Trinity (206)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by derrickh
    The idea that Teyla is attracted to 'dangerous' men (aka abusive) is based solely on whats been shown on screen. Her current boyfriend has 1. Tied her up 2. Kidnapped her. 3. Beat her up using a cheap shot during 'training'. 4. Ended negotiations with a knife. 5. Killed a man in cold blood after lying to her.
    Um... those first two items, are you talking about Runner? Because Dex tied up and essentially kidnapped her AND Shep... so does that make John the back up boytoy when Teyla's unavailable? Seriously... because there's no more romantic relationship between Teyla and Ronan than there is between Ronan and John. Whatever interaction she and Ronan share at the moment is tenative friends and two strangers in a strange land really. As for point 3, he would have taken the cheap shot regardless of who he was fighting.... all that time spent doing anything to survive would probably do that to a person. This also applies to point 5 as he'd have used anyone available to get to the traitor, Teyla just happened to be the one used this time.

I'd have to see a lot more of her knuckling under to him to consider the battered woman idea. As of right now, can't say that there's enough there to support it in my opinion.

Comment

The whole "Teyla is a suffering from battered woman syndrome" is really the most ridiculous thing I ever heard. I've spent years studying this kind of thing in women studies and I can tell you there are no parallels what-so-ever. I've worked with women and heard their stories of being abused.. To suggest something so outlandish is both ignorant and laughable.

Love the Lorne | The F.O.R.D shall rule the earth.... | Fly boys do it in the air
      Quirk - The Paul McGillion fanlisting | Grace - The Rachel Luttrell fanlisting

Comment

Meh. I found this episode to be somewhat contrived and forced.

Obligatory Spoiler:

Spoiler:
        I really don't believe that MacKay would be that dumb. "Hey, I know, we'll run it at only 50% next time! That's still the power of a dozen ZPMs!" I mean, I didn't even realize that they were running it at 100% before that. Hey Rodney, you ever hear of baby steps? Do you really need to start off right away by running your equiptment at a dozen times more powerful than the most powerful energy source known to man?

I also have a hard time believing that Weir wouldn't order John to order Rodney to abort and look over the data once Zelenka came in with his report. Seriously guys, what's the rush? You can't wait a few days to look over new data before running an experiment that the smartest people in the universe could do? And yes, I realize that the whole idea was Rodney's arrogance, but there's a fine, fine line between arrogance and insane. Guess which side Rodney was on?

Finally, they make mention of having back and forth conversations between Earth and SGA. (The military is interested in this new tech, the scientists next of kin have been notified, etc.).

Now, how exactly is this possible? Do they just just casually use the ZPM every time they need to send a message back home? If so, than it's kind of a let down to do something like that implied and off screen seeing as how so much attention was given to it last year.

Did the military guy have a chance to go back to Earth and back in the time between when the episode starts and stops? If so, then exactly how much time passed in the episode from beginning to end?

Did the team just use a subspace radio of sorts? If so, then why the heck didn't they have one last year? I don't think they've made any major break throughs in intergalactic communications since the first time they left for Atlantis, so I would have liked it if they actually bothered to explain that.

etc., etc., etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
          The Daedalus was about to withstand quite a few blasts from the Ancient superweapon, that either means that the weapon wasn't nearly as powerful as they made it out to be or that the Daedalus shields are very powerful.
          The Daedalus was able to withstand some weapon blasts, yes,

The problem was, the Daedalus, and the whole freaking solar system, could not withstand the explosion from the overload of the Arcturus.

Little boom vs. something on the order of a small nova.

Big difference.
          ~*~*~*~*~*
          not so ancient

http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style4,...pc-ancient.png
          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg

PLEASE donate to the American Red Cross for Hurricane Disaster Relief ~ My LJ ~ My Disclaimer ~ A Mitch Pileggi Discussion Group

Comment

Originally posted by strivaria
            Um... those first two items, are you talking about Runner? Because Dex tied up and essentially kidnapped her AND Shep... so does that make John the back up boytoy when Teyla's unavailable? Seriously... because there's no more romantic relationship between Teyla and Ronan than there is between Ronan and John. Whatever interaction she and Ronan share at the moment is tenative friends and two strangers in a strange land really. As for point 3, he would have taken the cheap shot regardless of who he was fighting.... all that time spent doing anything to survive would probably do that to a person. This also applies to point 5 as he'd have used anyone available to get to the traitor, Teyla just happened to be the one used this time.

