Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Episode Order (Spoilers for End of s8, Start of s9, End of SGA s1, Start of SGA s2)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode Order (Spoilers for End of s8, Start of s9, End of SGA s1, Start of SGA s2)

In what order do these episodes take place chronologically?

SG-1 Moebius Part 1
    SG-1 Moebius Part 2
    SGA The Siege Part 1
    SGA The Siege Part 2
    SGA The Siege Part 3
    SG-1 Avalon Part 1

I guess my real question is where Avalon fits in with it all, I had a theory about it at the end of last season, but now after seeing the Season Openers I'm confused. In Moebius we see SG-1 recover a ZPM and ship it off to Area 51. In The Siege we see the Daedulus arrive with the ZPM. In Avalon the Daedulus is launching to go to Atlantis, is this a new mission than the one in The Siege or the beginning of the one in The Siege? If it's the beginning of the one in the Siege (as some of Carter's comments suggest) are we to believe that Daniel grew a full beard in that short amount of time? Also how close together to these take place (a few days? a few weeks? a month? a few months?) from the moment the SGC received the Atlantis Expidition's message?
    ...Stargate is not about the angry nerd.

-David Hewlett,
    Gateworld Podcast Episode #8

I seem to recall that not too long before The Siege, Weir said that they had been on Atlantis for "the last few months". Avalon made it clear that it had been two years since the events of Lost City. Now, it isn't any secret that as human beings we like to simplify dates, and the "two years" comment is probably rounded up, so it probably hasn't been a full two years yet.

I would feel safe hazarding a guess that Avalon takes place at least a couple of months post-Siege, and that Moebius takes place either during or shortly before The Siege.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by ImmrtlofDrknss
      SG-1 Moebius Part 1
      SG-1 Moebius Part 2
      SGA The Siege Part 1
      SGA The Siege Part 2
      SG-1 Avalon Part 1
      SGA The Siege Part 3
      Thats the order I think - how did he grow that beard so quick?
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
        Thats the order I think - how did he grow that beard so quick?
        Maybe he still has some residual Ascended-ness to him and being able to grow a hair really quick one of the perks.

I had the same problem with the Angel Season 5 opener and Angel's hair (the second episode said that it happened 19 days after Sunnydale collapsed in the Buffy finale which Angel was in so therefor he grew his hair out considerably in 19 days).

Getting back on topic maybe there is time inbetween the Siege part 3 and the Intruder thus allowing Atlantis to catch back up with SG-1 chronologically. Guess we'll find out tomorrow night.
        ...Stargate is not about the angry nerd.

-David Hewlett,
        Gateworld Podcast Episode #8

Comment

SG-1 Moebius Part 1
          SG-1 Moebius Part 2
          SGA The Siege Part 1
          SGA The Siege Part 2
          SGA The Siege Part 3
          SGA Intruder
          SG-1 Avalon Part 1
          Spoiler:
          (Daedleus starts its return trip after intruder)

SG-1 Avalon Part 2
          Spoiler:
          (Daedleus continues its return trip after intruder)

Then the next SG-A and SG-1 are in synch (hopefully depends on how much time Vala actually stays connected to Daniel). At least that is my guess having read very few spoilers and having not seen the eps.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

No, "Avalon" takes place BEFORE "Seige," Part Two. If it didn't, they would have "Avalon"
            Spoiler:
            already uploaded the long range plotting program to the Daedalus, but that's what Carter was working on.
            Rocky

Comment

I dont know and i have learnt not to think about it, it gives me a headache

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                No, "Avalon" takes place BEFORE "Seige," Part Two. If it didn't, they would have "Avalon"
                Spoiler:
                already uploaded the long range plotting program to the Daedalus, but that's what Carter was working on.
                So your saying.
                Mobieus I & II
                then at least a month passes maybe more,
                Avalon I
                then Siege I, II and II start? (Assuming the entire Siege lasted what 48-72 hours)

But wait in LFP we only had 3 days before the Siege started. When Mobieus started had the SG-C already received the download from LFP or did they not get that until sometime After Mobieus II but before Sam left for Area 51 a week prior to Avalon? I guess that would make more since for the time it would take to study the ZPM and stick it in the Dedelus. But in Threads there was the Ancient newspaper artical about the wraith being on their way to atlantis which has me going back to Siege happening just after Threads, and Mobieus 2 ended just before the fishing ending of threads... ok, I officially have no clue but Im sticking with my original unless I get offical word to the contrary or someone brings up a better solution that makes more since. But if
                Spoiler:
                Landry is in Intruder, which I might of heard that he possibly could be
                then I would say that Avalon definitly happens AFTER Siege... we will see tonight.
                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Like i said its confusing

Comment

I'd have to say that Avalon Pt. 1 and Siege Pts. 1 through 3 would be overlapping. Avalon Pt. 1 is working in compressed time, in that it takes place over several days, whereas the entire Siege is decompressed, taking place over several hours. The reasoning for this is that the ZPM is mentioned in passing in Avalon, which would mean that it's the first voyage to Atlantis. There's some little continuity quibbles, but there's some little continuity quibbles between SG1 seasons 7 and 8, so it's a moot point.

Comment

Ok, I remain confused. Intruder definitly took place after Avalone but we dont know if Seige did or not.
                      Spoiler:
                      I suspect Danniel should have been on Deadelus in intruder. That would make more since that he was going with the extended personel on the 2nd trip as opposed to the military people on the first trip.
                      But we really dont know. I guess we can throw this in the ask Joe thread and see if he will answer.

Comment

Working...
                      X