Beachhead (906)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arative

I think Daniel was truly sorry to see Vala go and he's happy that she didn't die. I know that I'd certainly love to see her become a recurring character. I also loved the line when Vala said not everything she said was inuendo, just a little dig at some people who complained all she talked abou was sex.
    I agree...his life just became a tad less, um...interesting? Entertaining? I mean, being adored can't be that difficult. Can it?

There were a few little digs from Vala, that I think represented a little payback to some of the criticisms, the innuendo line being one of them. I think she also mentioned something about knowing when she wasn't wanted when they were about to walk onto the Stargate, and a few before that.

I also LOL at the part where the "bad guy" (I cannot remember his name but let's call him chicken-lover) looked at Mitchell and started to say "you're not--" and Mitchell responded "nope" then he goes down the line to Vala and pointed out that she wasn't Carter. To me, another, "no, they're not O'Neill and Carter"--funny!

And I am so very glad that the girls didn't catfight or anything stupid. Sam was wary but not nasty, her "back up singer" line playing great off Mitchell's "the band is back together", and Vala actually seemed to respect what Sam had to say, which is very different than how she treated the guys. I suspect Vala has a lot more respect for women than men. I sure would like to see more between these two ladies.

Also, loved Daniel's line about needing to think outside the box. Who was more outside the box than Vala? Oh, and also her comment about the ship--can't remember exactly, but something about yes, she knew, it was the ship she'd stolen.

And even I as a johnny come lately fan appreciated the team going up the rampto the gate..and also loved Vala's sashaying through it, trying to look cool but actually appearing to be quite hurt at the realization that she was definitely not part of this team. It was just a great way to show all the characters without saying anything. Very cool.

Comment

As we patiently wait for Mio's tivo to transfer the files over...I really need to figure out why I'm getting such crappy speeds...

Ah. Here we go.

Edit: Oh. Someone beat me to it. Ah well. As I said...Crappy transfer speeds. The stupid file should have taken like half an hour less than it did to move. I think my ethernet switch is acting up.

Edit Edit: 3 of mine are brighter
      Attached Files
      sigpic

Comment

A very good episode. The whole thing with Nerus ("Chicken! I want more chicken!") in the beginning was hilarious, and the Priors are getting creepier and creepier. I must say, I wasn't really surprised by the shield drawing power from the weapon's fire. I had kept pretty spoiler-free from this ep as well, but I just knew that the Jaffa had to be feeding it.

I must say, however, that I was taken aback by the Super-gate! Although when I first saw it, the first words out of my mouth (at least thirty seconds before Carter said it) was "Oh, wow! They're making a super-gate!"

I'm gonna miss Vala. Despite her crude innuendo, she's a very enjoyable character who I saw as having some real character development potential. I loved that basketball game in the beginning with her. And I think Daniel's life will definitely be a little less interesting now, as well.

Once again, SG-1 makes another killer comeback. Four and 1/2 stars out of five.
        Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Okey doke, my opinion for the beans it's worth. Well, I have fun writing them anyway.

The following are what I scrawled down in my notebook whilst watching and I'll elaborate along side.

Tick tock...Firefly, go away...hmm hmm hmm...la de da da - ah!

Ori - SNORE. Btw, I'm hoping that as an Ori, you get to pick out your own outfits and choice color or makeup because the whole pale, stiff-neck thing? Ain't happenin' over here, uh uh. (That's pretty concise)

ROFLMAO!! T does 'The Bump'!! LMAO!!!! (Now that I think of it, he was about to bump poor vala right out of frame. He should designate that bumper as a lethal weapon. )

DANNY SHAVED!! THERE IS A GOD!!!! (Well, Hallelujah!! The man scraped the horrible gerbil off!! My mom and I atributed it to the fact that Carter was coming back and he didn't want her to see how slovenly he had become during her absence. I mean, some people look good with the beard but he looks like the lazy hubby types who sit in plaid beer nut crumbed couches in barf colored plaid shirts and their underpants with the peekaboo hole with a beer in one hand, remote in the other, letting go totally. Now, danny couldn't let Sam see him like that so he pulled himself together a bit, know what I'm sayin'? )

Ha! HA HA HAAAAAA. (This when Mitchy said he was leader of SG-1. Over my DEAD BODY!! Please! Oh - I can't even START to get over THAT one! )

Nero? Is..is..is that you..Mr. Wolfe..? And did he just say something to vala about her being carter? ( I must've misunderstood, yeah. what did he say now? )

Oh boy, do I see a T/vala ship on the horizon? (I'm just noticing 'cause it seems she's taken to bouncing around him a lot. Maybe she just likes muscles. who doesn't? )

Taps fingers....where's Carter already... *siiiggghhhh*...

And shortly after...