I'd have to see a lot more of her knuckling under to him to consider the battered woman idea. As of right now, can't say that there's enough there to support it in my opinion.
            If Ronon and Sheppard had a nice quiet talk in Shepperd's bedroom after the beating, and if Sheppard and Ronon went shopping together, then you might have a point. But those are things that Teyla did with him. As for them being just friends, I don't think I'm the only one seeing the path that this relationship is taking. The guy in the bar picked up on it immediatly when they walked in together. People on this board have said they look cute together and have great chemistry. The 'they're just friends' mantra seems like a prelude to 'friends with benefits'.

Your point seems to be that Ronon did those things to Teyla, but he wouldv'e done them to anyone else, too. So, that makes it okay? Really? And because they're in space, that excuses his actions, too. When will Ronon have to take resposibility for anything he does and not have people make excuses for him? He tricked Teyla to kill a man, but it's okay because they're in space. He held two team members hostage, but it's okay becuase they're in another galaxy and Ronon had it rough for a few years.

And when does Teyla have to take responsibility for her actions? Ronon undermines her negotiations with a weapon, and she doesnt do more than raise her voice. He Murders a man in cold blood. And she keeps it from the rest of her team. At best, she's an enabler.

Morals are Morals, no matter where you are.

D

Comment

You make some good points. It was a bit contrived and Mckay was definitely bordeing on the insane but I think that's part of the point. As he said he wanted the sacrifice made to be worth it and in his typical way goes way too far. But for clarification. Apparently with the ZPM they have enough power to open a wormhole to Earth if they need to but they can't go through it because the SGC doesn't have the power to send them back. So they can communicate but they can't travel.

The whole point of going was to be able to learn something to help Earth so once they had the power to do so they'd have begun sending back data anyway. I'm guessing it's something of a high priority. If they don't survive, what they learned definitely has to; so eat away at the ZPM if they must.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I don't mind that many people dont agree with me. It makes for good discussion. But to imply that none of the signs are there is what's laughable. I named no less than 5 things that would normally be huge red flags. These weren't interpretations, in fact, many were plot points. Lets go through them, and if something isnt true, then please correct me.

1. Ronon bound Teyla against her will. That happened. Can't get around it.
                Um, he did the same to Sheppard. O noes!!1!! Sheppard must be Ronon's battered boyfriend. What a terrible twisted love triangle!

What happened to Teyla was the same as what happened to Sheppard. It was not motivated by sexual dominance of a man over a woman, but rather a commando-style military tactic and Teyla's gender had zip to do with it.

2. He kidnapped her/held her hostage. Did I misinterpret that part in 'Runner'?
                At that point it was a bartering arrangement - Sheppard comes back with the help he promised, Teyla goes free. I don't think Sheppard would have left Teyla without a strong notion that Dex would not abuse her. By that time they had talked with Dex and seen who he was, what he was. If Dex wanted them dead, or, to say, rape them and torture them, he had plenty of opportunity to do so when he first took them captive. That wasn't what he was about. And Sheppard knows: Teyla can take care of herself.

3. He hit her using a cheap shot during training. Thats a bs move no matter what galaxy you're from. Sheppard called him on it immediately but Teyla 'let it go' him.
                Sheppard practice fights one way, Teyla another, Dex yet another. Sheppard and Teyla had to find common ground for their practice fights, and Teyla and Dex did too. If he had wanted to hurt her, he could have, and Sheppard would have been too late to stop it.

4. He planted a knife in a table during a negotiation for seeds. Seeds. He wasn't even really part of the negotiation.
                True. And that was an act of aggression on Teyla's behalf, not toward Teyla, so I wonder why you would make a statement that so clearly undermines your already flimsy argument.

5. He lied to Teyla, put her life in danger, and killed a man in front of her.
                Yep. He did. And that was an act of aggression toward Teyla how? Uh, not at all. Had Teyla been attacked for his actions, he could have, and I think would have, stopped it.

Dex had his reasons. Which, ultimately, Teyla understood, without fully agreeing with them. Oh, and then? She pulled a knife on him. O noes!!!1! Is Ronan a battered boyfriend? Please, rush to his defense. Please!

Your 'point' such as it is is that Ronon Dex abuses Teyla Emmagan and she puts up with it.

