• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duet (204)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE ATLANTIS - SEASON TWO
    EPISODE NUMBER - 204

A run-in with a Wraith Dart leaves the consciousness of a precocious Atlantis security officer trapped in Dr. McKay's mind.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 07:59 PM.

This episode was GREAT IMO

I enjoyed it ALOT more than SG1 this week

Mckay made me crack up... and Dr Becketts expression when ''Mckay'' kissed him was hilarious....

I was a bit worried about this episode from the spoilers I read but it was much better than what I expected.

And David Hewlett's acting was GREAT as well in this episode
    Last edited by kharn the betrayer; 05 August 2005, 06:13 PM.

Comment

I liked this ep.

Mckay was back to himself.
      Got lots of Beckett
      Got lots of Zelenka
      Oddly we got the exact same amount of Ronan as was in the previews.... their previews appear to have been made up of every Ronan scene and thats it.. funny.

I liked Shep a lot in this ep. I liked Wier a lot in this ep. And I wouldnt mind seeing Cadman again she did a really good job.

I think I may have liked this better then SG-1 this week. I will need to re-watch both to know for sure.
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I LOVE Martin Gero! I love him, I love him, how could I possibly ever have doubted him and his supreme brilliance at blending humor and drama?

If more of TPTB were like Martin, SG-1 wouldn't be the shambles that, IMO, it is.

But I'll try and save the Martin-gushing for the appreciation thread I started.

This ep was frackin' awesome. Heaps and gobs of good, snarky humor, a fantastic flexing of... talent... by David Hewlett (although his nekkid scene was too damn covered for my tastes) and even some drama thrown in.

McKAY IS BACK! Praise the gods!

And Lorne was back. Yay! And he had a ROCKET LAUNCHER! YAY!

This could have come off as incredibly silly or even stupid, but the elements were SO well blended and the characters so well acted that it actually worked.

Loved Zelenka, too. In fact, I don't think there was a thing about this ep that I didn't like.

I'll have to come back when I can concentrate. As WONDERFUL as this ep was (faith fully restored), BSG is on now.

Divided loyalties strike again.

Comment

Good episode. That being said....

I feel so sorry for Zelenka. How's a guy supposed to keep his confidence up when he's constantly being berated by loud mouthed McKay. Mckay really has a nasty habit of yelling everything... a little toning down is in order although this was better than in the previous episode. But Zelenka is such a sweethert, it's amazing how anyone could be that mean to him.

I'm really warming up to Ronan. I like a man of few words. Honestly, why yammer on when you can cut it down to a word or two.

And when are they going to give Teyla more than a minute or two of being useful and productive on screen? I have yet to develop a real opinion on her one way or the other. I'm inclined to be positive about her but I'd really enjoy some more reasons to be.

I also wouldn't mind seeing more of the psychologist in the future. Nice lady.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
            Good episode. That being said....

I feel so sorry for Zelenka. How's a guy supposed to keep his confidence up when he's constantly being berated by loud mouthed McKay. Mckay really has a nasty habit of yelling everything... a little toning down is in order although this was better than in the previous episode. But Zelenka is such a sweethert, it's amazing how anyone could be that mean to him.

I'm really warming up to Ronan. I like a man of few words. Honestly, why yammer on when you can cut it down to a word or two.

And when are they going to give Teyla more than a minute or two of being useful and productive on screen? I have yet to develop a real opinion on her one way or the other. I'm inclined to be positive about her but I'd really enjoy some more reasons to be.

I also wouldn't mind seeing more of the psychologist in the future. Nice lady.
            Dang I forgot all about Teyla. I thought she did good for what little time she had. I liked the shooting scene at the beginning.
            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

And when are they going to give Teyla more than a minute or two of being useful and productive on screen? I have yet to develop a real opinion on her one way or the other. I'm inclined to be positive about her but I'd really enjoy some more reasons to be

seriously

what was the point of her being there.?

She got her butt whooped by Ronon and talked to him... then she just droped of the face of the planet...

And on the Subject of Ronon.. He grew alittle on me when he went to apologize to Teyla shows that he isnt just a hardass all the time.
              Last edited by kharn the betrayer; 05 August 2005, 06:30 PM.

Comment

My love for Martin Gero knows no bounds. This was a FANTASTIC episode.

Every damn scene hit all the right notes. David Hewlett was brilliant. This is the sort of plot that could have gone horribly wrong, but it didn't. It was a joy to watch. And Hewlett looked good. Mighty good.

We got to see Heightmeyer again! Plus Zelenka had lots to do. I love the sense of teamwork, I love the concern everyone showed for each other--and I absolutely loved Sheppard's "are we good?" scene with McKay. It really underlined the relationship between them.

