Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many people must know about the Stargate?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many people must know about the Stargate?

In the first few seasons not a whole lot of people would have known. Virtually no one outside the military and only a couple of hundred in the military. But in recent seasons with all the other countries being involved, and much bigger conflicts(i.e. Anubis's attack) there must be a absolutely huge number of people who'd know of it. Surely if this were real the story would break big time pretty soon. Has there been any suggestion of a going public arc in Season 9? Thanks,

David

I'd say it's less than 1,000. There's the staff at the SGC, those who know at the Pentagon, the White House and in Congress, and a few assorted souls who have found out along the way.

Comment

Lets count for just the US:

1) Teams and primary personnel on the base (SG-?, officers)
      2) The whole battalion that floods the Gateroom when a team is incoming with hostiles
      3) Auxilary USAF personnel (Cooks, drivers, perimeter guards, desk guys)
      4) Groom Lake R&D people
      5) NID
      6) All Congressional oversight jerkoffs who want to know everything (Kinsey)
      7) University faculty connected to the Gate program
      8) Every person that has ever been given emergency clearance (A whole town in Indiana, Martin the alien, Seth's cultists, etc.)
      9) Suspicious family members of all the above...

Then there are the Russians: Who knows what they've been doing...

Then China, France, and Britain, and whoever wants to know there.

Then add onto the top Science fiction TV fans who watched the one episode of "WORMHOLE: X-TREME!"
      Jack: I can't remember much, but I have these visions- A large man, with short sleeves and blue pants...

I think his name is...Homer, and he's very important to me...

Comment

i'd say at least 500 at the sgc.

last we heard, 27 teams i think. 4 people per team, generally 108
        control room staff, i'd say at least 30 or so, 3 shifts, 7 days a week
        medical staff, again 30 or so
        support staff, repair techs, enlisted folks, sf's, cooks, etc. i'd say a good 100 people
        scientists, an unknown number, let's say 40 or so at the sgc

now we have kerrigan and some of his staff who have been shown to be training cadets, an unknown number of folks at area 51, folks at peterson afb (gotta let someone know when they land teltacs there)

not to mention all the folks up the chain of command who know about it.

now we add in the joint chiefs of staff and some of thier staff. folks at the pentagon, the shuttle crew, the control room staff at nasa, all the fighter pilots from Lost City, all the folks that are cranking out those fighters, the folks that made promie and daedalus, the crews of said ships not to mention all those folks in other countries who have been let into the secret, teh brits, french, russians, etc.

easily 1-2000 folks, if not more
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'm sure a very appropriate cover story was devised for Seth's former cultists, I have no idea what town in Indiana you are referring to, the Wormhole X-Treme thing I will assume is a joke and well, no one has yet to mention Simon and the Atlantis expedition.
          Rocky

Comment

A whole town in IN:

"Citizen Joe"- They have all heard about SG-1's adventures, whether they believe it or not.
            Jack: I can't remember much, but I have these visions- A large man, with short sleeves and blue pants...

I think his name is...Homer, and he's very important to me...

Comment

Wormhole Xtreme...
              "I was just looking at the sky, Trying to figure out how many stars we'd actually been to."

Comment

A "going public" arc would rather ruin the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Quakerbone
                  A whole town in IN:

"Citizen Joe"- They have all heard about SG-1's adventures, whether they believe it or not.
                  Ah, that. But they think it is just fiction, so no real harm done there.
                  Rocky

Comment

I predict that by the end of season 9 there will be double the amount of people that know about the stargate than now

and in years to come the president will be like "people of America"*explaining that the stargate exists* "im sorry we kept it from you for so long"

and everyone will be like: duh! we already knew about it, tell us something we don't know

Heru'ur is a God, he will rise and take revenge

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      i'd say at least 500 at the sgc.

last we heard, 27 teams i think. 4 people per team, generally 108
                      control room staff, i'd say at least 30 or so, 3 shifts, 7 days a week
                      medical staff, again 30 or so
                      support staff, repair techs, enlisted folks, sf's, cooks, etc. i'd say a good 100 people
                      scientists, an unknown number, let's say 40 or so at the sgc

now we have kerrigan and some of his staff who have been shown to be training cadets, an unknown number of folks at area 51, folks at peterson afb (gotta let someone know when they land teltacs there)

not to mention all the folks up the chain of command who know about it.

now we add in the joint chiefs of staff and some of thier staff. folks at the pentagon, the shuttle crew, the control room staff at nasa, all the fighter pilots from Lost City, all the folks that are cranking out those fighters, the folks that made promie and daedalus, the crews of said ships not to mention all those folks in other countries who have been let into the secret, teh brits, french, russians, etc.

easily 1-2000 folks, if not more
                      If thats 1-2000 now then we need to take into account the projects been going on for 10 years or more. So you have to take into account rollover of personell. And what about General West and his whole crew and all the F302 pilots and the Promie and dedleus crews and trainies to be the next crews. I would say at this point we are stretching creadability that they are able to keep it a secret.

Also I think on one of the DVDs they said they were going to have President Hayes give a speach telling the world about the stargate when Anubis was attacking earth.... but when they wrote that part they thought that ep was going to be a movie so I guess it couldnt ruin the show that way but it certainly would have changed the dynamics of the Stargate universe had they made more movies or series.
                      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

mild spoilers for season nine read on if you so wish!!

in season nine there is a plague unleashed upon earth whether that has an effect on people questioning the appearance of aliens hasa yet to be seen but something that big cannot be kept quiet unlike towns like stevenson in oregon or ex cult followers in seattle.
                        the idea of a film was to reveal the gates existance when either aliens invade in an all out attack or the plot involves civilian people but since season 7 i guess we will have to wait and see but covenant sort of cleared up the fact that such a big event could not be kept quiet so a bigger event that isnt some place in the middle of nowhere would definitely arouse susspicion.
                        For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

There's also us who know that the Stargate exists on level 28 of Cheyenne Mountain.
                          * Always remember - You are unique, just like everyone else. *

* Avoid employing unlucky people, throw half of the CVs in the bin without reading them. *

Lost City, Part 2 - The Gateworld best ep S1-7

The 'Everyone Gets A Compliment' Thread

Comment

Working...
                          X