Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Chief Master Sergeant StarzSkyMoon's Avatar

Default Re: The Ties That Bind (904)

i liked this episode. i love the interaction with daniel and vala. im just hoping though they dont play that out too much. the snarkiness is nice here and there, but this episode went a bit overboard...im hoping the later eps will have just a sprinkling of the dripping with sarcasm comments, so that the humor isnt lost on me later on because of its over use.

i miss teal'c and sam. though im fairly glad that oneill gracefully left. i miss the other half of the stargate team. teal'c's appearances have become more and more sparce, and sam...well needless to say i truly miss them.

but in saying that, i dont want to lose vala either. im hoping that vala will show up frequently even when her character leaves stargate command on a more perminant basis.

Lizbeth

I enjoyed this episode, thought it was funny. And all that trading stuff... did this episode remind anyone else of a Zelda game?
    This post brought to you by Anubis Markets, a division of Osiris Foods.

Chief Master Sergeant deSaintphalle's Avatar

This episode was a lot of fun.

1. Loved the cowboy duds.
    2. Laughed out loud at Wallace Shawn.
    3. Liked how Vala took the boys on trip to an intergalatic tag sale.
    4. Admired the subtle way that Cam and Lam slipped in their little bit of ship outside the elevator, and were busted by Landry.

I enjoyed this a lot, I thought it was a very good follow-up to three pretty intense episodes and gave us a nice break.

Vala and Daniel are great together. I wish we could keep her as SG-1's fourth.

I don't like that Mitchell calls Daniel "Jackson." If he isn't going to call Daniel by his first name as Daniel invited him to, then it should be DOCTOR Jackson.

Great opening scene with sticky-fingers and Daniel. LOL.

Mitchell did a little too much Jack-channeling for me in this. The lines were awkward. I like Mitchell more when he's serious.

Vala and Daniel are great together.

It was good to see Teal'c with the team where he belongs, and the goodbye hug between he and Daniel at the end was sweet.

Vala is showing more and more depth. The scene in Daniel's bedroom was simply lovely. Both actors did a great job in this episode.

Wallace Shawn always makes me laugh. And I see Joe got the Princess Bride reference in there.... As you wish.... <G>

Vala and Daniel are great together.

I wanted to slap that Senator's face, he was such a ...donkey. Go Vala! I had a pair of tights almost just like that when I was thirteen. Yikes!

I'm looking forward to next Friday!

Dana Jeanne

Quote Originally Posted by kharn the betrayer
    While I found the episode ok.... I enjoyed Atlantis more this week...

but Vala's comments about guys liking big guns made me crack up
    I would have to agree with you there on both counts. I'm not an Atlantis fan but I've always like McKay and watching him take center stage was fun.

I'm a big fan of Claudia Black's but the writing did seem a little off and the episode dragged almost as much as last week's. I did like the funny parts quite a bit though, loved the boys in leather, and the Vala/Daniel exchange in Daniel's room. It kind of makes me think Vala's just about ready to be honest but can't. I mean, I think Daniel may actually have hit the nail on the head, she seems earnest, he says "wait, I'm being had" and she says "is it working" but I really think that she's using that last bit as just another smokescreen to keep people at an emotional distance.

At least I'm hoping so.

I've seen Claudia Black do some really powerful emotional stuff and though I'm really enjoying the comedic part, I want to see an emotional payoff. It's all right to be comic relief but I really think she has a lot more depth and ability--I've seen it before and I really want to see it again.

<<<<loved the boys in leather>>>

Good Grief how did I forget that! Daniel and Mitchell in leather; I'm still a puddle of goo on the floor <G>

Dana Jeanne

Chief Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by eve11
    "Ah, those were wonderful, carnal times"

OMG, never let Wallace Shawn say that again!!!
    Aw come on, it was almost like Zek and Ishka all over again. :b

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo's Girl
    What was up with Cam buttoning his shirt getting off the elevator with the doc? The look Landry gave the two of them was interesting also. Were they trying to imply something there? Hmmm.
    I believe I read someplace that there will be or is a relationship between Cam and the doc. Sorry, I don't have the quote ..... can someone help me out ?

Thank you

Bruce Micales

where's stargate sg1?

i was originally not going to watch these five sam-less eps, but i changed my mind. my mom was going along with this, but after seeing the coming attractions last week for tonight's ep, she bowed out. and i'm sorry i didn't myself.

i'm not a big fan of daniel jackson (i can take him or leave him), so all these daniel-centric eps are making it harder and harder for me to continue watching until sam returns. and throwing vala into the mix... she had some good character building moments in avalon 2, but she's back to being the... whatever she is in this ep.

i felt like i was watching a different show, just sexed up to attract a different audience (that made me sad). a sex romp with daniel and vala. the guys walking around in leather outfits, spouting zingy one-liners. and where's daniel's glasses? i know vala sat on them, but are they trying to make it that daniel won't be wearing them anymore? you know, to make him cooler. *snort*

why would landry want vala to go to washington on behalf of the sgc? she's over the top all the time (he's seen it first hand), so why would he want *her* to even sit in the same room with these 'businessmen', let alone speak to them? it's already out of character for him, and we barely know his character. *snort again*

wasn't it nice seeing teal'c for those few seconds? he has to much to do. *another snort*

i suppose if i really enjoyed daniel, vala, and the daniel-vala relationship, this would have been a hoot and a holler, even though it barely resembled stargate sg1.

i'm trying to find something positive to say about this ep, but... it was well written, well directed, well cast, but well... i felt absolutely zero affinity to this ep or the ppl in it.

i miss stargate sg1.

i can't wait for sam to return!

sally :/
    sally

Don't know as I'm shrill and ill-informed

I rather enjoyed this episode, but then. . I've become a big Vala fan.

