Condemned (205)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redwall
    I would be very surprised if we see the Alesians again.
    Depends on whether they just take the magistrate and he's replaced with another magistrate or they cull the entire planet

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      Didn't like the Wraith, though. Uglier than usual and he seemed to talk funny.
      Well, he had been drinking wine, maybe he was talking funny because he had too much to drink?

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
        TPTB mention in an early spoiler for 'Condemned' that this episode was going to introduce some new human enemies for Atlantis. I think they ment that head prisoner guy is going to be a long standing villian...at least in a couple more ep.s like Koya.
        The spoilers for the ep on gateworld mentioned a recurring villain. Perhaps they meant the wraith to be recurring before James left the show.

If they meant human enemies, it'll probably be survivors from the culling (if it was even culled) of Olesia and not the prisoners. Perhaps the planet was culled and the wraith decided to leave to magistrate behind to agonise over what he's done to his people

Comment

Originally posted by sparklegem
          This is the third jumper they've lost, right? How many do you think Atlantis has? We're burning through advanced tech ships pretty fast.
          In Coup D'Etat Chief O'Brien demanded ten puddle jumpers in exchange for the safe return the Atlantis team.

I assume they have a lot more than ten puddle jumpers, Atlantis is a big city (well in Pegasus galaxy terms) and I assume the PJs were the equivalent of a ST shuttle craft or an Earth car (they're the smallest mode of transport for Atlantis) and cities on Earth have a lot of cars.

Have they even explored all of the city yet? There could be a lot more PJs waiting to be found

Comment

SG1 season 10
            Spoiler:
            In The Pegasus Project, Elizabeth says they've explored just over half of the city. They still have a long way to go.
            SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Originally posted by derrickh
              He didn't help any innocent people. Those people were tried and convicted of heinous crimes by thier society. Remember, the false arrests didn't start happening until Weir showed up. Everyone on that island was a top level bad guy.
              Not true, (from Gateworld's page on the episode) Eldon tells of how the success of Olesia's disobedience policy has dropped the numbers of prisoners significantly. In response, they have lowered the bar to keep the feeding population adequately high. (i.e. you can get sent to the penal colony for relatively minor crimes), therefore a lot of the criminals could be there for minor crimes

Whilst the leader of the prisoners is a murderer, Eldon has not killed anyone.

Comment

I thought "Condemned" was a superb episode. Really, every episode I've seen of Season 2 so far has been excellent.

In this one, my respect for Dr. Weir shot up several notches when she dealt with that official after finding out what was going on.

And when that same official saw that Wraith Cruiser approach at the end...
                sigpic
                "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

I've rewatched this episode recently and I am wondering if anyone knows what happened to Eldon after this episode?

I've checked IMDB and the actor only did that one episode, so I am curious to know if the character was referenced again.
                  Last edited by SaberBlade; 01 November 2006, 12:24 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                    I've rewatched this episode recently and I am wondering if anyone knows what happened to Eldon after this episode?

I've checked IMDB and the actor only did that one episode, so I am curious to know if the character was referenced again.

If he isn't, it's always possible that he could be (referenced or appear) in a future episode.
                    sigpic
                    "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:

Comment

That's really doubtful.

If they didn't mention him in the first to say third episode after Condemned then chances are he'll never be mentioned again.

sigpic

Comment

Never know. They didn't mention Thor again until a nearly whole season after the first mentioning. Of course, Thor was a little more important.

Maybe they'll be a book.
                        sigpic

My Books:

Comment

Doubt that
                          sigpic
                          Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Like I said, never know.
                            sigpic

My Books:

Comment

Just saw this episode, in fact I fianlly just starting to watch season 2. I don't know why try takes so long for season 2 to air in Canada unless it is and I'm just not getting the channel.

Good episode. I loved Rodney as ususal. I'm kind of missing Teyla thought, I want to know more about her. I'm liking Ronan more and more I loved the MacGyve(Sp) quote from Rodney and I loved John trying to break the sticks with his knee like Teyla but can't. That's so true to to life, you see somethign cool that looks easy so you try and hurt yourself just like John did. Believe me I've tried that a few times in my life LOL.

The Wraith villien was creppy but I've seen creepier. It was seeing him eat that creepied me out.
                              Ben Browder on who'd win a fight, Mitchell or Critchon..."Cameron would have the upper hand until Aeryn kicked his ass."

Comment

Originally posted by angelfire east View Post
                                Just saw this episode, in fact I fianlly just starting to watch season 2. I don't know why try takes so long for season 2 to air in Canada unless it is and I'm just not getting the channel.

Good episode. I loved Rodney as ususal. I'm kind of missing Teyla thought, I want to know more about her. I'm liking Ronan more and more I loved the MacGyve(Sp) quote from Rodney and I loved John trying to break the sticks with his knee like Teyla but can't. That's so true to to life, you see somethign cool that looks easy so you try and hurt yourself just like John did. Believe me I've tried that a few times in my life LOL.

The Wraith villien was creppy but I've seen creepier. It was seeing him eat that creepied me out.
                                Lol, just saw the episode for the first time as well. It is airing on a decent timeframe in Canada, but you have to buy the movie channel/network package to get it, otherwise we wait roughly fifteen-sixteen months after sci-fi airs it.

So far I'm finding Ronan to be very.....bland. But I missed Duet , so I have no idea what happened with his character there.

Love Rodney as usual, "Why does he look at me" when Shep says to be quiet. And of course the Maguyver comment, and the truing to break teh stick moemtns were great as well.

Sadly as soon as it was said that Eldon was coming back to Atlantis I had a pretty good idea that we wouldn't be seeing him again anyway.....I wish that they would resolve these things and bring those characters back when they do that.....

Comment

Working...
                                X