This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you dial every gate at once?

I haven't seen Avenger 2.0, but in Reckoning, I saw Baal dial every gate at once. How is that possible? And what happens if you walk through the gate? I don't understand how you establish a wormhole with more than one gate...someone explain . Also...couldn't replicators still be alive as some gates are buried or destroyed, making the Dakara weapon miss many parts of the galaxy? .

I like donuts and good rep . P.S. If you send me good rep, I send it back . If you send me Donuts...I'll...umm...*Silence*

Ba'al knows all.

He's a god.

Never question him

I dunno.

Ba'al knows alot about the Stargate and he's got smart flunkies.

Maybe Ba'al's host was like... I dunno, a really smart inventor or scientist or something.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

He messes with the dialing device. It doesn't realy explain. All we know is he knows how to do it.
      *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
      *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
      *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
      *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
      *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
      *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
      *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

They said in Avenger that the DHDs dial each other periodically to update their settings and such, and that Baal knew how to use that to his advantage and chain the system together.

Comment

Originally posted by hungrytrash
          I haven't seen Avenger 2.0, but in Reckoning, I saw Baal dial every gate at once. How is that possible?
          Not sure, but I hope he remembered to call collect. Okay, seriously...obviously he overrode the normal dialing protocols which control the establishment and behavior of the wormhole. Current wormhole physics is too theoretical to give you a real world answer.

And what happens if you walk through the gate? I don't understand how you establish a wormhole with more than one gate...someone explain .
          Since the Stargate accepts matter in discrete packets (whole objects) and only reintegrates the matter once the buffer has received all the data;

and matter is converted to energy as powered by the outbound gate;

as long as the outgoing gate has enough power to simultaneously connect to all others;

then it stands to reason that the matter is simply reintegrated normally...at each location...thus creating quantum duplicates of the object.

For example, if Lt. Col. Samantha Carter would have stepped through the gate in The Reckoning, she would have created a race of identical super-intelligent, super-curious, super-polite, super-women, capable of stumping all life in the galaxy with technobabble.

Also...couldn't replicators still be alive as some gates are buried or destroyed, making the Dakara weapon miss many parts of the galaxy? .
          Absolutely, which is why a party was dispatched to search out any that were missed...the Asgard, I believe.

Comment

Yay...someone knows his stuff . Hurray!

I like donuts and good rep . P.S. If you send me good rep, I send it back . If you send me Donuts...I'll...umm...*Silence*

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime

Since the Stargate accepts matter in discrete packets (whole objects) and only reintegrates the matter once the buffer has received all the data;

and matter is converted to energy as powered by the outbound gate;

as long as the outgoing gate has enough power to simultaneously connect to all others;

then it stands to reason that the matter is simply reintegrated normally...at each location...thus creating quantum duplicates of the object.

For example, if Lt. Col. Samantha Carter would have stepped through the gate in The Reckoning, she would have created a race of identical super-intelligent, super-curious, super-polite, super-women, capable of stumping all life in the galaxy with technobabble.

Bingo! Asgard's reproduction problem solved Well....kind of. Not to mention the manufacturing biz.
              Things I've learned about the Stargate Universe:
              1. Don't kiss a goa'uld.
              2. Don't shake hands with a Wraith.
              3. Whacko! are the Ori. It's their way or the hot way.

Comment

It's sad though, because some of the Thor's die when they arrive on inhabitable planets :'(.

Comment

It's sad though, because some of the Thor's die when they arrive on inhabitable planets :'(.
                  Yeah, it'd be a shame to let a perfectly good Thor go to waste.

Well, he could always rent a puddlejumper.

Then he'd come back with a whole fleet of puddlejumpers.

Why he could even retire from his post of Supreme Commander and start his own taxi service!

