• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ties That Bind (904)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON NINE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 904

Jackson and Mitchell must join Vala on an interplanetary scavenger hunt when they learn that they are still bound together by an alien energy field.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 10:01 PM.

Tonight i think we finally confirmed that Daniel Jackson is indeed a homosexual.

Not that there is any thing wrong with that.

But seriously, Vala is a very sexy, aleuring, attractive woman. Now any man who reads this should reply to this question. What would you do if you found Vala, laying in lengerie in your bed, and being sugestive. I know exactly what i would do.

Comment

Originally posted by GoVols
      Tonight i think we finally confirmed that Daniel Jackson is indeed a homosexual.

Not that there is any thing wrong with that.

But seriously, Vala is a very sexy, aleuring, attractive woman. Now any man who reads this should reply to this question. What would you do if you found Vala, laying in lengerie in your bed, and being sugestive. I know exactly what i would do.

ROTFLMAO!!! Seriously! I'm a straight woman and even I find her alluring and sexy. The woman's making me question my entire universe. LOL!

Maybe Daniel's just a man of high moral fiber who isn't going to get it on with the first tootsie who walks through the gate. Or the second. Or the third...

If I were Vala, I'd switch my attention over to Mitchell

Comment

Wow. I have to go back and watch it again. Great episode, just the right mix of funny and serious.

PLEASE can't we keep VALA????? I love this team, Daniel, Teal'c, Mitchell and Vala.

Dana Jeanne
        Click here for the latest news on Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks Online

Daniel Fanfic Archive ~ My SG-1 Scribbles ~ My Pros Scribbles

Comment

(spoiler space?)

Ha ha! Funny!! But if you're not careful people might think you're serious! lol You could tell that Daniel was pretty tempted by Vala. But I think he's just so turned off by her theiving, conniving, lying nature, that that overrules any physical temporary lust he might feel.

Good episode.... and thank GOD for that! More comments later on the 'official' episode thread.

Comment

Im not sure what this ep was about because I was to buisy looking at vala in her many diffent outfits lol. That part near the end with them flying the cargo ship was cool. I just loved when camern said to that alien

Who do u like in the nfl this year u strake me as a rarders fan lol

Comment

This Vala thing is getting downright ridiculous. Seriously, do the writers think they're the first ones to think of having a 'devious trader' character? Or do they think they're clever to make the 'devious trader' character a nymphomaniac? They must think they are, because they deliver every scene in an overly cute manner that just screams 'My god, we think this is a really amazing character!'

That scene where Vala was in Daniel's room. First of all, the whole scene progression was completely predictable through and through. Second of all, as for reasons Daniel finds Vala unappealing...why doesn't he just tell her the truth? "I don't date amoral opportunistic sociopaths".

Why were they letting her just walk through the gate and go home? How about you LOCK HER UP IN JAIL. She stole what was at the time their only interstellar ship!

And Teal'c ambiguous status as a member of earth's armed forces. They should say "Look, you either work for us or you don't." It's like all the military discipline that defined the show in the first few seasons has just gone by the books.

Mitchell is quickly becoming 'Shephard - personality'. He delivers his 'homegrown witticisms' like a statue.

Then the ending was the most predictable part at all. Well, I didn't predict it exactly, but at the start of the scene I thought 'I bet it will have already worn off and they didn't realize it yet.'

And then the scenes...does anyone in this galaxy who's not on earth and not Teal'c THINK FOR THEMSELVES? It's like all you have to do to be worshipped as a god is say 'I'm a god!' and show off some neat parlor tricks.

At this rate I may stop caring whether I miss an episode, and just not buy that season of DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by jyh

You could tell that Daniel was pretty tempted by Vala. But I think he's just so turned off by her theiving, conniving, lying nature, that that overrules any physical temporary lust he might feel.

Good episode.... and thank GOD for that! More comments later on the 'official' episode thread.

Oh, that's right. Daniel does have morals. And she is pretty thieving, conniving, etc, etc...she just does it so well and is so charming doing it that we forget she's, well, "wicked." (haven't seen the ep but did see the preview )

Looking forward to tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobthespirit
                  This Vala thing is getting downright ridiculous. Seriously, do the writers think they're the first ones to think of having a 'devious trader' character? Or do they think they're clever to make the 'devious trader' character a nymphomaniac? They must think they are, because they deliver every scene in an overly cute manner that just screams 'My god, we think this is a really amazing character!'

That scene where Vala was in Daniel's room. First of all, the whole scene progression was completely predictable through and through. Second of all, as for reasons Daniel finds Vala unappealing...why doesn't he just tell her the truth? "I don't date amoral opportunistic sociopaths".

Why were they letting her just walk through the gate and go home? How about you LOCK HER UP IN JAIL. She stole what was at the time their only interstellar ship!

And Teal'c ambiguous status as a member of earth's armed forces. They should say "Look, you either work for us or you don't." It's like all the military discipline that defined the show in the first few seasons has just gone by the books.

