This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has this ever been discussed....

How about one of the major left over goa'uld's having their snake removed so they become human again. Then go on a merciless rampage to get revenge on the remaining goa-uld for the thousands of years of torture they endured. Make it one of those, "sacrifice all to get my own ends to meet" type things. Could be an interesting way to reintroduce a fan favorite overlord and bring up some interesting stories.

Now wouldn't it be even better if the host was an Asgard (like Ra was originally before taking over that young man in the Stargate movie).

He would have knowledge of Asgard technology, but be horribly twisted and merciless in his pursuit of revenge, putting innocents at risk.

Now that would be a good story.

Comment

Ya, the hole Asgard thing. That would explain why the host didn't die. Because he knows how to clone and transfer his consciense. That would also explain why Raw was so powerful.
      *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
      *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
      *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
      *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
      *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
      *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
      *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
        Now wouldn't it be even better if the host was an Asgard (like Ra was originally before taking over that young man in the Stargate movie).

He would have knowledge of Asgard technology, but be horribly twisted and merciless in his pursuit of revenge, putting innocents at risk.

Now that would be a good story.
        Yeah, we haven't really see them fully explore putting Goa'uld into people from the other races except a few stand alone episodes really. (Demons comes to mind - hardly anyone's favorite episode). Would e interesting to see in an episode or two maybe...

I was referring more to the discarded (or rescued, however it would work out) host. I mean, they have said in the show several times that the host basically is seeing out their own eyes with no control over their body.... I would like to see that explored, it would have to make someone completely crazy, watching himself kill people and not being able to do a thing about it and all. Could make for a very interesting character.

Comment

I doubt very much that Ra ever possessed an Asgard, if he had then he would have made sure to take the Asgard out as the Goa´uld don´t like competition. Plus the Goa´uld seemed to have little information on just what the asgard could do.

Now the problem with the revenge angle is that most of the Goa´uld are already dead and nobody would cry over those left. What would SG-1´s motive to get involved be?

Better if some race that had been forced into exile came back and wanted revenge on the jaffa.....

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd
            I doubt very much that Ra ever possessed an Asgard, if he had then he would have made sure to take the Asgard out as the Goa´uld don´t like competition. Plus the Goa´uld seemed to have little information on just what the asgard could do.

Now the problem with the revenge angle is that most of the Goa´uld are already dead and nobody would cry over those left. What would SG-1´s motive to get involved be?

Better if some race that had been forced into exile came back and wanted revenge on the jaffa.....

When I wrote this:
            "Make it one of those, "sacrifice all to get my own ends to meet" type things. Could be an interesting way to reintroduce a fan favorite overlord and bring up some interesting stories."

I was thinking that the ex-host would go to any length to kill a goa'uld. So SG1's interest may be saving a huge group of people that are about to be killed simply because it makes it easier for the ex-host to kill a handful or even one Goa'uld... The whole crazy guy sacrificing all thing...

Comment

I suppose it might work. Though I think anyone who´d been possessed by a system lord for a long time would be completely insane when the snake was removed.

Perhaps if another system lord (just who of them is still alive?) was hiding on a planet filled with millions of innocents and this revenging host was going to blow up the planet by carpet bombing it with nukes it would make for a good episode.

Comment

Going around and killing people, good or bad, puts a burden on you. So sacrafices sounds good.
                *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

If you have the Stargate movie on DVD, pause it at the cave scene where Daniel points to an alien. Then we immediately cut to the alien in writhing in pain. To me, it looks like an Asgard. This was supposed Ra's original form (not a Goa'uld), but the television series made him a Goa'uld, meaning that alien form was just another host body.

Also on the movie DVD, pause it as Ra gets blasted by the nuke. We momentarily see him in his previous host body again. Once again...looks like an Asgard. That is...if you account for differences in production (Jack, Daniel, Feretti, Kowalski, and Sha'uri are also played by different actors...they look somewhat different), and the fact that the Asgard have been genetic re-engineering their bodies for millennia. Looks to me like an evolutionary link between modern Asgard and the ancient Asgard found by Heimdall.

Now, obviously this can be rigourously disputed, and I really have no real solid evidence. I supposed it comes down to...I just see him as an Asgard.

As far as Ra "taking him out"...according to the movie, the body was already dying and considering that switching hosts kills the old host by default, it doesn't look good for the little grey guy. But if anyone has the ability to survive and outwit the Goa'uld in such a situation, I'd put my money on an Asgard. I mean, look at the trouble Thor gave Anubis even after the mind probe.

As far as Ra not learning the secrets of the Asgard, two possibilities.
                  1.) His advanced Asgard mind was able to hide the knowledge.
                  2.) Maybe he just wasn't a scientist. Not every Asgard has to be up on Asgard superscience. Maybe he was just a clerk or a telemarketeer....

Finally, as for the motivation...if he's out for revenge against the Goa'uld and innocents are in the way, that COULD be a motivation for SG-1 to get caught in the middle, especially if they were friendly with said innocents.

Once again, just my opinion.

