No announcement yet.

The Ties That Bind (904)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The main reason I am not a big fan of this episode as it has rather felt like a FarScape style story. I mean we had ancient gods and guards and most of the isolated worlds were not aware of each others without knowing any correct gate addresses , but now we have set a new tone for Stargatwe where Jaffa and non-Jaffa citizens from different planets have started dodgy trade routes. I was not a big fan of this new aspect in Prometheus Unbound too, because it has felt a bit odd and unbased like they have started a new main not directly hostile military threat without a deeper explanation. I am guessing this new plot change would have been much clearer with the Stargate : Worlds game which could have explained a bit more how the Milky way galaxy has started to evolve without the Goa'uld influence.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I have found this in transcript :

INAGO
      Well, with no planets to conquer and no cities to loot, how's a Jaffa expected to put food on the table?

Maybe that was the answer for my previous reply.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
        INAGO
        Well, with no planets to conquer and no cities to loot, how's a Jaffa expected to put food on the table?

Maybe that was the answer for my previous reply.
        Doesn't look like honest trade was part of the available options.

And I clocked in at 2:32.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
        X