The Ties That Bind (904)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<<<<loved the boys in leather>>>

Good Grief how did I forget that! Daniel and Mitchell in leather; I'm still a puddle of goo on the floor <G>

Dana Jeanne
    Click here for the latest news on Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks Online

Daniel Fanfic Archive ~ My SG-1 Scribbles ~ My Pros Scribbles

Comment

Originally posted by eve11
      "Ah, those were wonderful, carnal times"

OMG, never let Wallace Shawn say that again!!!
      Aw come on, it was almost like Zek and Ishka all over again. :b

Comment

Originally posted by Mongo's Girl
        What was up with Cam buttoning his shirt getting off the elevator with the doc? The look Landry gave the two of them was interesting also. Were they trying to imply something there? Hmmm.
        I believe I read someplace that there will be or is a relationship between Cam and the doc. Sorry, I don't have the quote ..... can someone help me out ?

Thank you

Bruce Micales

Comment

where's stargate sg1?

i was originally not going to watch these five sam-less eps, but i changed my mind. my mom was going along with this, but after seeing the coming attractions last week for tonight's ep, she bowed out. and i'm sorry i didn't myself.

i'm not a big fan of daniel jackson (i can take him or leave him), so all these daniel-centric eps are making it harder and harder for me to continue watching until sam returns. and throwing vala into the mix... she had some good character building moments in avalon 2, but she's back to being the... whatever she is in this ep.

i felt like i was watching a different show, just sexed up to attract a different audience (that made me sad). a sex romp with daniel and vala. the guys walking around in leather outfits, spouting zingy one-liners. and where's daniel's glasses? i know vala sat on them, but are they trying to make it that daniel won't be wearing them anymore? you know, to make him cooler. *snort*

why would landry want vala to go to washington on behalf of the sgc? she's over the top all the time (he's seen it first hand), so why would he want *her* to even sit in the same room with these 'businessmen', let alone speak to them? it's already out of character for him, and we barely know his character. *snort again*

wasn't it nice seeing teal'c for those few seconds? he has to much to do. *another snort*

i suppose if i really enjoyed daniel, vala, and the daniel-vala relationship, this would have been a hoot and a holler, even though it barely resembled stargate sg1.

i'm trying to find something positive to say about this ep, but... it was well written, well directed, well cast, but well... i felt absolutely zero affinity to this ep or the ppl in it.

i miss stargate sg1.

i can't wait for sam to return!

sally :/
          sally

sigpic

Comment

I rather enjoyed this episode, but then. . I've become a big Vala fan.

I think we'll get more Mitchell and Teal'c action going once Sam returns and the "team" is back in place. It was good to see Browder back in leather.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              why would landry want vala to go to washington on behalf of the sgc? she's over the top all the time (he's seen it first hand), so why would he want *her* to even sit in the same room with these 'businessmen', let alone speak to them? it's already out of character for him, and we barely know his character. *snort again*
              I don't think he wanted her to, but he wanted (and, to a certain extent, needed) Daniel to go, which means "get in the car Vala."
              Rocky

Comment

>>why would landry want vala to go to washington on behalf of the sgc?<<

I don't think he did- but since he wanted Daniel there (to plead the Ori angle) she had to come too due to the bond between them.

Anyways the episode was pretty fun, but ultimately unsatisfying as (as they point out in the episode itself) it was all for nothing.

I'm also wondering how old Vala realy is... I starting to think she was taken as a host when she was very young, aged at a slower rate due to the symbiote, and when it was removed, she was now an adult with the immaturity of the child she once was. This might explain her relationship with the old guy in this episode.

Comment

Ok, we've had our little romp around the universe. We've been introduced to the new guy, the new baddies, and a potential new ally.

I'm sure others are having a great time with the season thus far, but for me, I'm REALLY ready to have my team back.

Enough with the fun and games...
                  I WANT MY SG-1!!!!

*Chants to self* Only two more weeks... Only two more weeks.

