Forever In a Day (310)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HelloVelo
    This might be the quintessential Daniel episode. The entire story took place in a few seconds while Sha’uri was scrambling his brain. We learned a lot more about Daniel’s thoughts and his relationships.

The plot was driven by two big events. Teal’c killed Sha’uri, which saved Daniel but might have prompted him to leave the stargate program. Sha’uri also told Daniel where to find her child, which gave him a reason to continue. It ended as he said goodbye to Sha’uri in a touching scene.

My favorite parts of this episode were the interactions between each team member and Daniel. Sam let her soft side out. There were a number of moments when she had tears in her eyes, and she gave Daniel a big hug. I was heartbroken when Teal’c asked Daniel for forgiveness. Jack did his best to express his repressed emotions, and it showed just how much he would have missed him.

My Rating: 8/10
    I agree this was a very good episode, however the character of Sam isn't realistic. We do have to realize that it's all a part of the intermingling of the minds of Daniel, Sha'uri, and Amonet. On a slightly different note I would have to disagree with you about this being the "quintessential Daniel episode". In my opinion Meridian is the quintessential Daniel episode.
    sigpic

Comment

I honestly would have loved to see an AU episode in where daniel did quit cause of Shar'es death.. and what the reprocussions of that would be.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        I honestly would have loved to see an AU episode in where daniel did quit cause of Shar'es death.. and what the reprocussions of that would be.
        That would be interesting to see, I'm sure everything would be completely different.
        sigpic

Comment

I've only seen this episode once. I am a bit confused about what happened here. I may need to re-watch again, but I am not inclined to.

Sha're died. The child was found but was sent somewhere. Daniel was hurt and angry about everything.

The only thing I'd enjoy watching again would be Jack's reaction to the new guy.

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
            That would be interesting to see, I'm sure everything would be completely different.
            Though what and to what extent... that is the question

Comment

It was a good but emotional episode for Daniel. I hated seeing him lose Sha're. She's 1 person whose among the most deserving to be saved. This was a tragedy all the way around, for Teal'c too. I know it just added to the remorse he feels for everything he did before joining the SGC

Comment

Originally posted by SG1FanOregon View Post
                It was a good but emotional episode for Daniel. I hated seeing him lose Sha're. She's 1 person whose among the most deserving to be saved. This was a tragedy all the way around, for Teal'c too. I know it just added to the remorse he feels for everything he did before joining the SGC
                Yeah, I agree...Daniel should have been able to stay with her forever...They were so right for each other... ( I liked her too even though you didn't really understand her in the beginning...Don't like tragedy...at all

Comment

The episode that didn't happen, in a way at least.

Like someone else said would be good to see how Daniel leaving the SGC would affect our exploration through the Stargate, or if simply if Sha're was never taken would he really of been "out there".

At least in these initial seasons it seems that like Daniel said he only really stepping through the gate with the hope that he would find Sha're and now the child. I'd like to think that even though that was a major contributor to why he joined the SGC that he also learnt the importance of his contribution to the Stargate program, SGC and SG-1 and that even in the early stages that wasn't just the only reason he stepped through the gate.

Was an interesting idea, but not my most favourite episode.

Stargate SG-1 Re-Watch: Season 1, 2, 3

Comment

Quite a sad and confusing episode. I didn't really like it. I also didn't like that Sha're died. Why didn't they take her to the Tok'ra? like they said in one of Daniel's "visions"

Comment

My first time watching this episode, and in my opinion, it's the best Daniel centered episode so far in the series. Lots and lots of angst, but so beautifully done.

Originally posted by Harlan's Speechwriter View Post
                      Once again, there was great acting all round, but especially from MS and CJ. Teal'c strikes me as being a very hard character to play, because he is so strong and silent; to get his emotions accross, you have to do a lot with a little, if that makes any sense. CJ does that superbly, IMHO.
                      I totally agree. MS and CJ portrayed Daniel's grief and Teal'c remorse very well. Not many episodes so far have focused on the relationship between Daniel and Teal'c, so this was overdue.

Comment

Very confusing episode .
                        I liked Sha're , so sad that we'll never see her again.

Rating: 6/10

Comment

i like this episode sha'res death was sad and the friendship between Teal'c and danial getting shaky after i found great because it would be what would really happen altho it was not teal'cs fuilt he was only trying to save his friend.
                          sigpic

Comment

probably the most all over the place episode in the series possibly out of all of sg-1 imo, i still have trouble figuring out the end.

Comment

The first time I saw this episode I disliked it. I thought it was annoying on several levels. But upon a second viewing, I loved it! Great episode!
                              sigpic
                              Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by Ptah View Post
                                I don't see why Teal'c needed to shoot her - he could have just whacked her on the head with his staff weapon or something.
                                Or shot her hand that had the weapon. She may lose a hand, but not her life.
                                sigpic "We do get paid for this, right?"

Comment

Working...
                                X