I was utterly captivated by the McKay storyline, yet I still enjoyed the Ronan moments. He's still a mystery, but I like that--of course someone in his situation would be pretty closed off emotionally. I'm looking forward to getting to know him, and finding out how he interacts with the rest of the team.

I liked Weir's scene with him.

Okay, I liked everything about this ep. And did I mention Hewlett's looking mighty good? Because he is.

Comment

My least fave ep of the year. It had some moments I really liked but served no purpose other than getting the Wraith Dart and it was just a set up for comedy central.

Things I did like. Kate was very cool.
                  Loved Rodney stuff When Cadman was in control of his body. Like visiting Carson and the kiss at the end. Hated the split screen type effect moments with Rodney/Cadman. They just annoyed me.

Loved Loved Loved Zelenka in every scene he was in.
                  I really like Ronon.
                  Loved Ronon and Shep moments. They were funny.
                  Weir's talk with Ronon was hysterical.
                  Loved Shep at the end with Weir. He was so happy that *Mom* is letting him keep his puppy. Big dog..named Ronon. LOL

Loved the Shep and Rodney moment where Shep confessed he ordered the dart shot down and McKay totally understood. And the "We're cool" Thing. That was a great moment with them.

Loved the line "I'm no scientist but those mice used to be a different color"

I really disliked that the woman McKay liked...apparently gets all swoony when Rodney sweet talks her and pulls her into a SWEPT UP Kiss out of an oldtime movie. Blech. As a woman I was rather offended that that Gero is under the impression thats' impressive. It's not. I don't get all swoony over that and I hated that that girl and Cadman were used to impress that women do swoon over something like that. like it's a given. Blech.

But that was the only thing that I hated. Most of it I just was meh about. And the moments I mentioned above I did really enjoy. Still my least fave ep though.

Next week looks to kick some butt and SQUEEE...A TEAM EP!

Comment

This episode was superb, a supreme effort by tptb, how effectively David, was able to portray both Mckay, and Cadman, hilarious, especially when she got Mckay to kiss Beckett, the look on both their faces, Rodney couldn't believe what he had done, all that he could do, was to cover his face in complete disbelief.
                    Zelenka, made the mistake in the first place, but his interactions with Rodney, were extremely funny, there was no Caldwell in this episode, strange since Ronon is there, speaking of Ronon, well done, I liked him, gave him a chance, and it's working. Teyla, she was doing the splits, I loved that part of the episode, of course merely for the intellectual stimulation, so I'll be watching it again. We learned more about Wraith technology, that was a great benefit, in order to best defeat the enemy, you must first know the enemy, and all that, again Cadman, goregous, really that girl was beautiful, and more importantly a fine actress.

Comment

Great ep! Kudos, Martin Gero! Loved McKay, if anyone could have pulled it off it was DH.

Shep was great, so was Elizabeth, and I'm starting to love Ronon. Man of few words.

So where was this from?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                        McKAY IS BACK! Praise the gods!
                        Hallelujah!!!!

I loved this ep - Hewlett was terrific.

Comment

Ha. Funny. But I seriously didn't need to see McKay and Beckett making out.

Anyway.

Anyone else notice that some of the shots of Atlantis didn't look so hot? at 35 minutes, according to my TiVo. Looked like a low poly version of Atlantis. Or could be that the pictures weren't meant to be blown up to 100" ::loves his TV::
                          sigpic

Comment

Of course, Duet was amazing! My expectations were blown through the roof! Haha, thank you Martin Gero!

*McKay/Cadman banter was the best...DH did an amazing job playing both parts as man and woman. Great job!
                            *Good fight scenes with Ronan and Teyla and the other soldiers - too bad there was little Teyla (what little there was included little clothing as well..ridiculous but she is flexible)
                            *Weir/Ronan and Teyla/Ronon and Sheppard/McKay and Cadman/Beckett...all amazing!
                            *Did anyone notice the slip-up (either intentional or by mistake) Weir made while talking to Ronan...she said "Major Sheppard"

Frakkin headache right now and BSG is on, so I shall go. Cannot wait until Condemned next week!

Comment

This episode was good for 2 reasons:

1# Loved how D.H. pulled off the male/female side of the characters. He cracked me up so much.

2# I got to see more of Dr. Zelenka and Beckett

Ronan Dex is not growing on me at all. I'm a little stuffed with the macho-badazz act he plays. Also, the Sheppard "let me keep him" act was just too much for me to stomach. I miss Ford's character so much. I really think the writers should have taken into consideration that his character had so much potential. Maybe it still does. In the meantime I'll skip seconds on Ronan for the time being. Although I always enjoy how Teyla can take a beating and keep on keepin on, I am still waiting to see more of her this season.

Good episode this week. Please bring Ford back!

Comment

Working...
                              X