Comment

Well, hmm, we could get all technical and ask why would Teal'c go on this romp for Daniel's sake, and Sam wouldn't? But I'd rather not think it through too much on an episode like this. It was definitely an episode designed more for laughs than drama.

I agree with others about liking the introduction of the Lucian Alliance. Would like to see how they come into play later on.

Loved the leather outfits.

Oh, and Claudia Black holding that gun juuuust right.

Not a great episode but it didn't have to be for me to enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by GoVols
                      Tonight i think we finally confirmed that Daniel Jackson is indeed a homosexual.
                      If that was indicated by tonight's scene, you might as well claim that it was indicated way back when he stopped Sha're from disrobing in the movie. Except that he married her, and was willing to put his life in jeopardy to get her back, and wasn't immune to Hathor's charms, so...

Not that there is any thing wrong with that.

But seriously, Vala is a very sexy, aleuring, attractive woman. Now any man who reads this should reply to this question. What would you do if you found Vala, laying in lengerie in your bed, and being sugestive. I know exactly what i would do.
                      Vala? Well, it's impossible to know where she's been (all over the galaxy is a good start). Now, if it were Carter, on the other hand (or better yet, Teyla)...

-Bloodaxe

Comment

This episode wasn't great. While there were important pieces in it, like the Washington scene and supposedly the development of a new adversay, they were background to the retracing of Vala's deals with shallow space rats, and it made the episode seem lacking in substance. Granted, I am not interested in Vala's character so that didn't help involve me in the plot. We didn't really learn anything about the antagonists, the Lucian Alliance? All we got was a line from Landry and a quick shot of a guy in a ship. But at the same time, I like not being handed everything on a silver platter, that we were as uninformed as the characters about the Lucians, that we're still unsure where O'Neill is. I hope we'll get something more of the break up of SG-1 before the season premiere.

There were good parts to the episode. For the fourth episode in a row I've loved everything about Teal'c, even when he's not center stage. Mr. Judge is on fire. I liked the Atlantis reference and the practical plight of the SGC. And I liked how Daniel openly told Vala what he thought of her. He's aware of what's going on and is not afraid to express his line of thought in a rational manner. Thank TPTB that he's holding her at arm's length. Two more episodes to go.

And, on more of a side note, I love the five second Stargate character shots during the commercials. They're beautiful.

Comment

Wow. (And I don't mean in a good way Wow.)

I was looking forward to this episode because I really love Wallace Shawn.

I started watching...and woke up as BSG was ending.

Now, I used to regularly fall asleep while watching Enterprise, but this was the first time I ever fell asleep while watching SG1.

(I even took an afternoon nap so I'd be rested to watch SciFi Friday. I know I'm old, but I'm not THAT old.)

Fortunately (I guess), I had a tape running, so I can rewind and watch tomorrow.

To end this post on a high note...SAM CARTER RETURNS AUG. 19TH!

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                          SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                          Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                            Ok, we've had our little romp around the universe. We've been introduced to the new guy, the new baddies, and a potential new ally.

I'm sure others are having a great time with the season thus far, but for me, I'm REALLY ready to have my team back.

Enough with the fun and games...
                            I WANT MY SG-1!!!!

*Chants to self* Only two more weeks... Only two more weeks.
                            2 more eps.
                            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Dana_Jeanne
                              I don't like that Mitchell calls Daniel "Jackson." If he isn't going to call Daniel by his first name as Daniel invited him to, then it should be DOCTOR Jackson.

Dana Jeanne

Mitchell is career military -- it's probably second nature for him to address, or refer to, subordinates and peers by their last names.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                              SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                              Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I have a question about Vala, how could SGC justify giving her no treasure at all?

I mean she brought them the tablet she should have gotten somthing. Even if you consider the treasure itself priceless artifacts they should have given her somthing else... A couple of silver\gold coins\bars some jewelry a nice fruit basket something. That was just wrong and I can't beleive Vala wasnt more upset about it.... but that would require they write some depth to the character, oh well what can you do.
                                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Working...
                                X