Your point really does fail. And I'm being generous with just calling it a failure because I am quite certain Gateworld's mods were to step in if I said what I really thought of this rubbish.

I'm disturbed by arguments like yours. As a woman, I want issues like rape, battering, inequality, bigotry and oppression to be taken seriously. Every time someone makes a completely crapola argument like yours, and demands to be taken seriously, you just cheapen the realm of discussion so that serious and real problems are treated as more garbage. It's a cry of wolf, and it's really, really not a good thing.

So, please, don't make an outcry on Teyla's behalf. Because she would be the first person to kick your @ss from here to Pegasus and back again if you dared imply she is a weak-willed, emotionally disturbed woman incapable of taking care of herself.

Which of those things didn't happen? I'm actually sugar coating his actions.
                Oh, not much sugar there. I'd say more like venom.

Now, if you knew a woman who was hanging out out with a guy that did those things to her, would you sit back and say, they make a cute couple or they have 'chemistry'?
                I trust a woman like Teyla to take care of herself, and I see no signs that she's broken, unwell, frightened, not making good judgments, lacking self-esteem, lacking other options, lacking resources, or in any way incapable of managing her own life.

She's not sexually involved with Ronon, they don't have kids together, they're not economically tied together, so there's no bond between them other than short term work together as colleagues on Atlantis. If she didn't want to work with him, for any reason, she could simply tell Weir and Sheppard that she preferred assignment to another away team, or to return to her people on Athos, or any number of other options.

What I don't get...what really puzzles me, Is why so many viewers are cutting Ronon so much slack? Is it because he's a hunk? Is it because TPTB say he's a good guy? or are they the ones projecting and seeing stuff that hasnt been shown on screen?
                Oh, I think you're not someone to talk about what hasn't been shown onscreen. Really. You don't want to go there.

SG:A is a tv show. A good one, too. And I don't see any reason to overlook what happens on screen because it doesn't jibe with what some people want to see.
                [mod snip - it's really not on to pschoanalyse other posters on the basis of their opinions of a TV show. cheers.]
                Last edited by Madeleine; 22 August 2005, 03:07 PM.
                ~*~*~*~*~*
                not so ancient

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg

PLEASE donate to the American Red Cross for Hurricane Disaster Relief ~ My LJ ~ My Disclaimer ~ A Mitch Pileggi Discussion Group

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                  I was looking forward to this episode, and as it turns out, I was correct in doing so. This was a great episode.

Best quote:

Weir: You destroyed three quarters of a solar system!
                  McKay: Look. Five sixths...but its not an exact science.
                  Weir: Rodney! Can you Give your ego a rest for one second?!

In fact, the entire scene with Weir yelling at McKay in the background was hillarious.

A pity we never got the power source to work right.

Oh, and I have to mention that I am continually impressed with the quality of the Visual Effects and props/scenery. I always love the cool little computer interfaces. And the Big Bad Zero Point generator looked neat as well.
                  I agree ref the quality of the cg. That first shot when they zoon out of the stargate is fantastic.

Comment

Hmmm, it's hard to get a feel for the episode consensus over here--what with the various debates taking place--but speaking for myself, I enjoyed this episode. Plot holes aside (And hey, this is "Stargate." Be it "SG1" or "Atlantis," it's the same PTB at work, so there are *always* plot holes you can drive a eighteen wheeler through.), I was impressed with this ep for doing two--count 'em, *two*---things I'm not used to seeing these writers attempt:

One: Unity of theme. Both the A plot and the B plot were about friendship, trust, and betrayals of trust. There was an actual parallel being drawn between Sheppard and McKay's long term friendship and Teyla and Dex's newly forming one. Both relationships were dealt blows that could have been fatal. Yet the relationships were saved, thanks to a well-built understanding of each other in one case, and what appears to be Teyla's willingness to cut the new guy some slack in another. Both plot threads were then "pulled" to tie together, with Teyla and Dex arriving just in time to hear Weir chewing McKay out. A very, very nice touch, I thought. It highlighted the connecting theme, without hitting us over the head with that everpresent writing threat, the "anvil of symbolism." Again, very, very nice.

As a result, I'm left feeling that even if the writing wasn't tight in terms of plot, I'm willing to overlook it since it actually containted a true thematic structure--something I don't think I've *ever* seen before with this particular PTB. Thus, I give them points for that. Definite cookie for effort here.

