No announcement yet.

Ex Deus Machina (907)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love that the original name of the episode was "Great Baals of Fire".

Good episode. I do like the Goa'uld Bad Guy episodes better than the Ori ones.
    Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
      The episode was as good as Beachhead, but not better.
      Loved the scene with Prometheus and the Moon.
      The clones were odd, though.
      Agreed with all points

Prometheus beaming up the building, and letting it blow up, was cool.

Tomorrow, I haven't seen it in a while.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
        I love that the original name of the episode was "Great Baals of Fire".
        I bet the entire Ba'al cloning thing was just for the purpose of giving people the opportunity to make "Ba'als" jokes

Comment

Not much to say except that it's awesome to have so many Ba'als.

Beaming the building into space was pretty awesome as well.
          sigpic

Comment

One of my favourite episodes of the season just for the sheer fun of watching Ba'al making himself at home on Earth. He's got the suit, the style and already head of a corporation! One shrewd Goa'uld, if you can't beat the Tau'ri join 'em!

Comment

I love that all his ties are gold. Like he misses his System Lord bling and can't go out without wearing something shiny

Comment

This is a good one because of expanding plot lines from this season and a few story lines and a few from S8. I thought Ba'al hiding on Earth was an interesting storyline. Makes me wonder why some of his clones choose to stay on Earth. What was thier goal of being in charge of the Goa'uld Trust. Its such a pity future episode never explained why Ba'al was hiding on Earth. This was also good for the Teal'c and Gerek rivilary. I always liked these two butting heads with one another because of their two different ideologies. I thought the idea of making the building a naqudah bomb was a great idea. Its too bad the SyFy promo ruined that plot twist for us. On the inverse beaming the whole building into space seems like one of the stupidest conclusions out there. It seem implausable that they could keep that out of the public's nose
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

1. Gerak is dumber than I thought he was.

2. Ah...the Ba'al on Earth plot, missed that first time round.

3. "Ba'al can't be in two places at once". Five seconds later..."yes he can".

4. Still not sure why Teal'c was based off Earth this long but meh...

5. Did anyone catch Ba'al's Earth alias?

Pretty fun ep.
                  I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Great to see Baal again. Garek is going to be a problem. Good, different episode

Comment

I didn't hate or like this episode. I do enjoy Baal and his lady friend was nice on eyes. The B plot was interesting. This seems like a episode I would like but it just didn't grab me. I'm not sure why.

Comment

Ba'al is very handsome being evil or not. Something for my eyes I must admit.
                        Not my favourite ep though.
                        Strange - a building disappears and that's just okay - well, it's gone, okay
                        CARPE DIEM
                        ANJA

Comment

Oh yes, the disappearing building, really hard to believe that no one would notice. However, given how people are wandering around with their eyes on their phones all the time and absorbed with that, who really notices what goes on around them?! The only people who would notice are the ones that turned up for work the next day and wondered why there was no building to go into any more! Anyone who suggests that aliens beamed away the building would be thought of as cranks and people would just say, 'oh well, there must be a logical explanation', or it's that magician at it again!

Comment

Speaking as a Seattleite, I think we'd've noticed if one of the skyscrapers disappeared, if only because of its affect on the view from its neighbors.

Seaboe
                            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Okay, this is the first one to disappoint this season... so yeah, there's Ba'al saving his own skin by hiding out on Earth but there's too much political crap going on with the Jaffa council and Stargate Command and the NID that the plot is not really all that interesting to me.

Garek is just bad news allround. Classic case of the oppressed becoming the oppressor... and everyone else too blind to see it, except maybe Teal'c.

The one cool thing though -- they beamed a building into space! I had no idea the Prometheus could even do that.

How would you rate SG-1's "Ex Deus Machina"?

Excellent
                              Good
                              Fair
                              Poor
                              Terrible
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

This season is still much better and feels fresher than season 8.

I was wondering if the role of Gerak was originally meant for the character of Tolok (Isaac Hayes from "Threads"). It would have been a better connection to previous seasons if a past Jaffa ally turns into an enemy after gaining freedom from the Goa'uld.

And Ba'al is Ba'al. I am guessing he has enjoyed the hospitality of our planet what he has mentioned later to Quetesh in Continuum. So maybe they have ruled over hundreds of planets, but the creative hobbies and fun were developed on the Tauri which will please even a living Goa'uld god.
                                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                                X