. Anyway back to Billy. I think him being all puppy dog for Dee could have factored into his decision to stay, but I truly believe that what he said is a possibility and that he believes it.

And then there is Dee “betraying” the Old Man by helping Apollo. Yikes. I thought she worshiped at Adama’s feet. And then dragging poor Gaeta into the fray.

I admire Lee for his principles, but then I also hate traitors wearing a military uniform. And jeez there where a lot of people wearing the uniform willing to betray Adama.

Ugh. I hate how this show is almost forcing me to take sides. I want to support both sides. I want my democracy, but right now my loyalties lie with the military, and Lee has really betrayed the military with this move. I just can’t support that. Hehe. Jamie Bamber really has beautiful hands though. When he put his hand on Adama’s pillow, I was like oh damn get that woman away from Adama thinking it was Ellen. I kid you not. I really said that.

OMG! When Baltar killed the Chief, I was like WTF. Noooo. Not the Chief! Because I honestly wouldn’t put it past tptb to kill him. Great scene but then it really didn’t answer any questions cause we already knew that there were 8 other faceless models out there. So that raises the question. Was Boomer just referring to there being 8 other models out there with maybe a couple of copies hiding in reserve or are there just purely 8 other Cylons out amongst the fleet. No more, no less. Or did she just give him a number to save the Chief. She said 8 right after Baltar said 9 as he was counting down. Dang Baltar is evil.

And Nooooo! They killed Galactica Boomer. I think she was my favorite of the two Boomers because she was so conflicted. Here the show goes and makes me want to cry for something that just shot my favorite character and whose race just annihilated the human race. Jeez these people are good. Nice visual with the dripping blood and its symbolic meanings.

Could Cally be a Cylon since she assassinated the assassin?

Hmmm……..some Starbuck/Pyramid player dude ship going on there, eh. He’s a dead man walking.

I like the character of Tigh, but then I just want to slap the idiot and say wake up you jerk, she’s manipulating you. Well, I guess Tigh does still have two brain cells rubbing together amidst all that drinking (and not even bothering to hide it this week), though I imagine he’s know all along that’s how Ellen plays the game. What does he see in her? It’s almost like battered wife syndrome, but only in reverse. And please no more Ellen/Tigh foreplay.

But when Adama walked into the room and said those words, I had to take pity on Tigh because he was put in a difficult position, and it’s always easier for us armchair quarterbacks to criticize those who are put in positions where they have to make critical decisions. Great words by Adama. Damn. I love his character.

Oh and YES! Adama’s back! The show has been totally great without him, so it can only get better with him.

Damn. Best episode of the season so far I think. Gah. It’s almost too hard to pick a favorite episode in this series. Though it could have done without the little Starbuck/hunky model boy pick-up Pyramid game.
                    Last edited by LoneStar1836; 06 August 2005, 05:36 PM.
                    IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836
                      Oh man that episode was intense. And it kicked you know what……

Oh and YES! Adama’s back! The show has been totally great without him, so it can only get better with him.
                      I never really considered the show being "without him". More of the show having him being in an incapacitated state. If that makes any sence . But your right stuffs gonna hit the fan and I'm afraid that the split mid season is gonna be too much for me too handle

The damn show is Too good this early in the series. Can they honestly keep this pace up. First episode after the mini was 33, when they were jumping evey 33 minutes and had no rest......I feel like the damn series is still on that pace for the viewers

LEE IS NOT A CYLON

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836
                        And then there is Dee “betraying” the Old Man by helping Apollo. Yikes. I thought she worshiped at Adama’s feet. And then dragging poor Gaeta into the fray.
                        Dee has just been doing what she needs to do. She wasn't so much betraying the Old Man as she was trying to save the fleet because of Tigh. She said it herself to Apollo that he's back on the bottle and its worse than ever. What would you do in this case? Try to get the President (who isn't a drunken fool) safe and back into some power until the Old Man resumes command or let Tigh (a drunken fool) continue to control the fleet and lead them into immenent death!

Originally posted by Lonestar1836
                        Could Cally be a Cylon since she assassinated the assassin?
                        I don't think she's a Cylon because she did that. I think Cally loved the Chief as much as Galactica Boomer did, and since everyone was saying it was Galactica Boomer's fault Chief was in the brig, she wanted revenge!

