Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Default Re: The Devil You Know (313)

When I first saw this episode I was rather annoyed at how they just killed Sokar off like that. But the more SG-1 I watched I gradually understood... (spoilers if you haven't seen whole of SG-1..)

Spoiler:
    Anubis, played by the same actor, is pretty much Sokar and what the Sokar storyline arc would of been, only it's far cooler as Anubis is half-ascended and doesn't have guards in ridiculous Halloween costume armor. They took the devil theme a little too literally in my opinion, limiting the character.

Could you imagine if we had a few seasons more of Sokar followed by Anubis? It wouldn't of worked, they're far too similar in style. So everything worked out fine as is IMO.

Air Force Chief of Staff Falcon Horus's Avatar

So, here we are, still on Ne'tu -- still in a boatload of trouble with all of them at the mercy of the new ad-interim Lord of Ne'tu, none other than our good friend Apophis. He looks a bit different -- wonder what happened to his face. Got a little too close to the fire, I'm guessing.

He takes the opportunity to reclaim his goodhood and to toy with the team's minds. They each get their 5 minute hallucination and that's all that really happens down below.

On Delmak, Sokar is plotting his evil plans to attack the System Lords and become Supreme Leader... I mean, Lord. Sokar looked creepy and yet so refined. Love the portrayal.

Raise your hand if you weren't the least bit surprised the Tok'ra chose the many over the few -- Aldwin should have known Teal'c wasn't going to cooperate without at least rescuing his friends first.

Anywho, in the end it all works out great. Sokar dead. The team escaped, and Apophis got what he wanted. His own dominion to rule, minus Ne'tu.

How would you rate SG-1's "The Devil You Know?"

Excellent
    Good
    Fair
    Poor
    Terrible
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 9 of SG-1
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

Honestly in this situation I would side with Aldwin. It may seem cold but 5 lives is not worth the billions that would be killed under Sokar. We see what happens like this later on with Anubis. But I'm getting ahead of myself. I do acknowledge that Tealc has a good point of we should destroy Netu but still risk life to save SG1

If I'm also being honest, this episode isn't as good as part 1. After the humerous boosting by Apophis I get a little bored with his torture on each member of SG1. Daniel and Jack's torture seems unneeded and a waste of time. It could of better been used to Teal'c's rescue. Despite this it's still a good.

EDIT: I also wish Sokar had stayed around longer. I would have liked to see more of his creepiness
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

It's that time of the week, where I post the 3-episode quiz and the jigsaw puzzles:

The Devil You Know, Foothold & Pretense

The Devil You Know

The jigsaw took me a snail-time of 11 and 5 seconds.
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

8 minutes and 17 seconds
    Jelgate is right

Watching over the Destiny crew from a higher plane

Quote Originally Posted by Nirude View Post
    When I first saw this episode I was rather annoyed at how they just killed Sokar off like that. But the more SG-1 I watched I gradually understood... (spoilers if you haven't seen whole of SG-1..)

Spoiler:
    Anubis, played by the same actor, is pretty much Sokar and what the Sokar storyline arc would of been, only it's far cooler as Anubis is half-ascended and doesn't have guards in ridiculous Halloween costume armor. They took the devil theme a little too literally in my opinion, limiting the character.

Could you imagine if we had a few seasons more of Sokar followed by Anubis? It wouldn't of worked, they're far too similar in style. So everything worked out fine as is IMO.
    Spoiler:
    I prefer to think that they are the same and that Anubis was just masquerading as Sokar. Sokar's host body was pretty messed up (very pale skin, bald, veins popping out etc) kinda like Anubis' hosts were messed up by him. Sokar managed to amass a huge fleet out of nowhere capable of conquering the Goa'uld. Their back stories are almost identical. The two of them are just too similar to be a coincidence.

I'm talking for the sake of making sense in-universe here. I know out of universe they're not supposed to be the same.

17:32

It's funny how Apophis gets out alive and Sokar gets blown up. It was a good episode. I love how Teal'c pushed Aldwin into the other room on the ship, and he got the team back. .

Because Sokar drew the short straw, and Apophis is like cockroach, hard to kill.

Even when you think -- NOW he's got have met his sticky ending. You can never be sure though. He's like the Daniel of the Goa'uld.

I wish it was the other way around. Sokar was one of the creepiest Goa'uld around
    Jelgate is right

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    I wish it was the other way around. Sokar was one of the creepiest Goa'uld around
    He was magnificent.

13:55 and 14/15

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678