X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oddessy? Don't you mean Prometheus. hahah
    sigpic

Comment

This is a good one and not just because the Supergate looks awesome. The actually beating the Ori for once shows a good morale victory for SG-1. Here we are that the Ori constantly beat SG-1 I like this one to show us actually beating the Ori for a change. I especially felt sorry for Vala in this episode. Not because she sacrificed herself to save the galaxy but the fact that no one would take her seriously. I have been in that situation and it is always sad. Top moments goes to the exchange with Nerus. I remember this being the episode where I really liked Landry. I never disliked him but the way he threatens Nerus shows why he was the one qualified to replace Jack.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

1. I didn't think Sam's comeback would be quite like that.

2. Nerus..didn't call him serving the Ori...thought the Goa'uld's ego wouldn't allow them to serve the Ori.

3. Gerak. Well I already knew from S10 that he could be a moron.

4. Impressive stuff from the Ori though.

5. Don't think any offense was meant in the last scene.

Solid ep.
        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
          2. Nerus..didn't call him serving the Ori...thought the Goa'uld's ego wouldn't allow them to serve the Ori.
          He was used to serving other "gods" and in the Ori he found beings that met his definition of proper gods..

Comment

This one was cool - Lots going on. Landry kicked Goa'uld B***, and a super-gate.

Sam back
            And Jackson finally got a shave

Comment

I liked this one. The last scene telling the guy why he would help was great. Hunger.

Comment

Nerus a Goa'uld of many appetites but a bit stupid compared to Landry who seems to become a very convincing general.
                Impressive supergate and Vala, a woman of quick decisions although nobody took her seriously. She will enrich the Ori's lives - good to know she will come back.
                Cowboy-look gone for Jackson - good idea.
                CARPE DIEM
                ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
                  Nerus a Goa'uld of many appetites but a bit stupid compared to Landry who seems to become a very convincing general.
                  Impressive supergate and Vala, a woman of quick decisions although nobody took her seriously. She will enrich the Ori's lives - good to know she will come back.
                  Cowboy-look gone for Jackson - good idea.
                  Personally it would have been fun HAD Landry followed through with his "starve your ass" threat to Nerus.

Comment

Making my way slowly through Season 9 - the Amazon downloads are fantastic quality!

Just saw this ep - man it drew me in all over again. One of the best SG episodes of all time! Loved the Hunger line, the new nuke, the concept of a beachhead and power that the SG universe has never seen before. Still holds up well 12 years after the original airdate

Comment

First episode this season that gets a good instead of an excellent. Possibly because we loose Vala for a while.
                      Oh my goddess, I love that character so much and she works so well with the boys.

Anywho... when did trusting a Goa'uld ever go well?
                      Seriously, am I the only one thinking "TRAAAAP" here?!?

Nice to see Prometheus again.
                      Whatever Gerak's agenda -- it'll probably end in tears.

Vala safes the day, while the rest of SG-1 is still thinking inside the box.
                      That was some intelligent thinking right there, using the scout ship as missing link. A collaborative effort by Vala and Carter.
                      Vala executing the idea while Carter's still thinking about how they're gonna do it.

Gotta say though, supergates are awesome.
                      Even if they get destroyed at the very last second.

How would you rate SG-1's "Beachhead"?

Excellent
                      Good
                      Fair
                      Poor
                      Terrible

********** EDIT ***********

3-episode quiz: The Ties That Bind, The Powers That Be & Beachhead

Jigsaw puzzle: Beachhead
                      Last edited by Falcon Horus; 11 July 2020, 02:18 PM. Reason: Adding quiz and jigsaw links...
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

5:42
                        http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Nerus was named after Nereus :
                          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nereus
                          Just I wish we have heard a little more about the mythological background.

The Beachhead idea is a game changer idea from Brad Wright. I really love the concept how they send throught the elements of a larger stargate to rebuilt a bigger gate on the other side.

The VFX teams were a bit confused size wise as the objects can fly throught the stargate so they can not be bigger than a puddler jumper, but when the Vala's tel'tac has occupied the last remaining position then the complete ship was equal to the block size. Normally a tel'tac is much larger than a Stargate.
                          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                            The VFX teams were a bit confused size wise as the objects can fly throught the stargate so they can not be bigger than a puddler jumper, but when the Vala's tel'tac has occupied the last remaining position then the complete ship was equal to the block size. Normally a tel'tac is much larger than a Stargate.
                            Maybe they were able to unfold themselves, otherwise it would have been quite impossible to fit through the gate.

Comment

https://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/classic/#

So for the fun of it and with the help of NukeMap I decided to try to figure out just how powerful the Mark IV is. Also near as I can tell it calculates the surface detonation as opposed to an air burst which would be accurate to them leaving the Mark IV sitting there. The biggest factor is Mitchell saying that the Mark IV will vaporize everything in a 100 mile radius.

So there are two things I used. One is the fireball and the other is the pressure wave (anything above 20 psi). I don't think the pressure wave should count because while it can wreck a lot of stuff it isn't quite vaporizing. But for argument's sake I'll calculate both.

to get a 98 mi Fireball radius you need 2000000000 kilotons or 2000 gigatons.

for the 95mi 20psi+ pressure wave radius you'll need 200000000 kilotons or 200 gigatons.

a 94mi 4.6 psi pressure radius you'll need 10000000 kilotons or 10 gigatons. This especially I don't think should count cuz not only is 4.6 not vaporizing, it's survivable. The human body needs 20-40 additional psi to be fatal.

A few numbers to crunch. If anyone knows the exact formula to calculate these things, let me know.

sigpic
                              Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
                              https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

That's an interesting thing to calculate...

I can't do the math, I'll just take your word for it.

Puzzle time: 03:32

Comment

Working...
                                X