Comment

k i'll explain my theory which i've believe it to be right.. they said the gate is just like a phoneline.. basically the wormhole is one big gigantic mainframe.. so you want to talk on the phone with one person.. dialing to his/her house.. you connected now.. but while your doing this.. there is millions of other people on the phone with one another but ultimately you can't connect to other peoples convo..because there are ports preventing that and which these ports carry out and control many different lines for people to talk with one another privately.. however your company (in stargate terms.. the memory in the dhds) or yourself can establish more people to come into your convo.. by using 3way calling.. and so on.. by setting it up.. so basically what im getting at is if you remove all the ports in the mainframe.. and dial ,you establish one line with no restictions.. so anyone can listen in if they wanted to.. now in stargate terms... earth can dial to say planet b... planet x can dial to planet c but not planet b cause its busy due to a restiction of not allowing you to listen in on their line.. now it would really be bad for a human or object to step in as it equally splits apart.. but an energy wave like the ancients device won't matter.. cause that energy keeps expanding.. and its just energy.. its not harming anyone.. also if u shot a staff weapon energy.. its just gonna equally divide itself. and when it does, the energy particles will just break apart since its so small it cna't hold to one another.. kinda hope you understand that.. if not.. just think about it the phone like a stargate..

Comment

Originally posted by tofuchef
                      just think about it the phone like a stargate..
                      Yes, the Stargate system is a network.

Now whether the phone line is either electrons traveling through a wire or a high-frequency EM signal traveling through space to a cell; the signal is a propagated energy wave traveling through (and disrupting) normal space, so it's obviously subject to inference and degradation.

In comparison, the Stargate network has to establish a connection outside normal space to, in turn, establish the wormhole, otherwise how would it know to establish an incoming connection within a reasonable amount of time? We're talking instantaneous travel between planets via a subspace conduit so degradation isn't as much of a factor.

But will we lose signal strength across the load of multiple Stargates? I don't believe so and here's why. The biggest power draw is the establishment of the wormhole. Maintaining the wormhole connection doesn't take as much power. If one gate can simultaneously establish and maintain multiple connections, as seen in the Reckoning, then those connections would be fully powered by that single outgoing stargate. Besides, underpowered gates flicker.

The objects are sent as discrete packets of energy, stored in the buffer at the incoming gate, and then reintegrated. Now either the signal is strong enough, the buffer gets the whole packet, and it reintegrates...or it's lost. In the case of energy, there is no conversion, just simply translation through the wormhole, perhaps with some inference with the wormhole or some charge interaction with the gate device.

However, I still believe that the matter wouldn't be lost because between the gates, it's been converted to energy.

Originally posted by tofuchef
                      but an energy wave like the ancients device won't matter.. cause that energy keeps expanding.. and its just energy.. its not harming anyone.. also if u shot a staff weapon energy.. its just gonna equally divide itself. and when it does, the energy particles will just break apart since its so small it cna't hold to one another.. kinda hope you understand that.. if not.. just think about it the phone like a stargate..
                      Here you're referring to the decrease of energy density as an energy wave radiates, and thus dissipates, over larger surface areas; which may not have anything to do energies connecting subspace distances between gates, and certainly has nothing to do with energy translated between gates.

In order words, the dissipation is irrelevent in this system. Either the energy density is powerful enough within the subspace distance of the network or it's not, irrespective of how many connections.

The load issue is the central argument here, and since the energy apparently didn't lose lose its intensity across all those gates, and did, in fact, use the incoming gates as capacitors to store and release the charge, I could only conclude as I did in my prior post.

If I've missed something in my argument or am otherwise mistaken, please correct me. But I'm pretty sure, based on real world physics, and Stargate wormhole physics, what I said is consistent.

Of course, I guarantee you if this issue is ever brought up in a Stargate episode, I'll be proven absolutely wrong.

Comment

And what happens if you walk through the gate?

It may create multiple copies of you, maybe ancients way of cloning
                        My Blog - - Raise The Fist

Comment

Originally posted by Gargen
                          It may create multiple copies of you, maybe ancients way of cloning
                          maybe.. it makes u ascend.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Working...
                          X