I think we'll get more Mitchell and Teal'c action going once Sam returns and the "team" is back in place. It was good to see Browder back in leather.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/joesmom1/Kitty.bmp

When all else fails, change channels.

Quote Originally Posted by majorsal
    why would landry want vala to go to washington on behalf of the sgc? she's over the top all the time (he's seen it first hand), so why would he want *her* to even sit in the same room with these 'businessmen', let alone speak to them? it's already out of character for him, and we barely know his character. *snort again*
    I don't think he wanted her to, but he wanted (and, to a certain extent, needed) Daniel to go, which means "get in the car Vala."

Chief Master Sergeant The2ndQuest's Avatar

>>why would landry want vala to go to washington on behalf of the sgc?<<

I don't think he did- but since he wanted Daniel there (to plead the Ori angle) she had to come too due to the bond between them.

Anyways the episode was pretty fun, but ultimately unsatisfying as (as they point out in the episode itself) it was all for nothing.

I'm also wondering how old Vala realy is... I starting to think she was taken as a host when she was very young, aged at a slower rate due to the symbiote, and when it was removed, she was now an adult with the immaturity of the child she once was. This might explain her relationship with the old guy in this episode.

Ok, we've had our little romp around the universe. We've been introduced to the new guy, the new baddies, and a potential new ally.

I'm sure others are having a great time with the season thus far, but for me, I'm REALLY ready to have my team back.

Enough with the fun and games...
    I WANT MY SG-1!!!!

*Chants to self* Only two more weeks... Only two more weeks.

Well, hmm, we could get all technical and ask why would Teal'c go on this romp for Daniel's sake, and Sam wouldn't? But I'd rather not think it through too much on an episode like this. It was definitely an episode designed more for laughs than drama.

I agree with others about liking the introduction of the Lucian Alliance. Would like to see how they come into play later on.

Loved the leather outfits.

Oh, and Claudia Black holding that gun juuuust right.

Not a great episode but it didn't have to be for me to enjoy it.

Default Re: Major spoilers from tonights episode

Quote Originally Posted by GoVols
    Tonight i think we finally confirmed that Daniel Jackson is indeed a homosexual.
    If that was indicated by tonight's scene, you might as well claim that it was indicated way back when he stopped Sha're from disrobing in the movie. Except that he married her, and was willing to put his life in jeopardy to get her back, and wasn't immune to Hathor's charms, so...

Not that there is any thing wrong with that.

But seriously, Vala is a very sexy, aleuring, attractive woman. Now any man who reads this should reply to this question. What would you do if you found Vala, laying in lengerie in your bed, and being sugestive. I know exactly what i would do.
    Vala? Well, it's impossible to know where she's been (all over the galaxy is a good start). Now, if it were Carter, on the other hand (or better yet, Teyla)...

-Bloodaxe

This episode wasn't great. While there were important pieces in it, like the Washington scene and supposedly the development of a new adversay, they were background to the retracing of Vala's deals with shallow space rats, and it made the episode seem lacking in substance. Granted, I am not interested in Vala's character so that didn't help involve me in the plot. We didn't really learn anything about the antagonists, the Lucian Alliance? All we got was a line from Landry and a quick shot of a guy in a ship. But at the same time, I like not being handed everything on a silver platter, that we were as uninformed as the characters about the Lucians, that we're still unsure where O'Neill is. I hope we'll get something more of the break up of SG-1 before the season premiere.

There were good parts to the episode. For the fourth episode in a row I've loved everything about Teal'c, even when he's not center stage. Mr. Judge is on fire. I liked the Atlantis reference and the practical plight of the SGC. And I liked how Daniel openly told Vala what he thought of her. He's aware of what's going on and is not afraid to express his line of thought in a rational manner. Thank TPTB that he's holding her at arm's length. Two more episodes to go.

And, on more of a side note, I love the five second Stargate character shots during the commercials. They're beautiful.

Heartbroken Re: The Ties That Bind (904)

Wow. (And I don't mean in a good way Wow.)

I was looking forward to this episode because I really love Wallace Shawn.

I started watching...and woke up as BSG was ending.

Now, I used to regularly fall asleep while watching Enterprise, but this was the first time I ever fell asleep while watching SG1.

(I even took an afternoon nap so I'd be rested to watch SciFi Friday. I know I'm old, but I'm not THAT old.)

Fortunately (I guess), I had a tape running, so I can rewind and watch tomorrow.

To end this post on a high note...SAM CARTER RETURNS AUG. 19TH!

Morjana

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverSg1
    Ok, we've had our little romp around the universe. We've been introduced to the new guy, the new baddies, and a potential new ally.

I'm sure others are having a great time with the season thus far, but for me, I'm REALLY ready to have my team back.

Enough with the fun and games...
    I WANT MY SG-1!!!!

*Chants to self* Only two more weeks... Only two more weeks.
    2 more eps.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Zat Re: The Ties That Bind (904)

Quote Originally Posted by Dana_Jeanne
    I don't like that Mitchell calls Daniel "Jackson." If he isn't going to call Daniel by his first name as Daniel invited him to, then it should be DOCTOR Jackson.

Dana Jeanne

Mitchell is career military -- it's probably second nature for him to address, or refer to, subordinates and peers by their last names.

Morjana

I have a question about Vala, how could SGC justify giving her no treasure at all?

I mean she brought them the tablet she should have gotten somthing. Even if you consider the treasure itself priceless artifacts they should have given her somthing else... A couple of silver\gold coins\bars some jewelry a nice fruit basket something. That was just wrong and I can't beleive Vala wasnt more upset about it.... but that would require they write some depth to the character, oh well what can you do.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast