• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fragged (203)

Visit the Episode GuideGALACTICA SEASON TWO
    FRAGGED
    EPISODE NUMBER - 203

As Commander Adama lies near death, Colonel Tigh must face the civilian government -- who fear the commander was instigating a coup by arresting President Roslin.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 25 April 2011, 05:04 PM.

So Fragged turned out to be a GOOD episode, I'm happy with that!

*Crazy Roslin. Scary to see her like that, but I still love her!
    *Everything on Kobol was just wow
    *FINALLY a ship is sent to Kobol's aid and they made it without being killed by those damn toasters
    *I thinK Crashdown went nuts and wanted to do the plan because he has Socinus and Tarn's deaths on his hand - so it was he who turned on them? Or Cally for not doing it?
    *Baltar shooting Crashdown, I was shocked, like
    *Tigh! The frakker! I am so sick of him! Dismantling the Quorum of 12, martial law, and drunk as usual...at least Dee knew
    *Ellen Tigh...what was she doing going to see Roslin...not cool at all, something up her sleeve. She's an evil manipulative Cylon-wannabe who wants Tigh in control of the fleet and Adama dead
    *Adama will pull through (of course!)
    *AND FINALLY! Roslin's little thing at the end about her being the leader, admitting her breast cancer to the Quorum and Tigh...I love her!
    EDIT *I completely forgot about Number Six and her talk with Baltar..God has abandonded Kobol and he needs to be a man...so her definition of a man is someone who can murder? Considering we did invent murder per say and taught it to the Cylons (our children? I don't like hearing that)...OH! And he admitted it without the coercion of Number Six...he is an Instrument of God

I was sad there was no Helo/Starbuck on Caprica. A shame. Nontheless, 9/10 for sure. Next week: Resistance, which I really am looking forward to!!
    Last edited by Lt. Elliot; 29 July 2005, 07:47 PM.

Comment

This episode was amazing. When President Roslin told them all that she was the dying leader... that was such an incredible moment. Absolutely amazing, very inspiring. And it makes me happy to know that all the people are behind her- from what I can tell from the previews of the next episode, I suppose that's going to be thrown into sharp relief. Everyone's going to be behind the President. After all- who wouldn't want to go to Earth? Earth is pretty schnazzy, I gotta say.

I wonder what was up with Crashdown, though? Was he a Cylon, or was he just... screwed up? Why would he point the gun at Cally? I thought he liked her! Could he have been THAT MAD that she wasn't listening to him?

Lt. Elliot you're right- it was sad, no Helo or Starbuck! But I have a feeling we'll be seeing plenty of them next week. Mmhmm! Can't fricking wait!

http://bsgmedia.org/

Comment

I predicted Crashdown was the one who would turn against the others, and I was right! And I'm glad Baltar killed him.
        sigpic

Comment

okay it was official... i was totally insultin' tigh for his bein' such an arrogant. SOB.. he had no damned right to declare martial law like he did, course i think he was just a bit drunk when he declared martial law too.

next weeks looks good.
          sigpic

Comment

I saw that Crashdown was losing it, and I got that Six meant murder when she told Baltar to become a man, but somehow I didn't connect the two and was totally blown away when Baltar killed Crashdown. That got my attention and pulled it to the end -- I was ready to believe that the medic was dead, Cally was dead, the Chief was going to die...

Then, of course, the stuff on Galactica. I love Billy's conflict between his skepticism for religion and his loyalty to the President. Ellen Tigh is such a nice woman to hate; with Baltar getting into religion now, the show was missing a character who is completely selfish. Poor Colonel Tigh, though. He really tries, but he's just in over his head.

I didn't even realize there was no Starbuck/Helo (not to mention Boomer) until about fifteen minutes after the episode ended, so kudos for that.
            aka Nur-ab-sal

"It's not enough to survive. One has to be worthy of survival." -- William Adama

Comment

Yeah, Tigh was really, really off-kilter. He told Adama that he'd "really frakked things up" for him, and then he went off... and frakked things up more. Very logical of him. Hmph. And so much for it being ADAMA's ship- at the end, remember he said something along the lines of "get them the hell off of my ship!" Hmmmm... he needs a good biotchslap, I think.

http://bsgmedia.org/

Comment

yes that was wrong of him to do that... it sure as hell ain't his (tigh's ) ship til the old man dies.

yes, 'get then the hell of of my ship' indeed... he needs to clear his head of the damned alochol thats hazin' his clear thinkin'
                sigpic

Comment

A few things...

I think Crashdown was going crazy becayse he probably things it was hi fault the two people died because he refused to check the med kits before they left. And he didn't want to lose anyone else due to Kally not following orders. I also think he was just a bad leader who couldm't handle the job.

Was Roslin going insane because of the pain of the cancer causing her to not be able to think or was it the Kamala's side effects? I tend to think the former because didn't she want more Kamala to stop the pain?

