This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would YOU have done Season 7??

Season 7: I've heard a lot of complaints and critisms of season 7, so I thought I'd make this thread to ask how would you have done it?

Basic ground rules:
    -You have to bring Daniel back
    -Jonas cannot stay on as a main character (He can be a recurring Character Similar to Jacob or Bra'tac)
    -Everything done season 1-6 is stuck in stone you can't change it.
    -You still have the same constrains with RDA's time.

So whats your ideal season 7?
    sigpic
    Banner By JME2

A heck lot less ship. From what I've seen shippers (of any couple) have no trouble seeing ship on their own, they don't need tptb forcing it on poor anti-shippers.

Jack wouldn't be stuck in every episode, just to say he's there. The ones he was in he'd actually be in and contribute.

More team eps.

Anubis would not be a cartoon villian. Since season 6 would still be canon, they'd actually deal with the destruction of Abydos. I like villians that they have a reason to hate beyond, "ooh, he's a gou'ald! Bad! Bad!" Daniel has a reason to hate Anubis, and we'd deal with it. We'd also deal with Daniel's own feelings of guilt, that I think he might have, and we'd really deal with him regaining his memory.

There'd be less stuff blowing up, they'd use the gate more.

Jack would show that he cared deeply for all his teammates. Yes, I am talking about Daniel. Evolution2 would not make me want to skin Jack alive for being a cold s.o.b.

Grace? What's that?

Heroes2 would be a lot different. Highlight to read.Janet would be alive
    I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

I would have taken the first 15 minutes of TLC: Part 2 and put it in TLC: Part 1, then stretched out TLC: Part 2 a bit.
      sigpic

Comment

Daniel wouldn't recover his memory right away, it'd be an ongoing but very minor arc through at least the first half of the season, with Daniel tending to remember things at odd and inconvenient moments. He wants to take time off to "find himself" again, but Jack insists that they need him now more than ever.

We get vague hints from Sam that there could be a man in her life but she chooses, for the time being, to keep details to herself.

Stories would focus on getting back to basics- exploration and defense. The destruction of Abydos would have unforseen aftereffects and might cause problems with some of our allies... who would start to question our reliability. Daniel, when he remembers Abydos and his role in what happened, would suffer a major guilt trip and his brooding about it would cause him to remember vague bits from his time as an ascended being. Not an awful lot, but enough to make him question just who's side Oma (and by default he) had been on.

Jack disappears early on in the season. All Hammond will tell the team is that he's on a vitally important mission, the details of which can't be shared with anyone- not even them. Carter fills in as the leader of the team, a position which turns out to be more complicated than she ever imagined. Teal'c turns out to be a big help, lending his wisdom and experience and, more importantly, his faith in her.

Jonas puts in an appearance. Kelowna is on the brink of civil war. He's been forbidden to contact Earth but has come anyway seeking help with some strange disappearances that have been occurring- people and artifacts are missing with no trace of what happened to them. SG-1 (with Carter in the lead) lend what help they can, but all signs point towards an impossibility: Nirrti. Hints are made that there could be government involvement, but before any evidence can be found, SG-1 is discovered and kicked off the planet. Jonas is demoted.

We get occasional hints about what Jack is up to, or at least a few facts/rumors start to surface which have the teammates suspecting that Jack might be involved in whatever it is.

The Super Soldiers exist, but only as rumors of "ghost warriors" who are impervious to weapons of all kind and who appear and disappear at will. Whole SG teams disappear and/or are massacred and Teal'c hears word that these "ghost warriors" are attacking Jaffa, too. Not just the rebels, either. Patterns are hard to predict and eyewitness accounts (not that there are ever many survivors) tend to contradict each other. Teal'c has his hands full with the rebel Jaffa, who are growing restless and increasingly less confident that the Tau'ri are capable of helping them in their cause.

Avenger 2.0 features McKay, not Felger, and the ep is generally more serious in nature. Jack calls in from wherever he is offworld, furious at the delay the virus is causing- he needs to report in and he needs to report in NOW. Hammond assigns Sam to work with McKay and sparks fly as usual. McKay tries to get Sam to stay behind when he volunteers to go offworld and fix the problem and expresses some genuine concern for her, which she interprets as an insult and rebuffs. They go back to sniping. McKay is justified to learn that it wasn't entirely his fault the virus went awry and is flattered that the goa'uld thought it worthy of stealing. He devises a solution, but still needs Carter's ingenuity to pull it off and save the day. They make a pretty good team, but neither is willing to admit it.

