No announcement yet.

Duet (204)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This episode is my least favourite of the series.

I don't find it funny, just really uncomfortable. I guess I just find controlling someone else's body against their will to be creepy.

Like, imagine waking up wearing different clothes finding out someone else had change you out of them when you were sleeping (okay Daniel did that, but those were different circumstances).

Cadman doesn't act human at all and I end up wanting to see her have some sort of com-uppings, but there's nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by coolcatkim22 View Post
      This episode is my least favourite of the series.
      You must really like the Irr-episodes or the green one in season 5 then.

I don't find it funny, just really uncomfortable. I guess I just find controlling someone else's body against their will to be creepy.
      Nope, not the Irr-episodes either.

Like, imagine waking up wearing different clothes finding out someone else had change you out of them when you were sleeping (okay Daniel did that, but those were different circumstances).
      When did Daniel do that?
      Can't remember this.

Cadman doesn't act human at all and I end up wanting to see her have some sort of com-uppings, but there's nothing.
      If the situation had been reversed and it was Rodney in Cadman's body -- would your reaction have been the same?
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        When did Daniel do that?
        Can't remember this.
        There was an episode when Vala tried to commandeer their ship. She was dressed as an Anubis soldier. I don't remember the name of the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Quantumentanglement View Post
          There was an episode when Vala tried to commandeer their ship. She was dressed as an Anubis soldier. I don't remember the name of the episode.
          Oh dear... that doesn't ring any bells.
          Guess that rewatch I was doing should continue at once.

Comment

The one I am referring to is called 'Prometheus Unbound' in season 8. Although, I am not sure if that is the same one 'coolcatkim22' is referencing.

Comment

Yup, definitely have to continue that rewatch.
              I got stuck at Heroes so maybe I should just skip that one and move on.

Comment

You must really like the Irr-episodes or the green one in season 5 then.

Nope, not the Irr-episodes either.

When did Daniel do that?
                Can't remember this.

If the situation had been reversed and it was Rodney in Cadman's body -- would your reaction have been the same?
                Don't know what episodes you're referring to.

Yes, I was referring to Prometheus Unbound.

Of course, if the roles were reserved and Rodney did the same things I would have the same reaction.

Comment

Don't know what episodes you're referring to.
                  Irresistable and Irresponsible in season 4, and pff... darn what was that episode's name again in season 5, the one where Bill Nye and Neil Degrasse-Tyson make an appearance (whom I had no clue who they were up until that point).

Comment

The irrs were in S3
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      The irrs were in S3
                      DO'H!! That's right... Ah well...

Comment

Irresistable and Irresponsible in season 4, and pff... darn what was that episode's name again in season 5, the one where Bill Nye and Neil Degrasse-Tyson make an appearance (whom I had no clue who they were up until that point).
                        Brainstorm is that ep where Bill and Neil show up.. And it's nothing to do with bodyswapping or the like..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                          Brainstorm is that ep where Bill and Neil show up.. And it's nothing to do with bodyswapping or the like..
                          Brainstorm -- that's the one. Nope, it isn't about bodyswapping but maybe that would have made it interesting.

Comment

Oh. I liked those episodes.

'Irresistible' could have been uncomfortable but it wasn't, because the difference between it and 'Duet' is that in one Lucius is the clearly the bad guy whist Cadman is not.
                            We're not suppose to like Lucius or feel good he's manipulating the people in the town for his own selfish reasons. The joke comes from how silly the members of the crew are acting under his influence and how seriously they take is ridiculous stories and remarks.
                            Unlike in Duet we're suppose to be on Cadman's side. The jokes comes from, I guess, seeing how annoying Cadman is and Rodney being the straight man to her shenanigans. However, it fails (for me at least) because we're also suppose to sympathize with Cadman and I don't. I know if I was Rodney I would be freaked out someone else was controlling my body, especially if they made me do something I did not want to do (go on a date, kiss a co-worker, etc). Her motivation isn't even laudable because it boils down to "I know what's best for you" which is just evil.

Irresponsible was good. Again, Lucius was the bad guy and nobody was actually being control this time. I have no problems with Brainstorm. Was it a good episode? Eh.... But it didn't make me angry which is the main problem I have with this episode.

Comment

No, everything about manipulative Lucius is far from funny or meant as a joke. If that was the idea, they failed miserably.

Comment

No, everything about manipulative Lucius is far from funny or meant as a joke. If that was the idea, they failed miserably.
                                You couldn't be more right about this, he was so annoying to me

But the idea for Duet, I found funny even if it left quite some questions open

Comment

Working...
                                X