I think what caused to Tigh to come crumbling down and give in to drinking was being told that Adama was getting worse and he being told by Doc Codle that he might not make it. He just went through a bording then, what he thought was an Adama that was going to pull through, starts to get worse and no one reasurred him he would pull through, unlike the medic on the first surgery who was optomistic. Then because of the drinking his behaviors becomes odder and odder until he finally loses controll of the situation and himself and makes the worse decision to delcare matial law.

I'm guessing from the Raptor saving the survivors on Kobol is that they do infact have some sort of armarment such as a missle or two.
                  Signature oversized: Click to view.

Comment

Oh, and where's the podcast? I REALLY want to listen to it.

Comment

Ah, here is the thread!

I don't think this episode is as enjoyable as the previous two (dodging flying objects ), but it was a good one nonetheless.

My respect for Tyrol grows with each passing week. He knew Crashdown was not qualified for command but showed the respect due to his rank nonetheless. He made the appropriate command decisions, once in the position, and was willing to sacrifice his own life to draw enemy fires away from the others. Though I don't quite understand why he covered up for Baltar at the end, somehow it was consistent with his characterization. Recall his steadfast refusal to reveal Boomer's secret -- perhaps it had been more than his love of her at play there.

Baltar's experience on Kobol will surely make him a much more formidable foe. He had never fired a gun before, and the idea of taking lives obviously repulsed him. Yet he was the only one who pulled the trigger on his own people (because, frankly, I doubt Crashdown would have pulled the trigger on Cally, as crazed as he seemed). What he did probably saved all of their lives, but I suspect the only one on his mind was his own. I never thought he had that much "guts" in him -- don't know if I should be pleasantly surprised or seriously disturbed.

Tigh is just as inept as everyone suspected when it comes to civillian affairs, and it was extremely sad to watch an otherwise good man's descension. I truly believe that he had no design on power and would like to run things exactly the way Adama would have wanted it. But he was driven by fear (and Lady MacBeth) and his declaration of Martial Law was an act of pure desparation. At the end, Tigh did exactly what he knew he shouldn't do -- declare Martial Law and sinking further into alcoholism.

And speaking of Tigh's alcoholism, I thought it made a nice contrast to Roslin's dependency on Kalmala (sp??). In a way, I don't know which is worse -- a military dictatorship run by an alcoholic, or a theocracy led by an addict. Either way one looks at it, the rag-tag fleet is truly fracked.
                      Last edited by Liebestraume; 29 July 2005, 10:54 PM.
                      In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane. ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

Maybe part of Six's plan for Baltar was get him to become a man and shoot someone so that, because Adama has been shown as the main adversary to him, when the time comes, he can kill him and it wont be as hard since he has already killed.

Comment

This episode blew my mind, best one this season which goes to show that you can make a great show even better. It was well written, tight and focused, there wasnt a dull moment. These last few episodes have really fleshed out the characters a lot and given them much more depth and as usual moving the story on by giving us something else to think about

I did'nt even notice there was no Starbuck until afterwards

Nice to see Racetrack in the cockpit again, she looks great in a flightsuit

Doc Cottle, what a great character he plays

Roslin was going nuts because of the withdrawel symptoms of the Chamalla and Mary acted those scenes so well.
                          Last edited by Blade Runner; 30 July 2005, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Great episode! This show just keeps on getting better, I can't wait to see what happens next (I'm trying to remain spoiler free so I don't read the episode guides for BSG if I can help it).

Comment

I didn't think this episode was as good as the first two either Liebestraume. No tomatoes from me.

But - there were plenty of highlights.

*Tigh. Egads, is there anything worse than an alcoholic military dictator? Great character though.

*Kobol. The scenes on Kobol were the highlight of the episode. I always liked Tyrol and I'm so glad to see Aaron Douglas getting some meaty scenes. I just love him. Great stuff with Crashdown, Tyrol, Callie, Baltar, etc. I knew Crashdown was going down just didn't know how it was going to happen. I really love the realism they add in for these scenes. The officer who really shouldn't be an officer, the scared and inexperienced soldiers, the hero who should be in charge but isnt. Interesting that there's as much characterization for all the periphery characters on this show as there is for major characters on other shows.

*Baltar. Very intriguing. He seemed to be turning a corner here and accepting his responsibility has an "instrument of God". I suspect we're going to be seeing some interesting developments coming up for him.

*Roslin. Surprising, but ultimately very canny, move she made to disclose her illness to the press. That is going to reinforce her position as a sort of "joan of arc" for the people. I think she's going to be a major force to reckon with.

*Adama. Well he just needs to wake up, doesn't he? Can't wait to see what he makes of everything going on with Tigh, Roslin, Lee, etc.

Missed seeing Kara and Helo. Hope they're back next week.

You know - even a subpar episode of BSG still rocks. Best show of the night.
                              Last edited by keshou; 30 July 2005, 07:41 AM.
                              Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Working...
                              X