This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what atlantis expedition?

when daniel brings up and is looking at the list of names of ancients who returned to earth, he says the list is part of the "database brought back with the atlantis expedition a few weeks ago". what is he talking about? i don't think anyone has returned yet. at best, i can imagine he might be talking about the package of info that was sent back to earth in one of the last episodes of season 1 of SGA. what do you all think?

SG1's Avalon takes place more than a month (presumably 2/3 months) after Moebius, whereas SGA's The Siege part 3 takes place soon after SG1 gets the ZPM (just the time needed to study the ZPM a bit, interface it with the gate and send the troups, then put it on the Daedalus for a 4 days trip to Atlantis). Which means that the Daedalus has already come back and is ready to go there again.
    "Guinness [...] a refreshing substitute for ... food."
    Hallowed are the Ori.

Comment

Actually the daedalus is leaving in the ep 'Avalon'

The list he means is the one transmitted on the ep 'Letters from Pegasus'
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

Didn't the list have to do with the tablet he was studying.
        Spoiler:
        I understood the tablet had a list of the ancient who returned to Earth after sinking the city in the Pegasus galaxy. There hasn't been a chance to get anything more then a short burst message from Atlantis in the episode Letters From Pegasa.
        "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
        'Eleanor Roosevelt'
        Individuality is freedom lived.
        'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis1
          Didn't the list have to do with the tablet he was studying.
          Spoiler:
          I understood the tablet had a list of the ancient who returned to Earth after sinking the city in the Pegasus galaxy. There hasn't been a chance to get anything more then a short burst message from Atlantis in the episode Letters From Pegasa.
          From what I got he compared the tablet against the Ancient database.
          Spoiler:
          Which couldn't have been transmitted in a short burst given its supposed size. Besides, since the ZPM which allows the Daedalus is found in Moebius, and that Teal'c has left one month before Avalon for Dakara, it's more likely that the Daedalus has returned and is prep'ing to go back.
          Hallowed are the Ori.

Comment

He says
            Spoiler:
            JACKSON: *staring at comp* Uh…well this is a portion of the database the Atlantis expedition brought back with them a few weeks ago… specifically it's the log of the names of the ancients who left the planet when it was under siege from the wraith and returned to earth.
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
              He says
              Spoiler:
              JACKSON: *staring at comp* Uh…well this is a portion of the database the Atlantis expedition brought back with them a few weeks ago… specifically it's the log of the names of the ancients who left the planet when it was under siege from the wraith and returned to earth.
              See, they brought it back, they didn't send it.
              Hallowed are the Ori.

Comment

Yeah, Sg-1 is about a month ahead of Atlantis in the Stargate world.

You figure, the Seige took place right after Threads and the discovery of the ZPM.

But in SG-1 9X01 at least a month or two has passed.

I'm guessing by the time the Atlantis crew get back home, it'll be about the same time. (Since it's one week there, one week back without a ZPM)

Comment

Seems plausible and the time lag would explain how Daniel was able to grow such a beard
                  love Torri

Comment

I'm only gonna say this One. More. Time.

Daniel mentioned the daedelus' return trip to Atlantis. It went to Atlantis. It came back. It goes again during the episode.

Comment

OK I believe you

Its strange that they didnt mention the victory though
                      love Torri

Comment

wow, this is way to confusing. lol

I think i get it now.

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

I don't like SG-1 being ahead of Atlantis . Same time rocks!

I like donuts and good rep . P.S. If you send me good rep, I send it back . If you send me Donuts...I'll...umm...*Silence*

Comment

Originally posted by hungrytrash
                            I don't like SG-1 being ahead of Atlantis . Same time rocks!

You and me both

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey
                              I'm only gonna say this One. More. Time.

Daniel mentioned the daedelus' return trip to Atlantis. It went to Atlantis. It came back. It goes again during the episode.
                              Yeah, that's what I figured as well. As for why the victory over the Wraith wasn't mentioned, I'd assume that's just so the shows can stay as separate as possible. The Atlantis expedition beat the Wraith so it'll be mentioned whenever the Atlantis people come back to the SGC in Atlantis itself.
                              Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
                              Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
                              Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
                              Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

Working...
                              X