Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Space needs to catch up or The Movie Network needs to slow down! (Canadians)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Space needs to catch up or The Movie Network needs to slow down! (Canadians)

I live in Canada, and up here, in my area we get Stargate SG-1 on the Space channel, and Stargate Atlantis on The Movie Network. Now that would be all find and dandy, except they aren't showing the shows at the same time, Stargate Atlantis started last monday, Jully 18, and who knows when Stargate SG-1 is going to start, maybe not until the end of the summer. This is a great inconvience for fans, because with the shows now doing crosovers, howver subtley, we see things from SG-1 that haven't premiered yet in Canada, if we did not have GateWorld we wouldn't know what is going on. For example,
    Spoiler:
    This Monday, we recieved Stargate Atlantis, Episode two, Season two, "Intruder." In this episode we see flashbacks from when the team were on Earth, in one of these we see General Hank Landry, if I had not heard about his character on GateWorld, I would have had no idea what ws going on, except they were talking to some guy.

If the two chanels would show both shows at the same time, or even if one channel were to show both shows at the same time, it would be fine, but this makes the shows complicated and confusing, running shows that are meant to run together at diffrent times.

Who else doesn't like this or is in the same situation. In fact, I just realised, for many, viewing of Stargate Atlantis, on television is impossible, because The Movie Network is an extra chanel that you have to pay for, and is only available of digital cable or sattelite. This situation was indeed not very well thought throungh.

Owen Macri

Lack of synchronisation is a problem in many countries but there are other ways to watch eps
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Lol, yes, but those other ways have less picture and sound quality. lol.

Owen Macri

Comment

I can sympathize with you... I live in a suburb of Vancouver, BC where Stargate's Head Office is and CityTV is on Moebius right now... and I don't get cable so I go to my friend's house to watch Atlantis. Seriously CANADA is where Stargate started and therefore, CANADA should be caught up with the show and also Rodney McKay is a disgrace to Molson Canadian's "I AM CANADIAN!"... he is smart but he's also an arrogant prick who can't stop eating or talking...... o wait... i'm like that too
        Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

The Canadians who are getting new Stargate should count their lucky stars, since I know that only half of the country are enjoying that pleasure - the people in the west, including Vancouver, where the show is filmed, aren't even getting the new eps yet...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
          "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
            Lol, yes, but those other ways have less picture and sound quality. lol.

Owen Macri
            Better than waiting
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
              Better than waiting
              Indeed...and better than having people spoiling it for you...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
              "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

i believe it's the same here in germany. sg-a s1 has aired completely and now after siege2 the 8th season of sg-1 is to start.
                it can be assumed that this procedure will be used for s2/s9 aswell...
                You deepfry it - i eat it

Comment

actually I stopped watching sg1 at the beginning of Season 8 and Atlantis because I got caught up with school work... i'm watching it a way qasimjavid suggested and the quality and sound are perfect on mine.. you guys must have some ba-ba-bad sources lol
                  Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
                    The Canadians who are getting new Stargate should count their lucky stars, since I know that only half of the country are enjoying that pleasure - the people in the west, including Vancouver, where the show is filmed, aren't even getting the new eps yet...
                    I still can't believe that the good people of Vancouver and it's surrounding environs, aren't gettin the new epi's yet. It somehow seems sacrilegious.
                    On fighting:
                    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                      I still can't believe that the good people of Vancouver and it's surrounding environs, aren't gettin the new epi's yet. It somehow seems sacrilegious.
                      agreed considering i'm one of them... it's summer and there's no new good stuff on and CityTV i believe is on Moebius so it'll be quite soon for new season 9 episodes. however altantis should be broadcasted on TheNewVI or CTV or Global or something!

Comment

Lol, I can't believe that the people in BC and out west don't have any new episodes yet. That is wrong for so many reasons.

(Hi Lida!)

Owen Macri

Comment

Part of the problem is that TMN jumped at the chance to get SG:A last year. They made a deal with TPTB to get the rights to air season 1 of SG:A in 2005, so Space can only start airing season 1 in 2006 (now that they've also gotten the rights). Hopefully, TMN didn't get such a good deal this time around or Space will still be behind with season 2 of SG:A until 2007.

Comment

The good thing of TMN having Atlantis is that they have all of Season 1 on TMN on Demand. So anyone that's missed any eps, or missed the whole season can easily catch up without having to wait for the DVD release.

Also with SG:A 2, we get the episodes only a few days after they have aired on SciFi. That's pretty good I think. I mean, the new episode airs on Friday and we get it on Monday. Not too bad considering we could be stuck with the SG1 problem (read my next paragraph).

I've heard that SG1 will show on City or Space sometine in Oct/Nov. I think what City wants to do is show the entire season all at once, instead of showing it from Jul - Sept and then the long gap till January.

Comment

Working...
                            X