THE KING - QUEEN HAS RETURNED! ALL HAIL THE CARTER!!!!! (followed by much laughter and pillows gleefully flying and over all partying. )

Wait - one line and already she's suited up? Hold on...oh, I think something burst... (Ok, This is Carter S9 DEBUT. ONE LINE, and she's already back in action???? No glances of suprise or shock??? No meaty hugs or broad smiles??? Or bows??? NOTHING??? My god, Lt Col. Carter is back on deck and NO ONE HAS ANYTHING TO SAY except a feeble 'Oh yeah, welcome back" From Daniel?????? I mean, when Kirk came back from where ever in whatever movie or ep, PEOPLE STARED, PEOPLE SMILED, PEOPLE ACTED HAPPY!! Not like, 'Oh, hey, there ya are, so you decided to show up, huh? Well, glad yoru back now let's get back on track' First Jack's sucky exaunt now Sam's sucky entro! GUUUHHH!! Where will it end????

Little did I know...

Later...

OMG, Carter has practicaly nary a close up of that new hair do...which...um...maybe she's growing the mane out - meanwhile Vala is running her mouth to no end. SHE'S GOT MORE FRICKEN LINES!!! Geez, she's like that Duracel bunny or those big red teeth mouths with feet that jump up and down chattering! Gah!
          And another thing...

Ok, I know everyone want's to see the not-so-puny earthlings with ships of thier own, but people, listen, the show is called Stargate SG-1 - which implies that the Stargate is more than just a pretty looking working prop in the B.g, 'kay? The show is not called 'Prometheus', there is no 'beam me up Scotty' unless it's in jest and the Asgard are doing the beaming. There is no 'Captain on deck' because that would be too over done, there is no 'Thrusters to full power - prepare for lightspeed and crank to warp drive ten' BECAUSE THIS IS STARGATE WHICH MEANS YOU GO THROUGH THAT PRETTY CIRCULAR OBJECT IN THE INTRO TO THE SHOW, SILLY!! What's the point of having a Stargate if you can go other places in an stupid junker like the proemtheus???? Am I not seeing something here?? This IS starGATE, right?? Or have I been watching the wrong channel...

During commercial break, I came up with a new slogan.

LOSE THE BOOZE

Ah, carter techno babble. Cute...I'm not feelin' it for some reason..oh god no, it's Jack all over again...

HOLD - WAIT - HOLD ZE TELEPHONE! Vala is down where everything's happening...and Carter - that blonde chick from S1-8, anyone? Remember her? She's up in the boring ship.... This is wrong in - OH so many ways.

(I forgot to mention that I found the whole part when they were in the SGC funny because I could see what they were setting up for. Oh, nobody listens to Vala, Vala's trying to say something the best way she can - she can't help that she's goofy, but you should still listen to her, don't leave her out. Yeah, I could see what was happening. I was afraid of it and sure enough...

Ooooooh, Carts said a bad wooo-ooord!! (She's said 'damn' before yeah...just never noticed it I don't think.... )

(meanwhile, as they detonated the stupid b-o-m-b I was thinking, y'know, maybe the reason why the ori force feild is growing is because your genius technology is feeding it. I was wondering why Carter hadn't said it before so I figured something must be horribley wrong cause I don't usually see the answer coming from a mile away before the Great and Powerful Carter. THEN...

SHE'S JUST NOW FIGURING THAT OUT???? (There are only so many Carter related snafus I can take before the character turns into someone you might not trust being alone with in a dark, enclosed space for fear you'll be trapped there with 'rusted genius' till your 45th birthday...)

I wrote some kind of ode here - or sonnet, something...

I have entered a world encompassed by confusion
          Convoluted Chaos
          A web of tangled anarchy
          With mind boggling SFX
          No need to adjust my television
          I'm not in the Twilight Zone 'niether
          It's the wicked, wild, wacky, warped worldly world
          Of Season 9

So after the huge SG in space scene...

I REALIZED the true horror of the episode. Since Vala first ran ahead defiantly into the gate - a symbol that she was not part of the team and that she was going ahead as a sacrifice for something - I knew it was all building up to something. And Lord Lo and Behold, the Silenced Patriot, down to her final straw, dashes off to save the crippled SG team and consequently, the universe - who - even armed with an seemingly knowledge impotent Carter - were reduced to babbling amoung themselves. So, Vala has her moment in the sun of the galactic saviours at the last moment before enevitable doom - or so it seems. Now, it would have been an extremely tacky way to get rid of a character and I'm getting Pete vibes actually cause in a way, I feel sorry for her, the way she was bumped out of the crowd once Carter came back. Kind of reminds me how I used to feel when I was in school, left out becuase hey - I was just the spunky New Kid - The Cool Group'd been together for forever, they didn't need me, and that's how she was treated, like they didn't need her - but in the end, they did need her even if they didn't know it. So, there it is. The annoying turned into the valient. TPTB are sneaky devils They've managed to make me at least sympathize with a grand total of TWO previously annoying characters. Bravo guys. Bravo.