Chimera would focus on Daniel and Osiris and would be a little more sped up so that Osiris is captured 3/4 of the way through the ep. The final act would be mostly concerned with a very traumatized Sarah trying to bring forth memories of exactly what it was Osiris wanted from Daniel and why. What answers she can find don't seem to make much sense- not to her and not to Daniel. The Ancients are mentioned as well as something known only as "The Enemy".

The B-plot is Pete who, it turns out, is the secret Carter has been trying to keep. B-plot is from Pete's perspective. That gives us a better insight into his character and motivations and let's us see how strangely Carter is acting, at least to an "outside" observer. He doesn't follow Carter on the stakeout but sort of stumbles across it and becomes involved. He is told only enough to keep him quiet and while that's enough to keep him happy, it may not be enough for Carter...

A Ghost Warrior is captured. Carter and Teal'c are sent to investigate. They aren't able to learn much except that some of the Warrior's equipment/abilities may tie in with the things Jonas reported missing. The Warrior has also undergone some massive gengineering/genetic mutation that once again bring to mind Nirrti's experiments. Jack appears out of the blue and assumes command, but he isn't telling them anything. When the Warrior dies under mysterious circumstances, Carter wonders if Jack had anything to do with it.

Meanwhile, Daniel is plagued by half-memories of his time as an ascended being. Using his own notes, stuff added by Jonas and Sarah's scattered accounting of Osiris's memories, he manages to track down and activate an Ancient device located on Earth. Or he thinks he does. He can't immediately determine what it's doing, but eventually he figures out that it's sending out a powerful signal. About the time he figures that out, the signal stops. Meanwhile, a device on the dead Warrior's armor starts to blink. On Langara, an artifact located in the clutter on Jonas's desk begins to pulse. Ancient text momentarily flickers across his computer screen, then returns to normal. Jonas doesn't see it happen.

Heroes would fit in there somehow, with Jack coming back on another one of his brief visits to fill in Hammond on what's happening. Carter wouldn't go all gooey-eyed about Jack being the greatest thing to the Stargate Program, ever. This could be the ep where Jack finally gets to fill in his teammates on what's been happening, but since it's from the POV of the reporter, we don't get any clear idea of what it is, only that it's big. Jonas shows up again, having once again defied his superiors. He's distracted and skittery and the reporter's attempts to interview him turn out oddly as Jonas alternates rhapsodizing about Earth food with random bits about dreams and voices and needing to find something, then claiming he doesn't know what the reporter is talking about when pressed for details. Hopefully this could be condensed to one ep.

The scientist working on Goa'uld/human hybrid is getting help from Nirrti who is, in turn, working for Anubis (unwillingly- she owes him a great debt). There could be ties to the Ghost Warriors as well. Discovering the source of the Ghost Warriors has been Jack's ongoing mission this season. Jack and Teal'c investigate while Carter and Daniel try to puzzle out what's going on with Jonas. Jonas has returned because he's found evidence that his government is in collusion with Anubis and that they've been supplying him with artifacts and "genetic samples" to help with his Ghost Warriors project. However, something more seems to be bothering him and he's still acting a bit off. Daniel is able to tie in some of what Jonas is talking about with his research into the Ancients/search for the lost city, but he has no idea how Jonas is managing to come by this information. Nirrti manages to escape Jack and Teal'c but promises they have not seen the last of her. She drops hints about Jonas. Jack and Teal'c return to base to discover that Jonas has left. Jack leaves, too, off to investigate some of his own leads on his own.

Sam figures that Jonas is upset about his government's role in things, but Daniel discovers that Jonas has translated some of the Ancient texts that had been left lying on Daniel's desk. The artifact Daniel discovered is active again, only this time it's doing something slightly different and he isn't sure what. He has a suspicion that Jonas may have some answers, but when Sam, Daniel and Teal'c go to Langara to find him, they discover that Jonas has gone missing... and that THEY are under suspicion. The only clue in Jonas's office is the pusling artifact, which has been dropped on the floor. SG-1 manages to escape, barely, but chances are they won't be welcomed back. Ever.

Lost City probably plays out pretty much the same, but with the added factor of a missing Jonas adding weight to certain things, especially after Jack downloads the archive and Daniel starts to notice more points of reference between the effect the archive has on Jack and the way Jonas was behaving. Nirrti's involvement is a strong possibility.

Comment

Oh, something else. No homages.

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Comment

Amen to no homages.