Originally posted by Lonestar1836
                        I like the character of Tigh, but then I just want to slap the idiot and say wake up you jerk, she’s manipulating you. Well, I guess Tigh does still have two brain cells rubbing together amidst all that drinking (and not even bothering to hide it this week), though I imagine he’s know all along that’s how Ellen plays the game. What does he see in her? It’s almost like battered wife syndrome, but only in reverse. And please no more Ellen/Tigh foreplay.
                        I agree Tigh needs a good slapping and someone needs to take that flask away. If you noticed, he can't be away from it for half a second! Yeah, that foreplay was completely gross and something TPTB needs to consider in the rest of the episode - no one wants to see two old, wrinkly people go at it! It's gross! Especially if one is an incompetent drunk and the other is a power-mongoring Cylon-wannabe!

Originally posted by Lonestarman1836
                        Lee, what in the bleep have you gone and done! I totally disagree with what he did and what the rest of them did to help the President escape. They have made the situation even worse. Adama was eventually going to wake up and take back command. Now I don’t think he would have immediately let her resume her position of power, but I think he could have been more diplomatic about the situation and possibly withdrawn marshal law and let the Quarum with Baltar serving as interim president take back control of civilian affairs.
                        Well, I doubt Adama will ever just allow Roslin back to power, but then again, Home is all about
                        Spoiler:
                        Lee joining Roslin and Zarek in a Separatist Fleet and leaving Adama and the main fleet.
                        I commend Lee on knowing where his loyalties need to be, because a military government spells disaster for the whole fleet, where as a civilian government did and does mean some safety and peace within the fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by Vorlon-1
                          I never really considered the show being "without him". More of the show having him being in an incapacitated state. If that makes any sence . But your right stuffs gonna hit the fan and I'm afraid that the split mid season is gonna be too much for me too handle
                          That makes sense cause that was what I was implying, I just didn’t express that very well. He’s been there all along and his presence is felt in all of these episodes, he just wasn’t out there with that commanding voice of his.

I have a hard enough time putting together a coherent sentence when I’m not excited about something. With my gushing over this show, there is no telling what babbling will make its way into a post.

That mid season break is going to be a killer……..

The damn show is Too good this early in the series. Can they honestly keep this pace up. First episode after the mini was 33, when they were jumping evey 33 minutes and had no rest......I feel like the damn series is still on that pace for the viewers
                          I hear you. In the back of my mind, I’m always wondering when the magic will run out cause I don’t see how they can keep up this pace of producing episodes that have yet to disappoint me.
                          Last edited by LoneStar1836; 06 August 2005, 08:10 PM.
                          IMO always implied.

Comment

You know I have a hard time even forming coherent thoughts about this show. I keep thinking about things long after it's off. SG-1 and Atlantis are easy. I either like them or not - good popcorny fun. But they don't stay with me like BSG does.

I LOVED "Resistance".

There were all kinds of interesting things going on with ALL the characters. What other show pulls that off? Dee and Gaeta. I was surprised Gaeta covered. Really surprised. Maybe he IS a Cylon.

Chief - they locked up Chief!? I mean I know the reason but just so unfair. I didn't expect Baltar to try killing Tyrol to make CylonBoomer talk but kind of a stupid idea really. Boomer could have made up anything and he would be none the wiser. But if it's really 8 Cylons - I suspect that's the total number in the fleet. Wonder if that included the guy they spaced. Now I've forgotten his name. Sheesh - need the S1 DVD's to come out.

That was actually sad at the end when CylonBoomer died. I mean I know Boomer is a Cylon but she loved Tyrol. Poor Tyrol. I figured we'd lose one of the Boomers and she seemed the most likely.

And what's up with Cally? I was wondering about her being a Cylon too. Maybe she was just trying to keep them from experimenting on CylonBoomer. If not - her behavior on behalf of the Chief seemed a little out of character. But guess after all the stress on the planet she was entitled to go off the deep end.

So much going on with the political maneuverings. I'm sorry - in a way - to see Apollo going with Roslin. The estrangement from his father is going to get much worse before it gets better I think. Still, he's acting on on his principles and it's hard to say he's really wrong at this point - what with Tigh going off every other minute. I just think his father is going to need his help and support to fix this mess and he's not going to be there. Roslin and Zarak are going to be odd bedfellows. And Billy stayed behind - that was another surprise.

I want to strangle Tigh. *****slap him or something. What a fool. But every decision he made was a tough one. The civilian casualties were very predictable - why was he surprised?

