• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great interview! Interesting
    __

__

Comment

Originally posted by shinyredpants
      Hahahahahaha Cypher, i'll remember that one next time i rent movies.
      Won't do ya any good. Unless you're in Southeast Asia. Cypher is only released in Region 3. I found a good deal on ebay, though. Well worth the money, IMO, even if David's role was regrettably small. Guess they didn't want him to upstage the main star.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        Go watch Boa vs. Python instead. It's mindless drivel, but it has lots of David looking very buff.
        BTW, that mindless drivel will be airing again on Scifi network:

Boa vs. Python - Sunday, June 27, 7:00 p.m. ET

I fell asleep and missed most of David looking buff the first time it aired so I may try and catch it again. Maybe there are some nuances to the story I missed the first time around.

Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Nice interview!
          I loved his charecter so i'm really happy that
          he's in Atlantis, hope to see Amanda over on
          Atlantis as well at some point as the banter
          between them was fun to watch.
          Laughed m head off when he said about sneeking
          over to the SG1 set and stealing food and
          leaving snarky notes
          ......TARA......

Comment

LOL i've just been promted to mature snake!
            ......TARA......

Comment

Yes, great interview. If I wasn't psyched for Atlantis before, I am now! Actually, I'm getting more and more psyched every day now. Yay!
              Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

That's a great interview, thanks Darren!! He's such a funny guy, I really hope he does do conventions.

Comment

David Hewlett is my primary reason for watching Atlantis. I'm not much for spinoffs, as most tend to be tepid shadows of the original, but I will give the show a chance. Just depends if the writing picks up ...

I met David at the Kung Fu conventions he mentioned, which are so different from today's conventions I think the poor guy would go into cardiac arrest at an SGC con! At the KFTLC event, there were no overbearing security people, only 125 attendees max, guests and attendees mingled freely and hung around and talked about anything and everything. I dare say there hasn't been a convention like it nor do I think there will be one (ah, the good ole days....)

But David is a great guy to chat with. If I had the opportunity to do lunch with an Atlantis actor, I'd pick him instantly.

Comment

Me too! One reason that I am excited about Atlantis isn't that they've got some continuity from the show with MacKay, but because he was a character that I really enjoyed but we saw little of - and now we've got the chance to explore the character in full.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
                      Me too! One reason that I am excited about Atlantis isn't that they've got some continuity from the show with MacKay, but because he was a character that I really enjoyed but we saw little of - and now we've got the chance to explore the character in full.
                      The real question will be: how is McKay going to operate in another part of the galaxy if he doesn't know what might be an alien citrus fruit?

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                        The real question will be: how is McKay going to operate in another part of the galaxy if he doesn't know what might be an alien citrus fruit?
                        That's why he's sticking to powerbars

Comment

Great interview! Wow! I knew I was right! David's awesome. And hysterical! Crossing over to steal food and leave snarky messages. hehe. Now I'm all hyped up for Atlantis.

LOVED it, Darren. Totally loved it. Am also insanely jealous of you. I hope he decides to do cons...
                          This interview has me excited about Atlantis as well. David sounds great. I have always thought he would make a great con guest. From the interview it sounds like no one has ever asked him. I hope he does a con where I can see him.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

Bad?! I thought it was awesome! Now, Cube 2 was a piece of monkey dung, but I loved the original. Guess I won't recommend Cypher to ya, then. Your poor little mind obviously isn't capable of appreciating the subtleties of good cinema. Go watch Boa vs. Python instead. It's mindless drivel, but it has lots of David looking very buff.
                            Have any of you seen TREED MURRAY? David Hewlett made it a few ago. I rented it because he was in it. It was quite good. It was interesting to see him in a dramatic role.
                            sigpic
                            Sig by the Multi Talented KASS. : )

Comment

Originally posted by Scarym1
                              Have any of you seen TREED MURRAY? David Hewlett made it a few ago. I rented it because he was in it. It was quite good. It was interesting to see him in a dramatic role.
                              Yep. Saw it and ended up liking it a lot more than I thought I would. Definitely NOT something I would have chosen on my own, but it turned out to be a fairly good story, IMO... Although I was left wanting to know a lot more about David's character. The American title, for those who wanna know, is GET DOWN. Utterly stupid name, but that's America for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by David
                                Actually Morjana, this was Darren's first audio interview! I just did some audio editing- he did the rest. Three cheers!
                                If you don't mind me asking, what did you edit out?
                                I'm so out of all the rest of the scripts now. McKay's going to go looking for a file and never come back now. "Yeah, I thought I saw it in the other room." Cut to Season Eight: "Yeah, he died! That McKay guy ..."

April (obsessed with David Hewlett)

Comment

Working...
                                X