This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JMallozzi
    Also look for the return of an old buddy of Jack's - well, buddy in so far as he he did try to kill him last time they spent an extended period of time together off-world.
    Harry again? This is great

ana
    " I was never their age"

Comment

Good to be king (813) will be directed by Bill Gerechti and written by Michael Greenburg, PDL and PM (weirdest combination ever)

Comment

Well, this season just looks to be getting better and better by the minute. I'm a little disappointed because I was really rooting for the Harry and Mini-Jack episode that the writers said might be on the cards this season - can't help thinking it would hilarious putting those two together. But what the hey - Harry in any form is worth waiting for and watching.

Regarding the Furlings - if they ever do make an appearance, I think it would be great if they weren't cute and fluffy at all, but honking big serious kick-ass ugly aliens. It would be in keeping with Stargate's great traditions of not following the cliches and putting an original spin on what you expect. And after all just because a name sounds cute and furry doesn't necessarily make it so. I mean Furling in alien might mean 'ugly-twenty-armed beast-with-dangerous-attitude' for all we know. Can you imagine Jack's face when he's waiting for a Furling to appear expecting a cuddly Ewok and something huge and dangerous looking comes through the door instead? LOL.

Albion
        Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
          Regarding the Furlings - if they ever do make an appearance, I think it would be great if they weren't cute and fluffy at all, but honking big serious kick-ass ugly aliens. It would be in keeping with Stargate's great traditions of not following the cliches and putting an original spin on what you expect. And after all just because a name sounds cute and furry doesn't necessarily make it so. I mean Furling in alien might mean 'ugly-twenty-armed beast-with-dangerous-attitude' for all we know. Can you imagine Jack's face when he's waiting for a Furling to appear expecting a cuddly Ewok and something huge and dangerous looking comes through the door instead? LOL.

Albion
          AHA! Therein lies the punchline... OR, they might be aliens that initially appear cute and furry, but can transform into the abominations you so aptly described. And Jack would arch his eyebrows and go, "Well, that's a cliche".

It would make sense for them to be the total physical opposites to something frail-looking like the Asgard, and oh yeah, the Nox and Ancients don't exactly look like the bodybuilders of the galaxy either. It would also occur to me that the Furlings should be technologically advanced, in their own way. The Nox tend to go with a more "magical" view and the ancients have a hybrid between some sort of ascended spirituality but great mechanical devices left behind to find, not unlike some of the better puzzle games out there . So that would fill out the Alliance. Obviously, you can't have too much overlap because fans would go, "Awww... that's it?" and one of the things in a superhero team is that there has to be a unique balance between each character.
          Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
          more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Showfax updated the script of Trelak for the Episode "Good To Be King"
            for those who don't have tha ability to download the script here are a
            few information:

Director: Bill Gereghty
            Writers: Paul Mullie, Peter DeLuise and Michael Greenburg

Shooting is from July 27 to August 3, so it will be after the hiatus
            of cast/crew and will air in early 2005.

---
            http://www.Stargate-Project.com
            Last edited by Thor; 29 June 2004, 07:39 AM.
            Very good German Stargate SG-1 & Atlantis Fanpage with all Information, Lexicon, Episodeguide, most current News and a great design: www.Stargate-Project.com

Comment

Hmmm... Michael Greenberg is writing... and he pitched the Harry/Mini-Jack idea.... well, I can hope!

Comment

SPOILERS (from gateworld)
                !
                @
                #
                $
                %
                ^
                &
                (
                )
                _
                +
                ~
                -

"Meanwhile, Trelak orders one of the local people to show his Jaffa the origins of an ancient prophecy, foretelling the defeat of the invaders. He leads the Jaffa to a temple, where they recognize the mysterious writing on the wall ..."

*Sniff* *Sniff*...I smell a Furling!

Comment

Originally posted by Larry The Chevron Guy
                  SPOILERS (from gateworld)
                  !
                  @
                  #
                  $
                  %
                  ^
                  &
                  (
                  )
                  _
                  +
                  ~
                  -

"Meanwhile, Trelak orders one of the local people to show his Jaffa the origins of an ancient prophecy, foretelling the defeat of the invaders. He leads the Jaffa to a temple, where they recognize the mysterious writing on the wall ..."

*Sniff* *Sniff*...I smell a Furling!
                  Yes but, I'll bet you we still wont get to see them
                  ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                  The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Probably right. We probably won't see the Furlings, but possibly might see some engraved pictures on walls or something
                    __

__

Comment

Well, the more spoilers I read about this episode, the more that this episode is becoming my "the-one-I-am-looking-forward-to-the-most episode."

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

Harry, off-world, Jack, new civilization, new bad guy. All in all, sounds like a classic SG-1 stand-alone! What's not to love?

-tera'ngan
                      nuqDaq yuch Dapol

Comment

Working...
                      X