So kiddies, what have we learned? In the words of the slightly foul mouthed Frank off of Everybody Loves Raymond:

Mark IX's are exploding c**p. Prometheus's are floating c**p. Ori Priors are Book Of Ori thumping c**p.

I suppose carter's return should be making me happier, but since as I suspected, they used her as a Vala buffer, my elation was fun while it lasted. *shrug*

Hallowed are The Gods of Sci Fi Programming. and whatever sub-gods and godesses be they...
          TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir
            My husband had Nerus pegged after the excuse-me-you've-got-a-bit-of-gravy-on-the-edge-of-your-mouth scene. He said Landry needs to lock him up until he loses about a hundred pounds then drag him back out and ask him again! I laughed so hard! Then at the end Landry did just that! LMAO!

edited to fix the scene reference
            wasn't maury chaykin (nerus) and beau (landry) wonderful! we saw two pros in action!

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

I just said that his layups were weak! The ball didn't go towards the hoop once! As a basketball player I have to say that whoever directed that scene did a bad job.
              The layups were supposed to be weak. Just because they were playing doesn't mean that Mitchell is actually any good at it. Actually Daniel was a surprisngly good passer, he got the ball to the offense, the offense(Mitchell) just kept missing the shots.

Comment

Well, well, well, the most annoying (to some) character saved the universe. How frellin' cool is that?!

Now I'm sad...Vala is gone...but not for long.

Glad Carter is back. Loved Jack yankin' Landry's chain about Sam and then volia! Sam was there. Woooohooooo!

Ok...I do like Lou, but really...LOOSE the Shatner acting style dude, you are sooooo much better than that! "I a m Gar ak". Puhlease...spare me!

Was I the only one laughing at those "space suits"?? The arms were just too funny! All short and stickyouty like that. Who thought those things up? Were they high?

Have I mentioned that I'm gonna miss Vala, while she's gone? Seriously glad Sam is back...but wanted more interaction between her and Vala.

"Shut yo mouth! I'm talkin' bout Shaft". I pray to Chilnac(FS Sebecean god) that Ben didn't come up with that "call sign" for Mitchell. It's just LAME! Sorry Ben.

All in all, another great eps. Will seriously miss Vala, but glad they left a light on for her. Glad Sam's back and can't wait to see how she solves the problem of a building size bomb.
                sigpic
                I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

for the first time all four of them together as a team...sniff, sniff no Jack

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...1/PDVD_144.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by epiphany
                    The layups were supposed to be weak. Just because they were playing doesn't mean that Mitchell is actually any good at it.
                    Hmm...it would appear that Cam received the same grade for both fencing and basketball.

While we're on the subject of Cam, I find that most of his quips just seem...off. I can't tell if they're out of place or if they're just poorly written or both. Several times I expected him to pantomime tapping a microphone and then say "Is this thing on?"

And I'm adopting "a little less talking, a little more shut-the-hell-up" to use at my whim.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                      And I'm adopting "a little less talking, a little more shut-the-hell-up" to use at my whim.
                      Don't hog it. That was funny.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                        "Shut yo mouth! I'm talkin' bout Shaft".
                        Gaah, he said that? Out loud??

Technicaly, that's something Mulder would say....
                        TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
                          Gaah, he said that? Out loud??

Technicaly, that's something Mulder would say....
                          Good heavens NO! I was just sharing my take on how lame I think his "call sign" is. Cam Shaft? LAME and very, obvious. Shoulda gone with something else. Not sure what...but not Shaft. I can just hear all the "Shaft" jokes now. Wish I couldn't. LOL
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
                            Good heavens NO! I was just sharing my take on how lame I think his "call sign" is. Cam Shaft? LAME and very, obvious. Shoulda gone with something else. Not sure what...but not Shaft. I can just hear all the "Shaft" jokes now. Wish I couldn't. LOL
                            Oh! Whew! Don't scare me like that!

"Cam Shaft" is the call sign? *blink* Thank god I missed that one. You're right, that's ...that's beyond lame actually. Doesn't even make that much sense tactically or whatever. Whatever happened to the good ones like 'FireBird' or 'Shadow Flier' or 'Kukaburra' or something?
                            TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
                              Oh! Whew! Don't scare me like that!

"Cam Shaft" is the call sign? *blink* Thank god I missed that one. You're right, that's ...that's beyond lame actually. Doesn't even make that much sense tactically or whatever. Whatever happened to the good ones like 'FireBird' or 'Shadow Flier' or 'Kukaburra' or something?
                              No, his call sign is "Shaft". His name is Cameron...Cam for short. Hence the "Shaft" (it's an automotive part or something like that) call sign. Lame, imho. But what do I know? LOL
                              sigpic

Comment

Just plain old Shaft huh? That's even worse - and well worth a few movie related cracks. Well... we can only hope Ben wasn't behind that one.
                                TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Working...
                                X