Two (And it's a *BIG* TWO): We actually got to see emotional payoff happen on one of these shows! The final scene between McKay and Sheppard, whether you felt the emotions came across genuinely or not, was a major step for this franchise. Finally, somebody acknowledges that "bad things happened" that should have real, emotional consequences and shows the characters actually concerned about what those results may be. If the apology hadn't been in this ep, I could have accepted it. (Hey, "Atlantis" or no, it's still "Stargate." They never give us this stuff.) But actually seeing it--man, I nearly cheered!

Now, if they can only do that on a consistent basis, and in a way that references prior interactions, I'll feel like there's some actual character arcing going on...*hint, hint, hint*

(Come on, guys, you've properly executed two areas of true writerly skill here. It's time to up the ante and go for three! )
                    "Just smile and wave, boys...Just smile and wave."

Comment

1. Ronon bound Teyla against her will. That happened. Can't get around it.
                      2. He kidnapped her/held her hostage. Did I misinterpret that part in 'Runner'?
                      3. He hit her using a cheap shot during training. Thats a bs move no matter what galaxy you're from. Sheppard called him on it immediately but Teyla 'let it go' him.
                      4. He planted a knife in a table during a negotiation for seeds. Seeds. He wasn't even really part of the negotiation.
                      5. He lied to Teyla, put her life in danger, and killed a man in front of her.

Which of those things didn't happen? I'm actually sugar coating his actions.
                      All of these things did happen but your extreme leap of logic to link them to Teyla acting like a battered woman is the part that is difficult to support. You're really grasping at straws here.

What I don't get...what really puzzles me, Is why so many viewers are cutting Ronon so much slack? Is it because he's a hunk? Is it because TPTB say he's a good guy? or are they the ones projecting and seeing stuff that hasnt been shown on screen?

SG:A is a tv show. A good one, too. And I don't see any reason to overlook what happens on screen because it doesn't jibe with what some people want to see.
                      Projecting and seeing stuff that hasn't been shown on screen? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

From what I've read on the forums so far, no one is really cutting Ronon any slack. We just don't know enough about him yet, good or bad.
                      To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

Oh, I loved this episode! This was such a great character piece for the primary Atlantis team.

As usual, my random ramblings without reading the other comments.

- I loved the exchange between Sheppard, McKay and Zelenka. The fun part was that flyboy Sheppard obviously knew what McKay and Zelenka were talking about. John does the flyboy thing so well, for a second Rodney forgot that John actually does know what Rodney and Radek are talking about. It’s nice to see Sheppard not hiding his intelligence.

- Radek got a haircut. Looks good. Uh, what was that line about Radek having the stomach flu? What was that all about? Inside joke?

- You just knew this new power source wasn’t going to work out because if it did, that would be the end of the series!

- Just as you just knew Collins was a dead man when you saw a scientist we’ve never seen before goes into a closed chamber. I don’t know how many people were lost during the Siege, but we’ve seen more scientists die than military personnel on this show. Since the Siege, we’ve lost 2 scientists on the Daedalus and now Collins. But we haven’t lost any military personnel. Atlantis is not kind to scientists.

- Aw, only one scene with Beckett. Oh, well.

- I loved when Rodney’s voice broke when he said he was going to have to live with Collins’ death for the rest of his life. Those are the little touches that make the characters so real.

- Poor Rodney’s file with Heightmeyer must be the largest she’s ever had to compile. The man has so many issues. You know he feels responsible for the death of every scientist.

- That was a heart-rending speech Rodney gave to John. He is so sure he’s right and he wants so badly to be right that he asks John, as a friend, as someone he respects, to trust him and speak on his behalf to Elizabeth.

- Thank you for the Manhattan Project clue. Now I know why the episode is called Trinity. That was the code name of the first atomic bomb test.

- I loved how Elizabeth and Caldwell are fighting over the issue and John puts in the deciding factor. Not because he believes in the military and scientific value of the new power source. But because he believes in Rodney.

- I appreciate that while Caldwell represents the military mindset, he’s not somebody who’s unthinkingly by the book, the military is the only way. He explains his reasons for his beliefs. He told Weir that of course he wants the weapon, who wouldn’t? But the power source could be used for so much more if proven to be feasible.

- Did Caldwell have too much faith in Rodney, maybe because he saw Rodney help save the day in Intruder?

