• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Devil You Know (313)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON THREE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 313

SG-1 must escape a hellish prison moon, and one of their worst enemies.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 06 February 2021, 10:06 PM.

Excellent episode, Sokar really was a very nicely done up character, the only thing I hate is that he wasn't around for longer. And something that I wasn't suspecting was at the end of Part 1, when Apophis revealed himself, just brilliant.

This epside (along with Part 1, Jolinar's Memories) goes in to my list of favourite episodes.

Comment

I agree with everything you said. It is too bad Sokar couldn't be around a bit longer, I think they could have done some more really good episodes with him. This one and Jolinar's Memories are probably my 2 favorite episodes from Season 3.
      "Out of the way it's a busy day, I've got things on my mind." --Pink Floyd

Comment

Soakr's Jaffa are quite unique looking. Do we ever see them with their helmet's up?

As for the episode, the idea that the Tok'ra could destroy a moon but couldn't penetrate of Goa'ould mothership's shields seems a little off. I do, however, dig the idea of destroying an entire celestial body just to get at one ship. I'm a fan of overkill.

Comment

It's not as much as destroying a star and several planets in order to take out a few ships.

Comment

The dead goa'uld returns

Comment

Poor Jacob

Comment

I didn't really want to see Apophis return. I felt really sorry for the host when his mind broke through, and couldn't help thinking about him. It must be terrible to have to return to the nightmare again.
                sigpic

Comment

It was very creative how he came back though.

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
                    It was very creative how he came back though.
                    I agree, it was probably the most interesting return throughout the series... just the whole situation and all.

Comment

I loved the whole look and feel of these 2 episodes. Very well done.
                      O'Neill: "Well, we'll just have to cross that bridge when we come to it."
                      Bra'tac: "No, the bridge is too well guarded."

Comment

Yeah, Sokar was a great villian and in all regards a better one then many we have today. It was just nice to have a snake that went with something other then egyptian lore.

To kill him off just to bring Apopquiz back seemed like a terrible wast of a great concept.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd
                          Yeah, Sokar was a great villian and in all regards a better one then many we have today. It was just nice to have a snake that went with something other then egyptian lore.

To kill him off just to bring Apopquiz back seemed like a terrible wast of a great concept.

Killing Sokar off was a bit too quick for me, as you said just to bring Apophis back, I'd rather keep Sokar. And his hideout/lair place was great also, volcano caves!
                          __

__

Comment

I do have to agree (partly). I do think that they did kill off Sokar too quickly. And if they were to kill him early in his career, why couldn't they have made in a way that he could be revived in a Sarcophogus? But I was happy that they brought back Apophis. Not for nothing, but he is just a better villain because he's a more personal villain for most of the members of Sg-1.

Jack: He took Ska'ra and made him a host for his son, Klor'el.
                            Daniel: He took Sha're and made him host for his queen.
                            Teal'c: First prime of Apophis, he has the most personal ties with this false god.
                            Sam doesn't really have any personal ties with Apophis, so she doesn't really count.
                            Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Great episode! One of my favorites along with "Jolinar's memories". I was so surprised when Apophis took off that mask ! It was so unexpected! And it was also nice to go into the characters' minds as well. It was all really good! I wish it hadn't been so easy to finish off Sokar. He was too powerfull a Goa'uld to go like that.
                              May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Working...
                              X