Comment

I have far less complaints about season 7 than it seems so many do, but here are a few things I would change:
              • Teal'c has lines in non-Jaffa episodes, too
              • Jonas doesn't go back to his homeworld, instead he becomes more of a liason, going on missions and/or helping Daniel/Sam with translations/R&D from time to time (at least 4 episodes); however, only "Fallout" has anything to do with his homeworld; he is spun off into "Atlantis" through his involvement in the plotline of "The Lost City"
              • Janet doesn't die
              • Pete, "Space Race", and "Enemy Mine" do not exist
              • McKay has some role to prep us for his part in "Atlantis"
              The most negotiable of those for me is Janet's death. I thought "Heroes" was good, and it made sense in some ways for them to kill her character off, but it will be weird without her.

That about covers it for me.
              It's antithetical to my character and I don't like it on a fundamental level.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowmaat
                Chimera would focus on Daniel and Osiris and would be a little more sped up so that Osiris is captured 3/4 of the way through the ep. The final act would be mostly concerned with a very traumatized Sarah trying to bring forth memories of exactly what it was Osiris wanted from Daniel and why. What answers she can find don't seem to make much sense- not to her and not to Daniel. The Ancients are mentioned as well as something known only as "The Enemy".

The B-plot is Pete who, it turns out, is the secret Carter has been trying to keep. B-plot is from Pete's perspective. That gives us a better insight into his character and motivations and let's us see how strangely Carter is acting, at least to an "outside" observer. He doesn't follow Carter on the stakeout but sort of stumbles across it and becomes involved. He is told only enough to keep him quiet and while that's enough to keep him happy, it may not be enough for Carter...
                i could have lived with this version of the episode much easier. i actually wouldn't have had to hate pete then.
                also, he wouldn't have walked out on her the morning after they sleep together. preferably they wouldn't have slept together (at least not so obviously, they could have ended that scene with "so do you want to come in?" if they really wanted to get the point across) and that scene wouldn't have had even the oportunity to exist.

as for what i'd do differently, not that much. i'd have given osiris a much better send off, similar to what was expressed above.
                there wasn't too much i didn't like about it though. jonas would have been back more. enemy mine would have been more interesting. teal'c and Ista wouldn't have happened so suddenly and obviously (i'm starting to think some of TPTB are a little bit frustrated in that department). daniels memory would have been more of an issue, and not just for the sake of exposition. (like jonas being new in season 6)
                if i were to redo the season, i wouldn't do too much to it.
                if i were to just make my own season, i wouldn't have come up with half of what they did, so it would be entirely different. can't really say how though, because i already have the experience of seeing season 7. i'm not explaining myself very well here, am i?

Comment

ooh ooh! maybourne is back. so is mckay. mini jack doesn't check out underage girls, nor does he appear to be an alcoholic
                  cassie is in heroes. maybe a scene where sam goes to her house or picks her up from somewhere to tell her what happened.
                  MORE HOMAGES! (what, i like them )
                  coombs would be in avenger 2.0, at least briefly.
                  ok i think thats it. for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                    Grace? What's that?
                    Grace was a good episode IMO. What spoiled it was the nauseating over-the-top ship it generated. The only hug between Jack and Sam that was justified in Season 7 was the one at the end of Death Knell.

Heroes2 would be a lot different. Highlight to read.Janet would be alive
                    In my AR she will be along with Jonas becoming a recurring character, Pete going away, Major Davis transferring to Cheyenne Mountain, General Hammond staying in command and Jack going off to run the newest Alpha site so he and Sam can get over each other.

Fan fiction is even better than dreams!

Comment

Guess I overthought the question just a wee bit, huh? Ah well. I'll try again when my thoughts are feeling smaller.

Comment

Stargate SG1 - 7x01 - Fallen: Would Left it the way it was

Stargate SG1 - 7x02 - Homecoming: Would have more Ha'taks attacking Anubis, would also have the SGC send alot of people to pick upp all the rests of Anubis' ship.

Stargate SG1 - 7x03 - Fragile Balance: Would have left it the way it is, with a small change. Jack Jr. would not go to high school, instead he would have some role in the SGC.

Stargate SG1 - 7x04 - Orpheus. Would have left it the way it was.
                        Stargate SG1 - 7x05 - Revisions: Would never have been filmed.
                        Stargate SG1 - 7x06 - Lifeboat: Wouls never have been filmed.

Stargate SG1- 7x05-06: A Well deserved present, but a costly one.

The SGC get information that a Ha'tak belonging to Kali has crashed on a planet. However they must move quickly, because Baal has also gotten this information. The SGC brings in ALOT. Assault teams, Stationary Machine guns. Anti Aircraft Missiles and everything, they'd call the rebel Jaffa too so that they would really secure.