- Elizabeth is so right about Rodney. Sometimes Rodney does need to be saved from himself. But when John added his support behind Rodney, Elizabeth just couldn’t say no. She should have. She knows Rodney as a person, not just as a scientist. She should have trusted her own feelings.

- “I won’t let you down.” Rodney assures John that his trust wasn’t misplaced. This is not Rodney trying to win the Nobel prize, or saving two galaxies from the Wraith or having a never ending power source. Rodney can’t believe that his science will let him down. It’s not all about the science for Rodney now. Now it’s about John and his faith in Rodney. This is personal.

- What is the rush with the testing? Why can’t Rodney go back and look at what Radek came up with?

- As an engineer, maybe Radek didn’t have the all-consuming faith in physics that Rodney seems to have. Radek went thru the evidence and saw what it meant, even if it went against the known laws of physics. He was more willing to accept something he didn’t understand. Rodney thought he understood the physics and his faith in the order of things couldn’t be shaken. Not even when Radek asked him as a friend, not as a fellow scientist.

- Radek is a very good friend, because Rodney publicly called him stupid in Duet and now in Trinity. But Radek still seems to stand by Rodney. It’s one thing to be berated in the confines of the lab in front of the science team Rodney workds with. He yells at everyone. It's to be expected. But it’s another to be put down in front of a crowd of outsiders who don't see how Rodney treats his team.

- Radek is right, again. In Duet, Rodney had the excuse of having Cadman in his brain distracting him and having him make mistakes in his calculations. This time, Rodney has no one else to blame but himself. Rodney’s view of the universe has just been shaken.

- Why is Rodney so sure with being right here? That he knows more than the Ancients? Although he says that he doesn’t, that he’s taking advantage of hindsight and not having a war over his head lets him see the answer more clearly. Does the way he’s behaving have anything to do with Duet and how out of control he was? Is Rodney trying to show that he is in control, that he doesn’t make mistakes like he did when Cadman was there to distract him? That it was Cadman and not his own inadequacies that led to the mistakes in his calculations?

- Why didn't Elizabeth order Rodney to stop? She heard Radek's evidence. There's no rush to get the test done. Even John had doubts. There was no reason to let Rodney have his way. Rodney would have stopped if Elizabeth had ordered him to.

- The anecdote John had about pilots unable to admit that they’re wrong until it’s too late and they died because they couldn’t see that they were wrong was great. Only John could have gotten thru to Rodney at that point. Thank goodness Rodney finally heard what John was saying. When Rodney realized that what was going to happen was also going to happen to John.

- When Rodney saves the day, he does so in a big way. When he screws up, he destroys a solar system. Isn’t that going to affect the systems around that system?

- Did we need to have the Daedalus save the day? I can see why Caldwell wanted to see for himself how the testing was going to turn out. But did he have to sneak around to do that? Why couldn’t he just say he wanted to see for himself?

- I loved the decision to have Elizabeth yelling at Rodney, but in the background, not right in front of us. I think it would have been too painful to have that right in our faces. It was just like when your mother told you to go to your room because she was going to give your brother a major dress down. She wasn’t going to do it front of you but you heard everything anyway.

- And that speech at the end when Rodney asks John to forgive him. How he apologized to everyone else first but save John to the end because John’s forgiveness is the most important. Rodney had asked John personally to stand by him and Rodney had let John down. If Rodney can’t make it right with John, then what does it matter that he can make it right with everyone else? I almost wanted to cry. David Hewlett is so good!

- And John doesn’t forgive him, not right away. But he tells Rodney, without saying it explicitly, that even with this major screw up, that their friendship is still there. Battered, but it will survive.

- I’m glad we got to see this apology. Because I really wanted to see John apologize to Rodney at the end of Sanctuary, but we didn’t get one. John didn’t trust Rodney in that case, but Rodney obviously got over it.

- How long will it take for the science team to trust Rodney again?

- How long will it take for Elizabeth to trust her own feelings and not give in to John, Rodney, or the double team of John and Rodney? I don’t think we’ll see her make that same mistake again.

- How long will it take for Rodney to trust himself again?

- Rodney builds a nuclear bomb in grade six. He fixes 2 Genii bombs so they can be used against the Wraith hive ships (what ever happened to bomb 2 anyway?). Now Rodney blows up 5/6 of a solar system with an uncontrolled power source. Maybe Rodney should stick with nuclear bombs.

