The Devil You Know (313)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to 5pm for another ep of SG1.

1. "Well, we're not too pleased to see you again...".

2. Blood of Sokar...not a bad idea but it didn't work...

3. Tok'ra...ouch...

4. So Sokar went from main bad guy to history in two eps at the hands of a guy we'd previously thought 'was' history! Impressive!
    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

My favorite part of this episode was Teal'c confronting Aldwin about rescuing SG-1. No one messes with Teal'c when his friends are in danger!

Comment

Both were great episodes, and I agree with the majority here. Sokar should have stayed around for a while longer.

Comment

I thought the actor that played Sokar did a great job -and the makeup was fantastic. He seemed quite young for such a vicious old Goa'uld. The eyes were chilling.

After the reveal that it is really Apophis, we get a great Daniel line:
          "Your mate, Amaunet, is dead. Sorry to ruin your day," (defiantly petulant), "No, actually, I'm—I'm wrong about that. I'm not sorry."

Jack trying to keep Kintac from taking Sam to Apophis -and getting shot in the leg for his trouble.

I thought we got a little deeper info out of Sam's flashback -about her mom's death and how that affected her relationship with her father. I also really liked the interaction between Sam and Jacob later in the ep -she's begging him not to give up and a tear rolls down her face, and later she has him reclining on her with her hands loosely around his neck and shoulders. Dad/daughter time.

The flashbacks for Jack give additional gut-twists to those who have already become familiar with his loss. The idea that the memory is not exact...that Jack has altered it to cope with his pain:

CHARLIE: This is not what happened, Dad. You're changing everything just to make it better.
          O'NEILL: I know. Can't we just play catch?
          CHARLIE: What really happened is you got mad at me and I went into the house. Two weeks from now I shot myself with your gun. We never played catch today, and we never will.
          O'NEILL: Why? Why can't we just play catch?

Jack's "I know" is broken and forlorn in its own way. He knows that he's shielding himself with the altered memory. Heart-wrenching to live with that. Remember that in CotG he said that "I'll never forgive myself, but sometimes I can forget. Sometimes."

Teal'c's dedication to his friends should be mentioned -admirable.

Sokar was eliminated too easily -it would have been nice to keep the threat around.
          sigpic
          sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
          "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
            2. Blood of Sokar...not a bad idea but it didn't work...
            That reminded me of that blood drink they used in Indy and the temple of doom..

Comment

The lets torture SG1 episode. I love it just because it gave an edge to Apophis. It was something he lacked in the earlier seasons. Its like suffering in Netu made him more psychopath then his former self. It also showed the demons of SG1 which I think is important. Some were obvious while others were a little more eye opening. Also this episode gave us more of Sokar then the previous episode which just saddens his quick death. Sokar was so creppy even for a Goa'uld that it was a pain to see him go so suddenly. Far more interesting then battling Apophis.

Its almost a cliche to say Teal'c is suicidal. He always takes these death risks to save SG1. I liked it not only because it showed the different mentality between the Tokra and Tealc. Aldwin was all the mission while Tealc was driven on emotion. Plus I like seeing us learn how the rings work.
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

I like the flashbacks in this episode and I wish Sokar got to stick around more unfortunately that doesn't happen.
                My favorite TV shows

sigpic

Comment

Wow I hate those Goa'uld!
                  Felt bad for O'Neill, he had to watch his son and fight with him again :/

Comment

[QUOTE=Morrissey;11419773]Am I the only one who thinks this and Jolinar's Memories should have been the Season 3 finale/Season 4 opener? I think Apophis returning at the end of Jolinar's Memories would have been a fantastic way to end the season, and then opening up Season 4 with The Devil You May Know. I think that would have been a better way to end the season and open season 4 than with the introduction of the Replicators. Don't get me wrong, the introduction of the Replicators was vital, but surely Nemesis/Small Victories could have been the mid-season two parter, making Jolinar's Memories the finale, which would have been much more fitting in my eyes.

[QUOTE]

Parts of it felt a bit too much like 'Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom', though. Especially the drinking blood bit (YUCK!) and the lava-ish atmosphere...

But yes, a good episode.
                    "Y'know; Lose it. It means, go crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No Longer in posession of one's faculties. Three fries short of a Happy Meal. WHACKO!!!!!"

The perfect couple!

Comment

I liked that it harkened back with those 2 aspects to the Temple of Doom..

Comment

not a bad ep. For me these two eps are the beginning of a run of really good eps, going all the way into the middle of S4
                        In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Action packed this one is. And I love it, except for the Tok'ra... them I want to strangle so badly. Like Teal'c would ever agree to SG1 being casualties of war. Think again, Aldwin you fool.

Apophis going up against Sokar... he did look a little peeved when he realized Martouf had lied to him about Entak. Woops!
                          Sokar looks creepy... but he does look cool nonetheless. Far more impressive than Apophis ever looked. And he ain't no vision anymore.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Shouldn't Apophis know that the Tok'ra are expert liars?
                            sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                            https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                              Shouldn't Apophis know that the Tok'ra are expert liars?
                              At that point he's convinced he's got Martouf in a bind. Blinded by power he's probably ignoring that voice in the back of his head (the host's or otherwise) telling him to be careful.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                At that point he's convinced he's got Martouf in a bind. Blinded by power he's probably ignoring that voice in the back of his head (the host's or otherwise) telling him to be careful.
                                The Blood of Sokar is a hallucinogen, near as I can tell. Why do you think that Apophis didn't go after Jacob?
                                sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                                https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Working...
                                X