Mitchell is quickly becoming 'Shephard - personality'. He delivers his 'homegrown witticisms' like a statue.

Then the ending was the most predictable part at all. Well, I didn't predict it exactly, but at the start of the scene I thought 'I bet it will have already worn off and they didn't realize it yet.'

And then the scenes...does anyone in this galaxy who's not on earth and not Teal'c THINK FOR THEMSELVES? It's like all you have to do to be worshipped as a god is say 'I'm a god!' and show off some neat parlor tricks.

At this rate I may stop caring whether I miss an episode, and just not buy that season of DVD.
                  Although i can't say i disagree or agree with any of your comments, because i see your points, and i understand them, except your first one about the writers thinking their clever because they think no one else has created a 'devious trader' before them...

Also maybe your last comment, about thinking for people's ownself, how however you say it. I think those people who are gullible to drop their lives for a god(or false god for that matter) is because they simply aren't educated like others (such as humans on earch) to know whats right, its like they are toddlers who don't know whats right, so they go steal a cookie from the cookie jar.
                  Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I'm curious of the politics of the Post-Goa'uld galaxy at large (not just the Jaffa) and I hope what we saw here was just the start.

And yes...Claudia Black looks good in red.

Comment

There was just too much silliness in this episode. I was somewhat hoping it would all settle in a bit more as it went on but I think the balance is off. I don't mind some silliness and humor but there wasn't enough seriousness to offset it.
                      I can't seem to focus on Mitchell at all, at the end of every episode I can't remember what he contributed to the story, he just seems to be there.

I want that outfit Vala wore to Washington in my closet. She looked great.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Oh yes i forgot, i just loved the outfits in this episode. Cam, Daniel and Teal'c - their attire in the episode was such a relief, i was sick and tired of black t shirts and green fatigues and all that stuff we see 24/7, ok maybe not that much, but i was sick of it.

Ahh, that Washington scene... Although i hated it that they wanted to cut the budget of the SGC (grr...) i loved that comment about '...big missiles' hahah... very funny stuff.
                        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I thought it was kinda slow. I did like the NFL talk. No one annoyed me although I didnt always think Landry was acting appropiately to the situation. I cant put my finger on exactly what but somthing was just off. I will have to watch it again.

Mitchell was good.
                          Vala was good.
                          Daniel was good.
                          Teal'c, was he in this ep?
                          Lam, was she in this ep?
                          Landry something was just off.

I liked the smuggler\monk and the jaffa\trader. The little guy was kinda creepy but then he was in Princess Bride too. I like the Idea of a black market alliance.

Over all it was ok. I had no major issues with it but it didnt get me thinking this is awesome either. Second viewing always helps me clarify my thoughts... and reading what you all think.
                          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I thought the ep was good. Not great, but good. Vala didn't get on my nerves as much as usual... altho the scene at the Congressional Hearing was a bit much. A WAAAAY bit much. But I'm glad that nobody at the SGC seems to be falling for Vala's wiles. In fact, watching her kinda makes me wonder how ANYBODY falls for her wiles. She's rather obvious

But overall I liked the episode, with a few nitpicks. I thought the interaction of Mitchell & Daniel was good. Especially liked Daniel's expression when the old man was detailing his romantic trysts w/ Vala. To me, that was 100% proof that Daniel found the thought of being w/ Vala distasteful. The plot of trying to get object A from person B who wants object C from person D was relatively well done, even tho it was a bit derivative (there's a similar episode of M*A*S*H, as I recall).

Now for the nitpicks. Where did Teal'c come from, and why did they even bother having him in this ep? I suppose he came to the senate committee meeting because of his involvement in the new Jaffa leadership, but he contributed absolutely zip to the episode. (Sorry, CJ... personally I can't wait until you can REALLY come back 100%.)

Second nitpick. Has anyone even MENTIONED Carter since the 1st episode??? In that first episode, it was mentioned that she was working on a project at Area 51. But I heard a rumor (here on the boards, perhaps?) that she's spending time w/ Cassie after Janet's death. Personally, I think they should have mentioned her name once or twice in the past few episodes; Daniel could have mentioned hearing from her or about her, or Landry could have referenced her somehow. (I noticed Jack's name managed to work it's way in there, and he's not coming back in any meaningful way. But Carter, who WILL be back?.... nothing.)

Also, as soon as Daniel, Cam, Vala, & Teal'c went back to the old man, I knew he wouldn't be able to 'fix' their bracelets & unconnect them. Interesting that he guessed that the effect would wear off naturally... I guess that will end up being the truth. I'll be glad to see her go through the gate. A little Vala goes a long way. I won't be averse to seeing her once or twice again this season, but only in limited quantities.

Comment

While I found the episode ok.... I enjoyed Atlantis more this week...

but Vala's comments about guys liking big guns made me crack up

Comment

Working...
                              X