And, oh, yeah, the B story with Ronon and Teyla was good too. More character stuff. But why are we learning so much more about Ronon than we know about John?

- Although Ronon is so much bigger than Teyla, you can see Teyla can hold her own. Teyla is giving Ronon a lot of slack, because he’s been alone and on the run so long, he doesn’t remember how to be a team player, as he must have known when he was in the military. But Teyla let Ronon make his mistakes only once.

- Teyla tells Ronon that the others would not understand his killing. But I think she’s wrong. I think they would. But they would not have condoned it.

- I’m glad having Ronon is giving Teyla so much more to do. It’s great to see her character being fleshed out.

- Interesting to see how much respect Ronon has for Teyla. For everyone, actually. You’d think he’d be a much harder person after being on the run from the Wraith for 7 years. And he’s a military man and all. But Ronon seems remarkable gentle in some ways, unpredictably hard in others.

This episode was about trust and forgiveness. I love the John and Rodney interaction. It’s always great. Ronon and Teyla have an interesting dynamic going. Now we need to have them pull together as a team

Kudos to the actors, writers, directors and the FX team. An outstanding episode.

My kind of guy:
                        "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                        Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                        (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by not so ancient
                          The Daedalus was able to withstand some weapon blasts, yes,

The problem was, the Daedalus, and the whole freaking solar system, could not withstand the explosion from the overload of the Arcturus.

Little boom vs. something on the order of a small nova.

Big difference.
                          It was supposed to be an Ancient superweapon, it took down an entire Wraith fleet plus it was siphoning enough energy from the power source to prevent a catastrophic overload for a significant of time. The fact that the Daedalus was able to withstand some of those weapon blasts suggests that its shields are very powerful.

Comment

If Ronon and Sheppard had a nice quiet talk in Shepperd's bedroom after the beating,and if Sheppard and Ronon went shopping together, then you might have a point.
                            Oh for crying out loud, they were training! If Teyla is the warrior woman TPTB wish to make her than I would expect her to give and take no quarter in a sparring match. That she didn't expect such an underhanded move on Ronan's part bothers me only in that it indicates, to me, that she's maybe gotten a little complacent in her time with the Atlantians.

As for what the rest of your comment is implying, do you mean to say that a single woman and a single male must obviously be in a romantic relationship if they spend time together outside of work?! Wow, then that means I must have had quite the harem... what with being a single chick hanging out with my single male friends in their rooms in the barracks and going out downtown to roam the mall with them.
                            Your point seems to be that Ronon did those things to Teyla, but he wouldv'e done them to anyone else, too. So, that makes it okay? Really?
                            No, you missed my point. I'm not excusing Ronan's behavior in the least; to paraphrase someone's earlier statement, he's a hot-headed loose cannon with anger management issues. But to take that and say he's abusing Teyla is misguided. At most he abused her trust in him but I cannot see anything in the way of physical or emotional abuse towards her.
                            And when does Teyla have to take responsibility for her actions? Ronon undermines her negotiations with a weapon, and she doesnt do more than raise her voice. He Murders a man in cold blood. And she keeps it from the rest of her team. At best, she's an enabler.

Morals are Morals, no matter where you are.

D
                            What was she supposed to do while there at the table, break out the sticks and beat him up? Yes, that's the hallmark of a leader for you - lashing out instead of rational discourse. As for being an enabler by keeping the murder from her teammates, I think she's finally caught on to the fact that the Earth folks are not the wonderous saviours that she first imagined. She's right, Weir and Co. may have taken a less than favorable view of the incident and removed Dex from the team. For Teyla, Dex's actions were quite likely justified considering her reaction to being called a traitor herself. This is Pegasus Galaxy morality at work, not Earth's.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
                              It was supposed to be an Ancient superweapon
                              Um, it was a a new, and incredibly powerful, energy generator, not just a souped up ray gun.
                              ~*~*~*~*~*
                              not so ancient

Comment

I was talking about the superweapon connected to the power source, the one that's supposed to be a ground based version of the satellite weapon except that it has a lot more firepower. Seeing how easily the satellite weapon was able to cut through a Hive ship, it is reasonable to assume that the superweapon connected to the power source would be far more powerful, and the fact that Daedalus was able to take a barrage of hits from the weapon suggests that the Daedalus has very powerful shields.

Comment

Working...
                                X