This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to build a stargate 101

First off, I know I have to much time on my hand if I figiered this out. My parents were talking for like 1/2 and hour after church and I was really bored.

Now I'm going to need to give you a bief physics and eletronics lesson.

We're all heard of wormholes being created by blackholes. Black holes do this with gravity (Oviesly). Gravity is the weakest of 4 fundmental forces in the universe: Gravity, Electo-magnetical, weak nuclear, and strong nuclear. Meaning that any of these can be used to open a wormhole.

In this stargate magnetisum is used.

If one know anything about electronics you've probably head of a inducer. An inducer is a coil of wire that creates a magnetic field.

The field is shaped like this:

The thing in the middle is the inducer.

If you put a brass mesh behind the inducer, The field only goes one way. Also, the field is only genated when power is first applied to the induced. (Hense the "splash" of the stargate).

If you had enought coils (10,000 should be enough) and put enought voltage though your "stargate" (1 Million volts +) then theretically you should be about to open a wormhole.

To aim the wormhole, you would need to twist the coil in certin ways (The stargate spining would do the twisting and the cheverons would would the coils after then had been twisted. The stargats spins the opsise way ever other time to keep the coils from becomeing tanged.)

In order to get enough power to the gate you would need server large capasiters. I would take more power to open the wormhole then to just keep it open (Like in your car. It takes more gas to start then to run).

Think it would work?
    I'm from Iowa, United States

Originally posted by SG-1ssm
    Think it would work?
    No.

Comment

Why's that?

Comment

I don't mean to destroy your hopes and dreams or anything, but I just don't see it happening.

Sorry.

Comment

I don't plan oh building it. Just an idea that relise on a lot of guessing.

Comment

um.. i built a mini gate.. one side of the desk to the other.. same way didnt work.. jk. lol it did. freaks people out.

ahhaha im a terrible liar i havent even started. i thought ud need to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars just to make a cheap one way gate
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

you lost your credit when every other word was spelled wrong

Comment

Originally posted by briguy213
                you lost your credit when every other word was spelled wrong
                me or him??

i spell badly often, every other word? well thats when im tired, currently my clock in my taskabr isnt working, i have no knowledge of time, therefor sleep is beyond me. so youre prolly speakin to the other guy.,
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

considering stargate is fiction it is extremily close to the truth of wormhole physics if you are interested in this kinda thing i suggest you read michio kaku's hyperspace its a great fast read that will teach you about the concept of wormholes

(the onle inaccuracy is the amount of energy needed to create a wormhole, its not a lightbulb that a little electricity will power, it would require the full harnessed energy of a sun or possible even the collapsing of the universe)
                  My Blog - - Raise The Fist

Comment

Originally posted by SG-1ssm
                    First off, I know I have to much time on my hand if I figiered this out. My parents were talking for like 1/2 and hour after church and I was really bored.

Now I'm going to need to give you a bief physics and eletronics lesson.

We're all heard of wormholes being created by blackholes. Black holes do this with gravity (Oviesly). Gravity is the weakest of 4 fundmental forces in the universe: Gravity, Electo-magnetical, weak nuclear, and strong nuclear. Meaning that any of these can be used to open a wormhole.

In this stargate magnetisum is used.

If one know anything about electronics you've probably head of a inducer. An inducer is a coil of wire that creates a magnetic field.

The field is shaped like this:

The thing in the middle is the inducer.

If you put a brass mesh behind the inducer, The field only goes one way. Also, the field is only genated when power is first applied to the induced. (Hense the "splash" of the stargate).

If you had enought coils (10,000 should be enough) and put enought voltage though your "stargate" (1 Million volts +) then theretically you should be about to open a wormhole.

To aim the wormhole, you would need to twist the coil in certin ways (The stargate spining would do the twisting and the cheverons would would the coils after then had been twisted. The stargats spins the opsise way ever other time to keep the coils from becomeing tanged.)

In order to get enough power to the gate you would need server large capasiters. I would take more power to open the wormhole then to just keep it open (Like in your car. It takes more gas to start then to run).

Think it would work?

HA! cool theory, thats funny that, my friend asked me yesterday how to build a stargate and that I should make a threead about it!

one questioin: uve said how to make and outgoing wormhole, but how could you recieve an incoming wormhole?

Heru'ur is a God, he will rise and take revenge

Comment

One thing about electricity creating a worm hole is that it wouldn't work. You have assumed that the stargate run's off of gravity, which is correct, but not in the way you think.
                      You have left out one more force (1)Electricity (2)Gravity (3)Electo-magnetical (4)weak nuclear (5)strong nuclear (6)Light (acts as energy and wave, thus giving it a "force") .........But most importantly..........(7)Strings!!!
                      Strings is a theory that is currently undergoing many diffefent studies, but is almost clearly accepted by science everywhere.
                      A string is a 5 dimesional(Length,width,height,time,collacticity) wave/energy/gravity/everything object. It is what makes up electrons, and is inside quarks(inside electrons). These strings can act like a rubber band, and stretch in a ring. Or they can stretch and cover entire galaxies(proves parrellel universe theory).
                      So, with these strings being able to stretch and bend time, they can stretch from the mouth of one stargate to another, and be able to warp time in side of it, so that traveling is instantaneous.

Also, with the theory you put out, it would workif you went one step further. The electricity would have to be extremely focused and create a field that alter's time/gravity.(in other words: condense the energy waves so that it becomes a liquid or even a solid) So that ... Would be extremely hard/impossible.

Oh...And no...I have no life!!!

Comment

everyone knows that you need at least one toaster to build a stargate

Comment

Being someone who knows nothing about science or the workings behind the Stargate, you have me convinced
                          An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Originally posted by Cunha00
                            everyone knows that you need at least one toaster to build a stargate
                            Yes, the toaster is the key component. Can't do without it, and none of those cheap toasters either, its got to be a nice one.
                            And you've got to wrap it in christmas lights to make it look science fictiony.

Comment

Get as many toasters as you can.
                              http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                              http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Working...
                              X