Forever In a Day (310)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by walter_MacChevron
    Very good character building episode for Daniel, and I like how Teal'c HAD to kill her.........but he didn't HAVE to, just club her over the head and knock her out
    it was an instinctive reaction to seeing Dannyboy's life in danger
    (you'll have to refresh the page if you click 'My FF'; there seems to be a bug on FF's part - my account does still exist!!)

sigpic

Comment

watched this one last night thanks to the dvds! My husband and I found it a bit confusing, the way the episode kept jumping around. I thought it was a really good episode in the ways that it was acted, edited, filmed, etc.

My question is: Has he found the boy?
      Just sitting here at the computer..typing my life away!

Comment

Originally posted by rac76
        watched this one last night thanks to the dvds! My husband and I found it a bit confusing, the way the episode kept jumping around. I thought it was a really good episode in the ways that it was acted, edited, filmed, etc.

In some future episode they do, but then lose him. I don't want to spoil it for you, but yes they do.

Off-hand I can't think of which ep it was though.

24/7 Wake - KrackHouse server: 69.28.221.211:16567
        24/7 Groundpounders - Krackhouse: 69.28.221.210:16567
        Both heavily admined.

Comment

Originally posted by rac76

Future SG1
          Spoiler:
          In S3 Maternal Instinct, Daniel finds the boy but decides to leave him under the care of the Ancient Oma Desala. They meet again in S4 Absolute Power, but again, the boy stays with Oma.
          SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Thanks for the info! I have season 3 on dvd ( thank goodness for dvds!!) so I've been playing "catch up" as fast as I can.
            Just sitting here at the computer..typing my life away!

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee
              Erm......yeah.
              I got really confused by this one, first time out, and I'm still not sure which bits are dream, and which bits Daniel is actually living out.

Quite a good ep., but a little too confusing, for me.
              Yeah, it did get confusing. Good episode though.

Comment

Originally posted by walter_MacChevron
                Very good character building episode for Daniel, and I like how Teal'c HAD to kill her.........but he didn't HAVE to, just club her over the head and knock her out
                Thats what i thought, why shoot her, when he could easily knocked her out. But would probably not be a episode then.

Comment

I remember watching this one, very sad, i was gutted they killed her off, why couldn't they take her to the tok'ra to get the simbiote out, just not good enough. But still a good episode, i loved the ceromony he did for her, beautiful!.
                  equineholisticcare.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk

All life is but a wandering to find home.

Comment

This was on today, and I noticed a few interesting (well, to me, anyway) things. Now, I should say that I believe that everything that happened in the show was emotionally true. I mean, even if the events were a dream, they were just a way of speeding up the process of what would have happened anyway. But, funny, Daniel called Sam "Carter" when he was telling Jack he'd miss her (and pointedly omitting Teal'c). Daniel has only called Sam by her last name when he does the introductions to others offworld, and always with her full title. Otherwise, he calls her Sam. And, of course, when Daniel is asking Teal'c about harsesis, it's one of the rare times that Teal'c calls him Daniel, instead of Daniel Jackson. I wonder if they really noticed that when they wrote the episode.
                    I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

yeah its an intersting episode.
                      sigpic
                      Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Definately for this mission you can make it mean whatever you want it to mean.
                        sigpic

Comment

yeah it was a interesting episode hope they have another one like it

Comment

Originally posted by Ptah View Post
                            I guess so, but I just didn't find it terribly convincing that Teal'c had no choice but to shoot her, when he was close enough to incapacitate her non-fatally.
                            Agreed. Heck Teal'c could have zatted her, and they could have taken her to the TOk'ra to get the symbiot removed.

Originally posted by Perriman33 View Post
                            ^ Yeah I thought it would be one of those unobtainable goals most shows put in. It was such an anticlimax to the whole 'daniel finding his wife' thing!
                            Or at least have made it where he could have 'saved her' but 'Shar'ia made a choice to stand in the way of a blast ment for daniel...

Originally posted by Ascendant View Post
                            I know! Teal'c, buddy - seriously, you ever heard of kneecaps? And even if it was a split-second thing, it would have taken less time to bean the chick than to open the charging thingies on the staff weapon and fire.
                            heck why not shoot teh darn hand the ribbon device is on??

As to me, did anyone else thing those times 'shar'ia was pulled away in his dreams, was reminicent of how ancients got pulled away when the other stepped in to stop an ascended person interfering??

Comment

Daniel almost died and you guys reckon Teal'c had time to do the maths? He chose to save Daniel's life without hesitation.

Teal'c:..... "Hmm, well I should not use my staff weapon, i should use my zat because the Tok'ra have a way of removing the symbiot and Daniel Jackson can go on to live happily ever after with Sha're".

Comment

Just saw this epsisode earlier this week for the 3rd time ever. 1st time I saw it I never really got into it, thought it was pretty boring and sad at the same time. But by everytime I see it I learn to like it more and more, and now I must say it's actually a very well done episode. Alot of emotions, sadness and good acting and writing I think. It's not that often they do these more drama eps, but this was well done. Good drama mixed with a little touch of humor by Jack, a good combo.

Comment

Working...
                                X