Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Condemned (205)

Chevron Condemned (205)

Visit the Episode GuideATLANTIS SEASON TWO
    CONDEMNED
    EPISODE NUMBER - 205

The Atlantis team finds a culture that lives in relative safety from the Wraith, because they hand over their criminals to the Wraith -- and crash-land in the volatile penal colony.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    SPOILERS! PHOTOS! AND MORE!
    Last edited by Darren; January 24th, 2007 at 07:07 PM.

Default Re: Condemned (205)

Thats what happens when you deal with the wraith. You get screwed over. But this was an awesome ep.

Lieutenant Colonel warmbeachbrat's Avatar

Was anyone else seriously distracted by that pink-haired wraith's beard clapping when he talked? I'm going to have to watch it again, just to figure out what he said.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3...or/leeanim.gif and Spudster made another neat one http://img452.imageshack.us/img452/3658/lee1ec.gif Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:
    http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...ilightBark.gif

Chief Master Sergeant Infernorhythm's Avatar

Loved this episode! While I rank Duet as the greatest comedy episode of the series, I rank Condemned as the second best episode, with RSF's performance in Runner slightly beating it.

From the neat plot twist in the middle of the episode to the little lines from each character, I was enthralled. We have new enemies in the Allessians, Ronan getting some great lines, making him a sarcastic kind of guy ("Taste's good.") And then of course McKay's reply, "This isn't the time-how good?" This episode made Ronan grow on me a lot, and now I want more flashbacks like in Runner. His new coat was cool.

By far my favorite moment was Shawn the Wraith, as I've dubbed him. He is like Christopher Lee's Dracula. Cultured, politically skilled, and scary. He made me fear the Wraith all over again! Utterly brilliant. I can't wait to see more of him.

Five out of Five.
    Last edited by Infernorhythm; August 12th, 2005 at 08:10 PM.
    Rush rocks.

My thoughts during the episode.

Merrin.... nice name.... hmmm where have I heard that before....LEARNING CURVE
    The guy from DEMONS --- making deals with the badguys again?
    what am i mcgyver ---- I like Mckay in this ep a lot
    Sheppard\dex fighting already? Dex willing to follow orders? --- I like Dex in this ep
    Naturally lazy --- I like Sheppard in this ep.
    Tough Weir -- that was cool.
    Good fight scene -- I like Teyla in this ep.

1 drone agains a cruser???.. we need more drones.
    An SG team caused the distructions of yet another civilization.... good job guys we keep this up and we will be the only ones left. Oh yeah and we let more dangerous criminals loose in the galaxy.... again good job!

Overall I really rather liked the ep, except the ending.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Chief Master Sergeant

Well I sure hope Major Lorne had the foresight to blow up Jumper One before leaving.

The magistrate was played by the same guy that was the preist in "Demon," incidentally.

I loved the team dynamic in this ep. Ronon fits in great. The McShep was back in full force. I liked the Wraith dude muchly. It was nice seeing Weir go off world. I loved Shep trying to break the tree branch and seeing him doing some street style fighting. Shep style.

Loved Shep calling ronon Chewie and the dynamic between Shep and Ronon.

I hated the ending. Too fast. But watching them all dive through the gate had me rolling.

Biggest complaint is..the so called bad guy dude/inmate was so not scary. Threats and all...not scary. From spoilers I expected someone really BIG AND BAD. And I would have preferred to see the team on the run and hunted and such. But at least this was about the TEam.

And on a shallow note. Shep dressed down to his tight black shirt? Nice pecs. Now if he'd just wear the right sized pants. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Infernorhythm
    We have new enemies in the Allessians
    I would be very surprised if we see the Alesians again.
    aka Nur-ab-sal

"It's not enough to survive. One has to be worthy of survival." -- William Adama

good episode overall

nice to see Dr Weir off world again

Ronon getting shot through the leg..OUCH and yet he was still able to walk/run ok..... liked him in this episode

and the chewie comment had me laugthing

I enjoyed this episode as much as Sg1 this week so 4/5 for me

This episode has tought me 2 things:

1. Wraith Cruisers are awesome. Not only do they look sweet, but they can enter atmoshpheres AND survive an ancient drone hit in their belly. Tough little ships. They also have pretty cool albeit light rapid fire weapons. Judging by the lack of darts i would guess they do not carry them though. So i am guessing these things are strictly for blowing stuff up.

2. Wraith can indeed have interesting personalities. The Wraith in this episode seemed to enjoy the mind games he was playing. Also, a Wraith as a dinner guest? Talk about an uncomfortable situation! I hope we see this guy (and his cruisers) again.

Chief Master Sergeant Infernorhythm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redwall
    I would be very surprised if we see the Alesians again.
    I'm only going by what the spoilers for Condemned said. A new human enemy.

Glad to others are digging on the Dracula-esque Shawn the Wraith. He rocked.