I've never been so glad to see Adama walk thru the door. I don't know how well he would have handled things - and it was a thoughtful speech he gave Tigh about the pressures of the job - but at least he's sober and doesn't have Ellen whispering in his ear.

Oh - I'm forgetting all the resistance stuff. Which was great but more predictable.

I'm sure if I ever land on a planet devastated by nuclear events the leader of the resistance isn't going to look like that guy. He'll be some straggle-tooth fellow. Quite a little game going on at the end - and not just on the court.

Can't wait until next week. I love this show.
                            Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Elliot
                              Dee has just been doing what she needs to do. She wasn't so much betraying the Old Man as she was trying to save the fleet because of Tigh. She said it herself to Apollo that he's back on the bottle and its worse than ever. What would you do in this case? Try to get the President (who isn't a drunken fool) safe and back into some power until the Old Man resumes command or let Tigh (a drunken fool) continue to control the fleet and lead them into immenent death!
                              I think they could have weighed other options. Number one being getting Tigh out of power. Have the man declared unfit for duty and relieve him. It was very evident he was hitting the bottle. That should be justification enough that his mental capacities were impaired and thus the fleet was at risk. All they needed to do was work on convincing Captain Kelly to force him to step down by ordering the Marines take him into custody. If several Marines were willing to help Roslin escape, then they shouldn’t have too many qualms about detaining Tigh. Imo, that should have been their first plan of action.

Well, I doubt Adama will ever just allow Roslin back to power, but then again, Home is all about
                              Spoiler:
                              Lee joining Roslin and Zarek in a Separatist Fleet and leaving Adama and the main fleet.
                              Oh, I agree that Adama will not just let Roslin back into power. If she does somehow manage to regain her position, it will not be because he just agreed to let her have it. There will be some major wrangling and arm twisting involved. I honestly don’t see how he could ever consent to let her back into power, much less respect her authority, if she even regains her position as president of the Colonies anyway.

This is going to be interesting.
                              I commend Lee on knowing where his loyalties need to be, because a military government spells disaster for the whole fleet, where as a civilian government did and does mean some safety and peace within the fleet.
                              Got to disagree there cause I see the military in this dire situation as the only hope for the fleet’s survival. They are the only thing that stands between them and the Cylons. So while a military government is not my first choice, it is practically the only option, imo. If I were on one of those civilian ships, I would want the military on my side. Having the “democracy” they had in place, taken down in one fell swoop would bother me, but not nearly as much as having zero military protection. Spoilery talk about next week based on the previews shown
                              Spoiler:
                              It looks to me as though Roslin is asking ships of the fleet to take sides. They can either stay under the protection of Galactica and her guns and Vipers, etc. or they can jump away with her to Kobol in the hopes of fulfilling some prophecy in an attempt to find Earth. Now I agree that hope is the only thing these people have to cling to and faith and religion provide people with hope, so hey why not follow Roslin. She might be the best hope of finding some shelter from the Cylons where the people can pick up the pieces of what is left of their civilization. But then again Adama claimed, though falsely, that he knew where Earth was in order to give people hope. Unless Roslin comes out and claims that Adama admitted to her that he lied, then why shouldn’t people continue to believe him, even though I suspect that a number people probably do doubt the credibility of his claim. Anyway, if I were on one of those civilian ships, I’d vote to stay with Galactica where I was at least assured a better level of protection than just going it alone and hoping that Roslin knew what she was doing.

Principles are a great thing to have, and like I said I admire Lee for having them and standing up for them and I even agree with them in our real life setting, but the people on BSG live in a very different reality. If General John Abizaid or General George Casey over threw President Bush today, I’d want to hang them from the highest tree, and I respect both of those generals, but I’d consider that action intolerable in our reality, especially since I support the President. But if I’m going to have to chose between supporting the principle of democracy or living through the next day, then I think I’m going to support which ever government provides me with the most actual, physical security and not the one that is more compatible with my ideals and principles, which is why I’d support the military government in BSG and can't support what Lee did, and definintely can't support what it seems like they are about to do.

The military government provides protection against the terrorists (the Cylons). The democratic one does not unless it has access to a military. You don’t negotiate with terrorists, which is the only option that the civilian government would have if the military ceased to exist. That is if the terrorists didn’t blow them up before they ever made it to the negotiating table.
                              IMO always implied.

Comment

Working...
                              X