Comment

It´s a nice theory if your willing to interpret the scenes from the movie in that way.

On the whole it propably holds more water then the half baked mish mash that the writers of the series have come upp with to link the movie with the show.

The main problem I have with it is that the Goa´uld in the movie built their own ship. If Ra had taken over an Asgard that would have meant that his architecture and ships came from the Asgard but in everything we´ve seen the Asgard don´t seem to built like that.

Plus we know that the Goa´uld originally infested Unas and from there went to humans.

Comment

Heh....Asgard Telemarketers.

"Hello sir, I was wondering if you'd be interested in taking some time to hear about some of our great deals in the field of hyperspacial communications? Is your current hyperspacial communications service causing your skin to prematurely turn white? With the war with the replicators going full swing, many companies are asking for more and more payments, with less and less service...."

Comment

The main problem I have with it is that the Goa´uld in the movie built their own ship. If Ra had taken over an Asgard that would have meant that his architecture and ships came from the Asgard but in everything we´ve seen the Asgard don´t seem to built like that.
                        True. Could be an OLD Asgard design...or could be acquired from another race. The impression I get from the series is that the Goa'uld acquired technical knowledge by...
                        1.) genetic inheritance (which speeds up their scientific advancement, no school is necessary, but doesn't help explain how they go from parasite to galactic conquerers)
                        2.) the knowledge gained by blending (since humans and unas were primitive, they would need to blend with another more advanced race to boost their knowledge)
                        3.) reverse engineering leftover Ancient technology (we know they did this)

It is possible that they achieve this knowledge with just methods 1 and 3 alone, but who knows how long this would take. Imagine trying to reverse engineer Ancient techology using the body of an unas. Good lord.

Besides, I got impression from comments by the Tok'ra that they used blending in gain their knowledge. But blending with who? Asgard? Don't know.

Plus we know that the Goa´uld originally infested Unas and from there went to humans.
                        Yeah, I did say "Ra's original body" didn't I? Obviously, the Asgard can't be THE original. Yes, originally they infested unas, then Ra discovered the humans and was the first to use one as a host. However, just because most Goa'uld went from unas to human doesn't mean he couldn't have gone from unas to asgard to human.

Also, according to the series Ra had been the most powerful Goa'uld and was able to acquire impressive techology through unknown means. Lacking any concrete explanation, I keep coming back to the Asgard theory.

Comment

In the series they never did explain how the Goa´uld got their spaceship design and knowledge. Obviously that means that between Unas and Humans there must have been another race (as the movie states that Ra came to Earth in a ship and not through a gateway) that provided the Goa´uld with this ability. Perhaps that was the Asgard.

In the movie don´t they say that Ra´s entire race was dying? That would mean that not only Ra was in a Asgard body.

But then like I always say about the movie, you can´t take it seriously when talking about the show. In the movie Abydos was supposed to be on the other side of the universe, a billion light years away or something, but in the series it was all of the sudden our next door neighbor

Comment

Originally posted by drronin112
                            Heh....Asgard Telemarketers.

"Hello sir, I was wondering if you'd be interested in taking some time to hear about some of our great deals in the field of hyperspacial communications? Is your current hyperspacial communications service causing your skin to prematurely turn white? With the war with the replicators going full swing, many companies are asking for more and more payments, with less and less service...."
                            Don't get me started!

I bought a defective Ancient Ring Platform, admittedly second hand, from some guy named Yu? You? U?

Anyhow the warranty was still good, so I called tech support, expecting to get an Ancient on the phone which would have been great 'cause I speak Latin.

Instead, I got voicemail informing me that the Pegaseus division of Alterran Express had been subject to a hostile takeover.

Now, get this, apparently the new management didn't support ring technology and they actually had the nerve to ask me for the coordinates to my planet so they could consume its population.

To make a long story short, I finally found the new tech support number, but an Asgard answered the phone, speaking backwards English. I was like, "No, I don't want to upgrade to Asgard beam technology. It's not completely compatible with Ancient outposts."

Comment

In the series they never did explain how the Goa´uld got their spaceship design and knowledge. Obviously that means that between Unas and Humans there must have been another race (as the movie states that Ra came to Earth in a ship and not through a gateway) that provided the Goa´uld with this ability. Perhaps that was the Asgard.

In the movie don´t they say that Ra´s entire race was dying? That would mean that not only Ra was in a Asgard body.

But then like I always say about the movie, you can´t take it seriously when talking about the show. In the movie Abydos was supposed to be on the other side of the universe, a billion light years away or something, but in the series it was all of the sudden our next door neighbor
                              I supposed Ra's race could have been dying because they were using Asgard bodies which, due to genetic manipulation, would be difficult to repair. The Unas bodies are tough and heal quickly but I got the impression that the sarcophogus doesn't work on them (though I can't remember how I got that impression).

Abydos. The single most glaring inconsistency between the movie and the series which brings up the question of how Ra could lose a planet so close.

Mind reeling from continuity errors! Must ascend to higher plane to gain enlightenment!

Comment

Working...
                              X