Well while they are fixing the ship, one of Baals underlord shows up. the SGC and rebeljaffa flees into the Ha'tak and start playing a game of Hide 'N Seek. After heavy casualties on both sides the SGC was able to hold off the attack.

The Episode ends with the Ha'tak going to hyperspace to the Beta site.

Stargate SG1 - 7x07 - Enemy Mine: Less ugh nog uuuj. would have shown them start mining and that humans and unas can work together.

Stargate SG1 - 7x08 - Space Race: Would have left it the way it was, But would also started negosiations about weapon technology.

Stargate SG1 - 7x09 - Avenger 2.0: Wouldn't have changed anything, atleast not that I can come up with.

Stargate SG1 - 7x10 - Birthright - Would have shown the female Jaffa getting equipment and being taught mlilitary tactics.

Stargate SG1 - 7x11-12 - Evolution - Would have left it the way it was. The SGC Ha'tak was helping the female Jaffa with a raid to get more naquadah. Maybe the SGC should have taken a few Ha'taks, Gliders, Tel'taks and Al'keshs from Lord Whatshisface.

Stargate SG1 - 7x13 - Grace.avi - Would have shown the BC-303 firing the main Asgard Cannon.

Stargate SG1 - 7x14 - Fallout - We help them, for a big share of the Naquadriah P.S. If we can get tok'ra crystals for this, why don't we make an underground base on the moon or something? Building F-302s and stuff

Stargate SG1 - 7x15 - Chimera - More focus on what Sarah and Pete felt and maybe integrate them into SGC?

Stargate SG1 - 7x16 - Death Knell.avi - Would have left it the way it was. SGC-Ha'tak is currently undergoing repairs and upgrades.

Stargate SG1 - 7x17 - Heroes, part 1 - left it the way it was. GOD I LOVE THAT PROBE!

Stargate SG1 - 7x18 - Heroes, part 2 - Would have given more time to show the action. And less of this ''oooh Jack might be dead...''

Stargate SG1 - 7x19 - Resurrection - Would never have filmed it.

Stargate SG1 - 7x19 - : In order to test the Upgraded BC-303 ( all human weapons are removed(AA-Guns) and replaced with Goa'uld Glider Cannon, Al'kesh-turret on the highest point, second Al'kesh Cannon(from evolusion) upper middle. The 6 Missile Launchers on the back would be 4 missile launchers and 2 cannons we negosiated us to (Space Race). The 4 front launchers would all have been removed and 4 cannons added there.
                        This Updated BC-303, together with the 2 Ha'taks, gliders with missiles, and 8 F-302s, would attack a small naquadah mine occupied by Kali. They would destroy the two Ha'taks guarding it with only a Al'kesh being destroyed. The BC-303 would then return to Earth while the 2 Ha'taks stayed for a while, leaving Mining Equipment and people to set it up. The 2 Ha'taks would then hide for a while, if anyone should try to attack the Naquadah mine.

Stargate SG1 - 7x20 - Inauguration - Great Episode.
                        Stargate SG1 - 7x21 - The Lost City, part 1 - Would have speeded things up a bit
                        Stargate SG1 - 7x22 - The Lost City, part 2 - As soon as Anubis scoutpart appeared the 2 SGC Ha'taks would have been given new orders: Attack one of Anubis' outposts.
                        Then I would have shown MUCH MUCH more action. The BC-303 with energy weapons, niiiiiiice
                        Last edited by aAnubiSs; 21 June 2004, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                          Stargate SG1- 7x05-06: A Well deserved present, but a costly one.

The SGC get information that a Ha'tak belonging to Kali has crashed on a planet. However they must move quickly, because Baal has also gotten this information. The SGC brings in ALOT. Assault teams, Stationary Machine guns. Anti Aircraft Missiles and everything, they'd call the rebel Jaffa too so that they would really secure.
                          Is this episode one that's already there, or is it your replacement for Lifeboat and Revisions?

Fallout- somebody, anybody would at least mention what Daniel did for their petty little world.

Comment

Is this episode one that's already there, or is it your replacement for Lifeboat and Revisions?

Fallout- somebody, anybody would at least mention what Daniel did for their petty little world.
                            That was my replacement episode. A two-parter.

Daniel never gets any credit:>

Comment

aAnubiSs, it sounds like our opinions are pretty different. You didn't have anything you wanted changed for episodes I didn't like, and you disliked some episodes I thought were okay.

But really, what's with the .avi stuff? Been doing some downloading have we?
                              It's antithetical to my character and I don't like it on a fundamental level.

Comment

Working...
                              X