No announcement yet.

Past and Present (311)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, not herself... the bodies of the two elderly people were the only elders who were found.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Laxian of Earth View Post
      she lost control of the experiment
      That, right there, is a major, major problem. It doesn't matter how she lost control, just that she did. Given that it's not the first experiment she lost control of ("destroyer of worlds", remember?) it shows a lack of interest in, or empathy for, other people that is one of the signs of a sociopath.

Seaboe
      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Maybe, but that doesn't give them the freaking right to just delete her memory again (they can't be sure it won't come back one day! So sticking Linea in therapy would be the safer alternative and they'd still have access to her smarts and knowledge and it's not like she could run if she's under round the clock guard! She'd also stick out like a sore thumb on Earth (should she manage to leave), just like Teal'c does (just without the symbol on the forehead))

greetings LAX
        ps: I would also LIKE TO KNOW (yes, curiousity kills cats, but I am not a cat!) what she did!

Comment

She volunteered to have her memory erased again.

You can never know what she did, because TPTB never said, other that it involved an epidemic disease.

You want to make her a sympathetic character? Fine, go write the story.

Seaboe
          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

For those who haven't done the epic 9 episode quiz posted in the Proper Stargate Rewatch: round-up of polls, quizzes & jigsaw puzzles, can partake in the 3-episode quiz instead which deals with the episodes of week 19: Forever In A Day, Past And Present & Jolinar's Memories.

Jigsaw: Past And Present

My jigsaw time: 10:03

Comment

I can reclaim my title with 5 minutes and 41 seconds
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

The world is safe. It's not going to end after all.

Comment

10:49

Didn't like this one so much. Not thrilled that Daniel was attracted to a psycho woman. It did tie up the Linea storyline-- that is the only thing that I liked about this episode.

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

7:21 and 13/15

Comment

1. They sent her and the two others back to the planet with the cure. After all they didn't just make it to cure those two, they have to cure the whole population to stop its downfall.

2. They told her she is a leader among her people. Which is a lie. She was only a leader when no one remembered anything. Once everyone starts remembering they're going to be like "you were just here to do science. You weren't one of our leaders."

3. They are going to start dosing the whole population with the memory cure. So at what point does she ask why she's not getting a dose and become suspicious like she did in the SGC?

I don't see this going wrong at all. lol

I agree that they should have kept her under SGC control after wiping her memory again. Maybe moved her to a beta site off world and gave her a lab where they could have used her expertise to find cures for things while keeping her safely off earth. Gave her some beautiful happy backstory, but sadly her family all died or something in some freak accident which she barely managed to survive and just lost her memory permanently. I mean either way someone has to give her a fake backstory, if not Earth then the people she is going back to live with. At least under earth control she's not watching a whole population get the cure for memory loss while not being given it herself.
                        Saw Stargate three times in the theater when it first came out. Watched SG-1 when it first came on TV. Been a fan since the beginning. Still a fan now.

Comment

Working...
                        X