Yeah the "Chewie" line and Sheppard's attempt to break the branch was brillaint.

Hmmm... interesting ep. Great McKay stuff, interesting exposition on his character from Leader Dude and Crazy Scientist.

LMAO at Shep hurting his leg trying to break that stick. Nice to see a touch of realism in the show.

Lorne KICKED ASS!! LOVE him!! More, more, more. Quiet but effective force and such a lovely snarl. And he can fly a jumper! Bonus!

Weir was great, too, IMO. Forceful and decisive and not annoying at all. And LORNE! WOO! Heh. Sorry, had to get that in there again.

Interesting stuff from Ronon, too. Ripping his arms up trying to get free. I like him. More good, if incidental development.

Didn't like the Wraith, though. Uglier than usual and he seemed to talk funny.

Did anyone notice how off the sound was? The music was louder then the actual dialogue making it really hard to hear what they were saying. Then there was the part in that big hall placed that echoed making it even harder to hear. I hope this is a one time deal with that so I can catch what I missed at the next showing tonight.

But other then that GREAT ep! Loved McKay, Loved Shep, LOVED Lorne, and I even found Weir surprisingly interesting.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3967&dateline=1196580684
Your Current Signature Picture

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!

Stargate: Horizon Concept Artist TechnoWraith's Avatar

Awesome episode!

A Wraith as a dinner guest is just completely outta this world. Just what exactly was Shawn (the Wraith as names by infernorythm) eating, anyway?

And the Wraith Cruisers were great, too.

Oh yeah, can you believe they didn't kill the Wraith this time around? I mean wow. Shawn's got some great personality, and I think he'd make an awesome recurring Wraith. I half expected a cage and dead wraith at the end of the episode.

Oh yes, and WOOHOO to Christian Bocher too! Love him, even if he was all scruffy and ugly and bleah in this ep.

Wonder if we'll hear from him again. I hope so...

Lieutenant Colonel Major Fischer's Avatar

I think the Alesians are probably dead now, I doubt any of them survived the culling that followed the episode. In general I liked the episode, observations are at random follow.

1) Enjoyed Weir and Lorne togeather, they made a great team. I do wish they'd saved Marin on the way out, kind looked like she helped them and than got left to be culled.

2) Giggled when Sheppard tried to break the branch (small tree... did you see how thick that was) and hurt himself.

3) Had the feeling this episode ran over time. The ending was too abrupt and the last shot over acted and over dramatic.

Anyone else think one of those cruisers would make a great opponent for the Daedalus? I sense a warship grudgematch in our future..

Stargate: Horizon Concept Artist TechnoWraith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tain
    Anyone else think one of those cruisers would make a great opponent for the Daedalus? I sense a warship grudgematch in our future..
    I was thinking more like Hiveship vs. Daedalus. but a Cruiser could probably hold it's own against the Daedalus. Especially if it can easily jam the transporter system on the Daedalus and prevent it from beaming nukes all over the place.

Thumbs up Re: Condemned (205)

Exceptional ep!

The new Team is gellin' and I like it. Ronon's spiffed up and even throws out some convincing lines. Of course he shines in hand to hand. I liked the fight scene with all three (but would loved to have seen Ford there); they all looked mighty good. Neat, when Shep told the Allessian leader their cover story of Atlantis being destroyed; boy was that a prudent move!

And BHOO-LYA Dr. "you-ain't-THAT-bad" Weir! This civilian can shoot from the lip and backup even double-dealing Wraith-traitors. Wonder what she'd do with a weapon in her hands! Nice set up, with Loren and his team backing behind her. Rodney was on the mark tonight; angst but not irritating. I didn't buy the island leader's too accurate reading of Rodney's character, though. Kolya just shot people or skinned them (in Rodney's case), not jawed and hem-hawwed big and bad.

And what a plot twist! Well done, that the Allessians had a lot of skeletons in their closets, so to speak. Brrrrr. What a cold deal for innocent or guilty. And how weird is that, watching a Wraith eating solid food! I nearly croaked as he "savored" the wine, and chatted about "the finer things." Another peek at a level of Wraith society; hope there will be more. That Wraith cruiser was sweet; how about a peek inside it? And no sweat, IMO, that the lone drone damaged (not destroyed) it. Apparently their ship either has weak shields or none. The ending left a sour taste; there were doubtless more innocents culled in the city than would have been on the island, including the Allessian with the conscience who presumably was on her way to join the prisoners. Some nightmares and/or guilt for the team?

All in all, a good, entertaining hour. Keep it up, Sci-Fi!

Just sayin'.
    MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!

Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Chief Master Sergeant

There we go. Unfairly condemned prisoners who were exploited and screwed over by a government that seemed good at first flying through the gate by the seat of their pants while a ship fires at them from overhead and stuff explodes all around them. THAT'S the original spirit of Stargate, not this Ori junk!

Great episode.

Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast