• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ex Deus Machina (907)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON NINE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 907

SG-1 must investigate when evidence suggests that there are still Goa'uld hiding on Earth -- including a former System Lord. Tensions between Earth and the Free Jaffa continue to mount.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 09:57 PM.

lol clones????

wasn't it wierd seeing ba'al using his human voice? then his goa'uld voice before they killed a clone.

such a good ep

Comment

Im not feeling the Baal clones. The only clones I like are of the Asgard variety. Oh well, at least they didnt kill Baal he deserves a death as good as apophis.
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Uhh..can't wait to watch the ep

YOu should probably think about putting spoiler tags on this thread before someone b!#$%@s atyou.
        Me on the other hand i don't mind. I figured any mention of baal in the 9th season thread is bound to be a spoiler.

Comment

Hmm...that was a bizzarre twist at the end. I guess they could be clones that have been growth-accelerated, and then they'd have the genetic memory of Baal. This is interesting.

Garrett is an interesting character. I hope more is done with the tension between the Jaffa and the Tauri because the smart thing to do is for them to ally against the Ori.

Mitchell though..he seems to serve no purpose in the plot. He only gets the lines that could be given to anybody, and he doesn't really do anything. He's just kind of there. Mitchell needs to do something!! If he's going to be a half-worthy character. He has as much characterization as Ford did in the first season and as much of a role in the plot.

Comment

Well that was different, cool Ba'als running around. First time Mitchell saved the world (this season) and the team is back. Teal'c was awesome.

Comment

". . .unless you're planning on giving the American public a Stargate primer?"

Oh, man.
              aka Nur-ab-sal

"It's not enough to survive. One has to be worthy of survival." -- William Adama

Comment

As an episode it was strange.... I really don't like Gerak and can't understand how the Jaffa turned their backs on Teal'c and Bratak and allowed somebody as Gerak to be their leader....

Loved the twist at the end, not the clone part, but the last scene with the Clones... great and wonderful Paul/JM...

And as a shipper... I can only say, Woooohooooo!!!!!!!

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

wow. I really loved this episode..!

It was just too cool..! Ba'al on Earth as a multi-cloned businessman... how bizarre..! A rather interesting change in lifestyle... but he actually seems to enjoy it... Then there is that chic..! I'm thinking she must be a Goa'uld too... or something. Having all those Ba'al's around though... must keep her busy...

They actually beamed up a whole building... how cool is that?? Although, I suppose in the grand scheme of things, a building is far less complicated than a living thing.
                  The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                  Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                  http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                  My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                  Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Mmmmm. Will have to think about this one. First impression was it was ok.

1) Teal'c got some lines Yay!!
                    2) Female Jaffa on the counsule and she was cool, not some amazon\spandex wimpfied one either. Yay!!
                    3) Baal was back Yay!!!. He was cloned, uhg ok dont get into clones other then asgard but ok, kinda cheesey but whatever and least Baals still alive. Now he can have a good death later. Yay!!! Plus Garak gets to look like an idiot Yay!!
                    4) BTW Garaks an idiot, boo!! but Im sure SG-1 will get the better of him one of these days Yay!!!
                    5) Patches scene. Kind of cool but a little too understated. but the team is now back YAY!!!
                    6) Sams personal life... still uninteresting to me. But Im sure the shippers are happy with the nod and they can read whatever they want into it.
                    7) you can beam a building? and no one noticed? That is really stretching plausable deniablility or reasonabls suspension of beleif...
                    8) Cincinnati Bengals stink and may have influenced my opinions of this ep.

Overall it was a fair ep. The team is back but Multibaal is kind of stupid but he is pretty for people to look at and hes got a nice voice so I guess theres that.
                    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobthespirit
                      Hmm...that was a bizzarre twist at the end. I guess they could be clones that have been growth-accelerated, and then they'd have the genetic memory of Baal. This is interesting.
                      But the question is do symbiotes clone as well as human host bodies do? Remember the clone killed by Gerak did do the little glowing eyes number... and I'm assuming the "real" Ba'al was the one who walked out of the room to go to bed. But having said that... it was an interesting twist to have that many Ba'als. Quadruple the fun!

Hmmmm.... so Sam's "not exactly" single anymore. (poor hopeful Agent Barrett! ) However I won't be hedging any bets about there ever being any more dialogue explaining those two words in further detail. Not 'til the end of the season, if ever....

Uhhmmmm... a question - in a post-911 world, who's (in that fictional SG Earth) going to buy that a really tall building in a really big city is going to vanish into thin air without debris everywhere after the alleged explosion? Or that amateur astronomers wouldn't have noticed a big explosion in the sky at *exactly* the same time the tall building exploded and put two and two together.
                      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                      My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Haha oh man, that was nuts. Jaffa storming Corporate America...hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by Seastallion
                          It was just too cool..! Ba'al on Earth as a multi-cloned businessman... how bizarre..! A rather interesting change in lifestyle... but he actually seems to enjoy it...
                          *grins*

All the better for his sneaky back-door world domination plans! No need to come blasting your way in when you can gain control through the less obvious methods of finance and business and control of government agencies through the Trusts still-in-place connections! (I mean would Ba'al every truly retire? Although one of those clones {pouring drinks Ba'al} looked *really* casual and laid back... he must be the Ba'al that takes the cool vacations to the tropical islands on the behalf of the rest of the clones.....
                          Last edited by ShimmeringStar; 26 August 2005, 06:11 PM.
                          Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                          My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Pretty good episode. Glad to see Baal didn't go out so easily, at the hands of the Jaffa. It was an interesting twist at the end, too. Definitely unexpected. Now we'll have to kill him a few more times. What's up with Sam not being single, hmmmm? And Mitchell, yay, saved the day finally. I loved the scene leaving the briefing room, with the sg-1 patches. Very cool to see. Can't wait for "Babylon" in two weeks.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I have to rewatch the episode, but I thought it was good; not great, but good.

Although, I know that some are anxious for Mitchell to do more, I think they integrated him better in this episode than in previous episodes. He actually had input and came up with a solution at the end. He will be showcased in the next episode, and I think from there, everything will move along in terms of his character. As a long-time SG-1 fan, I'm glad they didn't cram his character down my throat right off the bat. I think, personally, they've done a good job of easing him into the team. (Although, I'm sure alot of Ben Browder fans feel it was way too slow) Ben's a great actor, and I'm really looking forward to the next episode, I believe it's "Babylon," and Mitchell is going to be front and center.

As for tonight's episode. I liked how the whole team was showcased. Everyone got to participate. I thought it was interesting that Landry kept putting the science twins together, Daniel and Sam, and the two warriors together, Teal'c and Mitchell. That actually made a lot of sense to me.

Loved the "patches" scene. I'll tell ya, I kept trying to see their patches just before that scene to see if it had the "1' on it, and I couldn't tell. Therefore, I was thrilled when Mitchell said, "Wait a minute," and reached into his pocket and pulled out the patches. I thought it was sweet how he sort of asked Sam's permission with the look on his face, then he slapped it on her shoulder, and then sort of held it for a second with a smile and moved on to Teal'c. The whole scene was great.

I'm sure Jack/Sam shippers were happy with the "not really single" part. I've never been a J/S shipper, but I was kinda happy about the nod to Jack.

As for the building disappearing, I agree it was extremely obvious, but at the very end when the reporter is trying to give the low down on the public's reaction, they cut off her explanation. It ended with her referencing a "consipiracy due to the lack of rubble ... " Interesting.

Frankly, I think this episode was all about Gerak and how he has cemented himself as leader of the Jaffa with a very different agenda than Teal'c had intended when he helped free his people. Teal'c was very disappointed at the end, and I felt for him. He spent years trying to free his people, and now that it's happened, they are once again being manipulated by another man out for power, and Teal'c knows this.

So, to sum it up:

Great cast interaction
                              SG-1 officially reunited
                              Sam/Jack probably dating
                              Gerak is definitely in control of the Jaffa; Teal'c not happy
                              Baal has been cloned four times? (I think I saw four)

I give it a 7 out of 10. Babylon looks really good. Ben Browder is going to be great.

Comment

Working...
                              X