No announcement yet.

The Powers That Be (905)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A oddball episode with half funny half serious moments but I liked it. I didn't pick up on the fact the Ori created the virus. I'm going back and fourth between this and SGA and they stated the vampires didn't create the virus. I guess it make sense the Ori did. What doesn't make sense is why the Ori aren't in the Pegasus galaxy.

The B story with the general and his daughter was kind of boring. I don't really like either character. I liked both actors on different shows so its not them just these characters.

Don't understand why Tealc was on this episode. I thought he had better things to do like leading his people. Obviously I like Tealc just thought it was strange to have him here with no real reason to why.

Comment

Originally posted by Elwe Singollo View Post
      So did we ever find out why Daniel and Teal'c weren't infected? I dont know why Vala wasn't, but im guessing that Daniel and Teal'c weren't infected because they went through a similar experience back in S6 or something? But then again, the whole talk of the disease or whatever it was called mutating kind of made me confused, so i just totally stopped thinking about it.
      Does Mitchell have the Ancient gene that makes him especially susceptible to the [Pri]Ori bio-attack where otherwise they weren't targeting the Tau'ri?

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
        Still baffles me why Vala would have an outfit with a built in Goa'uld voice synthesizer left on the
        planet which she lorded over when possessed by Que'tesh.
        She mentioned that AFTER the Tok'ra removed the symbiote, most of Quetechs' holdings found out and dropped her, except this tiny mining colony, so she came back (with a voice modulator built into her dress, right at the collar) to play Goddess while reassessing what to do with herself. This was her last base where she could pose as a Quetesh. Note, they took out the mass torture and mass murder charges once that was cleared up (but she still kept them mining what little naquadah was left) So, not quite as nice of a despot as Millbourne, but definitely not as sadistic as a goa'uld.

Comment

Originally posted by MniatureAddict View Post
          Does Mitchell have the Ancient gene that makes him especially susceptible to the [Pri]Ori bio-attack where otherwise they weren't targeting the Tau'ri?
          No. Mitchell doesn't have the ancient gene.

Comment

I really wish they would have put something out showing exactly who did and who didn't have the ancient gene..

Comment

Vala the impressive goddess - liked that.
              Mitchell and Dr Lam - could have become interesting, unfortunately it didn't.
              The Ori are almighty, that's really frightening.(They seem to be at least, I know they aren't)
              CARPE DIEM
              ANJA

Comment

It would have been interesting had they gone and had Lam and Cam get together..

Comment

Hating the Ori and their Origin crap already... Ugh, I wanted to strangle that Prior into oblivion but oh my goddess, I liked the episode nonetheless. I mean, Vala gets the chance to ... errmm... sorta redeem herself in the eyes of her "underlings".

Of course, the people turning against her wasn't exactly unforeseen if you ask me.

Nevertheless, she comes through for them in the end, even if the Ori still win the day. Using fear and damnation to make people believe -- mm... where have we heard that before?

Also, can we say Covid-19 for that plague... chest pains, stomach pains, high fever, hard to breath... Ladies and Gentleman, looks like the Ori gave us Sars-Cov-2 years before we knew it was gonna hit in real life.

Anywho... hallowed are the frakkin' Ori...

How would you rate SG-1's "The Powers That Be"?

Excellent

Good
                  Fair
                  Poor
                  Terrible

********** EDIT ***********

3-episode quiz: The Ties That Bind, The Powers That Be & Beachhead

Jigsaw puzzle: The Powers That Be
                  Last edited by Falcon Horus; 11 July 2020, 02:17 PM. Reason: Adding quiz and jigsaw links...
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

VALA
                    (speaking with Goa'uld echo)
                    Then you are foolish. I would not abandon you. I am your god.

"I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

4:19
                      http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                        VALA
                        (speaking with Goa'uld echo)
                        Then you are foolish. I would not abandon you. I am your god.

All knowing and all beautiful...

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          All knowing and all beautiful...
                          You called me?

This episode is necessary because without it, the next episode is not believable. I'm talking mostly about Vala. I think is needed show that Vala is not just a con person. Its a means to end. I think their is some truth that she was shunned by her people after Vala was free from Quetesh. We had to see deep down, Vala cared about others. I for one have a hard time believe the Prior disease is the same plague that the Ancients died from. The timelines don't match. And Daniel argues ideologies which is always fun.

I give it a good with 3:46
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            You called me?
                            Well, you are all knowing... all beautiful is just an easy extension.

Comment

2:28

Speedy puzzling in progress...

Comment

Working...
                              X